• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Just had a 15min telephone call with someone i trust implicitly. This person is telling me the Cesc Fabregas to Arsenal could happen soon!

— Geoff Arsenal (@GeoffArsenal)
Geoff Arsenal ‏@GeoffArsenal @DiddyGooner lot more to come that people are unaware of too. You'll read about it soon. You wait. :)
Dare I dream?

His wife and daughter live in London as well, according to him.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Not a big fan of red kits but I guess I'll have to change that for my new team

I'm so bored I'm watching Colombian league football. Shitty teams too.

Wilbur

Banned
"They became the seventh team to win their league, cup and European Cup in the same season, following Internazionale (2010), Barcelona (2009), Manchester United (1999), PSV Eindhoven (1988), Ajax (1972) and Celtic (1967)."

Damn, three in four years after four in 33. It's getting easier. Super clubs ruining football (mine included). It'd be great to go back to like 70s and 80s when Forest, Villa, not Liverpool, Derby, Leeds, Everton, Spurs were all contesting for stuff, plus City/Chelsea/United/Arsenal now and all the others. Would love a crapshoot league, that's why I love the Championship

spidye

0-theis_Diashow.jpg

kickbox world champion and physician

AndresON777

shooting blanks
The lack of football drives me mad. Hate this time of year.

Yeah it's awful. I like International football so it won't be so bad for me during the summer break this year.

Where is War Recon? Does Junior have any good young players this season? They play at 9 I think.

What a stupid post. The same could be said for any top team with a top striker, that their secondary strikers or whatever would have scored more goal if the top striker wasn't there. Sleeplessnights kept shitting on Madrid on how it's a shit club. It doesn't change that Manchester United lost to a shit Madrid (and yes you can gladly claim you played better than us which you did, not to anyone's surpise with our performance up until that point in all competitions. It only makes you look more pathetic to be happy about it). Not only that but both Benz and Higuain, despite being rotated and somewhat average to downright bad this season, have each scored scored more than Shrek and Hernandez. I understand if Man Utd fans want to keep their standards at the level of a shitty Shrek and Hernandez and be proud of that but the rest of us will gladly stay outside that diarrhea bubble.

Stupid post because it pointed out your stupid comment? Of course you can say for any team that second strikers would have scored more without a top striker, but that isn't the point. Can't you read? Chicharito and Rppmey had 34 goals, which is better than every other team's 2nd and 3rd strikers. So your comment was indeed stupid. Without RVP, United would have had a top 2 strike force in the league. That is why some United fans were hesitant to wanting RVP last summer.

I don't give a shit about your argument on Real Madrid, the red card, and United. The whole post is about your stupid comment.

Benzema and Higuain: 39 goals and 27 assists.

Shrek and Pea: 34 goals and 21 assists

The difference is that Benz and Higuain are the 1st and 2nd strikers, while Shrek and Pea are the 2nd and 3rd.

So no, United's strike force would not be shit without RVP. You forget that Rppmey had 34 goals last season. Of course RVP made us better, but to say that United's strike force without him is shit is stupid.

Never have bothered watching those youth tournaments. Probably should. Completely forgot about the Confederations Cup though. That'll do.

There's also some WCQ games next week too. Speaking of which, I should probably start trolling Portugaf in anticipation of the Portugal-Russia game.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Colombia v Argentina on Friday. Neither team defends well so shit should get real.

-the under 20 toulon tournament has been pretty good. We play France Monday and we're undefeated, as are they.

Brasil, Belgium, México, USA, Portugal and Korea are also playing in it

L1NETT

Congrats BayernGAF.

Hopefully a massive transfer happens so we haven't got to see Blaburn celebratory gifs constantly ;-) (love you really)

--

Speaking of which, rumours heating up that we may sign Gnabry on loan from the Gunners. That would be mental, apparently he is shit hot.

fuenf

Once again, thanks for this amazing season footyGAF.

It was my first full season on footyGAF and obviously it couldn't have been a better one. But posting here really enhanced the experience and my enjoyment of Bayern's season. I know, us Bayern fans can be obnoxious and I often wonder how you even put up with us and our constant need for appreciation as well as you do. Just like Jose we just want us / Bayern to be loved. You kept us grounded (well at least some of us), you made us doubt our team, you kept us on our toes and last but not least you humbled us. It was a fun ride.

I wish your clubs all the best, and an exciting transfer summer. There will be joy, but most importantly I can't wait for the meltdowns when Arsenal once again forgets to buy a star player and sells... um I guess Walcott or Wilshere, when ManU misses out on Thiago and decides they won't need another CM. I hope that even without Mancini City will once again prove their ineptitude on the transfer market, that Monaco will buy every player Real / Barca and Chelsea want, and I can't wait to see the special one losing to Meus, i mean Moyes.

<3 footy GAf <3

Yeah it's awful. I like International football so it won't be so bad for me during the summer break this year.

Where is War Recon? Does Junior have any good young players this season? They play at 9 I think.

We suck this season.

Fighting to reach playoffs and we depend on 4 results.

Unfortunately we don't have a Bacca or Teo for showcase. Vladimir Hernandez may start today but he's overrated

Eat this Kyoufu

Where were you? I just fapped over nothing. Fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom