• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPW

BLmvLQXCIAAFJ5q.jpg:large

I understand the appeal of tablets, I understand the appeal of smartphones, but what exactly is the point of phablets?

The Note is really cool, the screen estate is very good for games and using the S-Pen but tbh holding it up to your ear, it looks ridiculous. Otherwise, it's there for consuming content. mm, content.

Kenka

I am reading a report on Javi Martinez and some of the stats are insane

he played in 27 games in the league. 24 wins and 3 draws.
just 8 goals conceded when he played. 6 of them after a corner/penalty/free kick

72% of the tacklings won and 100% pass success rate in the final
That's really telling. Martinez is the reason why Bayern are über alles (and not Dante).

The Constant.

It doesn't hurt so much since I prevented myself getting too attached to Suarez. Aside from the very rare exception (Zanetti, Buffon, Del Piero), only homegrown/local players truly care about the club enough to potentially sacrifice their prime years in order to help us improve.

One or two at a time are not worth talking about. 4 or 5 at a time like near the Eastern armour, different matter all together.

Ugh, forgot about the times when they crowd you. Run, you fool.

pulga

Banned
Pulga roots for Juve as a failsafe, if Madrid fails and wins fuck all he whips out a Juve avatar lol.

Because that was such an awesome failsafe for seven long years

He's got a picture as a kid pole dancing with a Juve shirt, that's more proof than you'll ever need.

Its a swing lolol

It's not a sin to love one child a little more than the other. He's still one of us. ONE OF US.

Zabo <3 I love both equally! I just post more about Madrid since between you an Yurt youve got Juve news covered more than adequatelly.

Suen

I understand the appeal of tablets, I understand the appeal of smartphones, but what exactly is the point of phablets?
Didn't even freakin know that's what they are called. Saw my cousin having one and thought it was just a phone with a ridiculous size and then I thought to myself that the size would make it look really stupid if you put it against the ear to talk to someone.

If smartphones can do this in the near future we won't have to worry about screen size anymore!

Didn't even freakin know that's what they are called. Saw my cousin having one and thought it was just a phone with a ridiculous size and then I thought to myself that the size would make it look really stupid if you put it against the ear to talk to someone.

If smartphones can do this in the near future we won't have to worry about screen size anymore!

that looks really fucking stupid. what a horrible hanging UI.

Kenka

I can't/won't/don't believe this. it's too crazy
I don't know what stands out the most in the crazy:
  • that Reus may leave after one season
  • that his sell would represent only 17 M&#8364; more than what Dortmund gave out for his transfer
  • that 35M&#8364; is pretty much peanuts in the current market
Nobody could have predicted how much of a fantastic player he would evolve in. He is pretty much a more forward-leaning version of Paul Scholes at his prime.

Woke up to some terrible news. Kokorin out injured for our vital WCQ game against Portugal(we're fucked) and all of U21 Euros (fucked even more). Time for the 4-6-0, Dzagoev as false 9, Spalletti would be proud!

dc89

Other tidbits:

"In Ferran we have one of the best cheif executives in world football."

"Txiki has been a great addition. His influence is now felt in every area of the club"

"Sheikh Mansour has approved a stadium expansion."

Also confirms Zabaleta and Richards will be offered new contracts soon.

YES ZABA!!!!!

spidye

Talking badly about Dante, doesn't GAF have the feeling that he is overrated ? His reactions are at times pretty bad for a central defender.
Also didn't know he speaks fluently spanish: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARSEt898JTM

dante has been pretty awesome for us. he became a leader and a starter in his first season at bayern munich after fighting against relegation with gladbach. who'd have thought.

he was pretty bad in the last games though. some pretty bad decisions against gladbach and dortmund

Timurid

Other tidbits:

"Txiki has been a great addition. His influence is now felt in every area of the club"

YES ZABA!!!!!

What?

How is the Reus release clause news? That has gone public just a few days after we announced the signing. It's 35m starting 2015 and there are rumors we're trying to give him a new contract without one in the next year.

Splatt

Other tidbits:

YES ZABA!!!!!

9ZOVnt0.jpg

confuziz

Banned
Going to be a great transfersummer.

'United interested in Falcao'

GAF : RUMMMBOO OMGGGG. BEST PLAYER EVER, TREBLE INCOMING

Falcao to Monaco confirmed

'United interested in Tiago'

GAF : OMFG BEST MIDFIELD IN THE UNIVERSE

Tiago stays at Barcelona

This will go on for Fellaini, Strootman, and the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom