• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Brazil aren't exactly hot shit either.

I'd still give them a better chance though wouldn't you?

Thiago Silva, David Luiz, Alves, Marcelo is way better already.

Lucas/Neymar/Oscar/Hulk aren't bad options. Midfield is the weak point from what I've seen for them.

Plus, can't forget the World Cup is in Brazil.

Zabojnik

I can dream right. Cuadrado is so awesome I love him!

Will be interesting to see Juve against Napoli now that we have Rafa. It will be what we call in the NBA fuck ball

I'm counting on you to switch alleigance once Juve sign a colombian player. Probably Muriel. I really want Cuadrado though.

Midfield is the weak point from what I've seen for them.

That is easily fixed. Bring back Felipe Melo. He deserves a second chance.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Remember, Felipao wants to use Julio Cesar as starter and its him who got him eliminated against Holland 3 years ago.

Brasil aint doing shit.

Germany, Spain, Italia, Colombia

Final Four baby. We lose to Spain on a shady penalty decision

Zabojnik said:
I'm counting on you to switch alleigance once Juve sign a colombian player. Probably Muriel. I really want Cuadrado though.

I will once you get a Colombian. I only care about our players I could care less about clubs and countries

Remember, Felipao wants to use Julio Cesar as starter and its him who got him eliminated against Holland 3 years ago.

Brasil aint doing shit.

Germany, Spain, Italia, Colombia

Final Four baby. We lose to Spain on a shady penalty decision

I love how even in Andres' wildest dreams(aka the above scenario) Colombia still loses. What a pathetic, pecho frio country.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I love how even in Andres' wildest dreams(aka the above scenario) Colombia still loses. What a pathetic, pecho frio country.

I'm a realist. Russia wont even make it out of the group stage. Besides, only big countries win the world cup. It's like the NFL bro. Jacksonville will never win a super bowl

Salvadora

Md2eQd3.jpg

I'm a realist. Russia wont even make it out of the group stage. Besides, only big countries win the world cup. It's like the NFL bro. Jacksonville will never win a super bowl

Good thing Russia is the biggest country in the world! And the only way we wouldn't make it out of the group is if we draw 0-0 three times because there's no way that based Capello and Akinfeev will allow the scrub opposition to score.

Not even fuckball can be compare to Benitez's tactics.

Our football under him became much more expansive as he changed the team and personnel season-by-season. Napoli will be pretty boring next season probably, and maybe the season after. Hope they give him time, think its fair to say that he knew what he was talking about when he said that Inter needed rebuilding even after they won the double.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Good thing Russia is the biggest country in the world! And the only way we wouldn't make it out of the group is if we draw 0-0 three times because there's no way that based Capello and Akinfeev will allow the scrub opposition to score.

I see colombia and ussr tied back in 1962. Thought about your big russian bear ass. Man, russian bears are tight

LOL

Koko

Banned
Our football under him became much more expansive as he changed the team and personnel season-by-season. Napoli will be pretty boring next season probably, and maybe the season after. Hope they give him time, think its fair to say that he knew what he was talking about when he said that Inter needed rebuilding even after they won the double.

That's true. I think he will be given enough time at Napoli.

Scum

WC 2nd Round
Russia 3 [Dzagoev 66', 78', 81'] - 1 England [Lampard 9']

Suen

Stupid post because it pointed out your stupid comment? Of course you can say for any team that second strikers would have scored more without a top striker, but that isn't the point. Can't you read? Chicharito and Rppmey had 34 goals, which is better than every other team's 2nd and 3rd strikers. So your comment was indeed stupid. Without RVP, United would have had a top 2 strike force in the league. That is why some United fans were hesitant to wanting RVP last summer.

I don't give a shit about your argument on Real Madrid, the red card, and United. The whole post is about your stupid comment.

Benzema and Higuain: 39 goals and 27 assists.

Shrek and Pea: 34 goals and 21 assists

The difference is that Benz and Higuain are the 1st and 2nd strikers, while Shrek and Pea are the 2nd and 3rd.

So no, United's strike force would not be shit without RVP. You forget that Rppmey had 34 goals last season. Of course RVP made us better, but to say that United's strike force without him is shit is stupid.
I expect players who would make up a top 2 strike force to perform better as 2nd/3rd strikers as well, this is the reason to why we're not satisfied with our current strikers in Madrid. No one is expecting them to score as much as the main striker of the team, especially not when they make less apps and will have their form affected because of it but more than what they currently do? Yes. Benz and Higuain, one of them might score lots as well without CR7 there but that doesn't necessarily make them into great players as evidently shown this season. We don't need one-dimensional players who might only score lots when they play as main strikers but then don't score enough as 2nd/3rd, the only thing that says is inconsistency. Same would apply for Shrek and Hernandez or any other damn player.

I admit that calling United's strike force shit without RVP is stupid. You'd more than likely be able to put up a solid strike force even without RVP and certainly much better than what most, if not all teams could do in EPL. Shrek scoring 34 goals last season is great, definitely a top player then, scoring just ten goals in 26 apps this season is not good imo and thus it doesn't necessarily guarantee that he'd go back to suddenly scoring 30+ goals per season again as a main striker the following season. If he had scored 18 or 20 goals or something it would be much more convincing.

Benz and Higuain are 1st and 2nd strikers, you are right. But this is only true on the outside as our play is still focused around CR7. Our first striker really doesn't get to play his role as a first striker.

Did I even mention the red card? The United tears were glorious though (although I felt sorry for you guys anyway + the ref killed the fucking game)

edit: and Monaco will beat you in CL 2014/15

edit 2: off to sleep before all United cunts hunt me down. Be nice with your reply KidA Seven, you red Bayern devil.

You American Russians are soft. I am disappoint for such a great nation.

Cue USSR national anthem

USSR national anthem is the same as the current Russian national anthem but with different lyrics.
WC 2nd Round
Russia 3 [Dzagoev 66', 78', 81'] - 1 England [Lampard 9']
UOESv1y.gif

At first I was going to say that prediction is impossible since Capello doesn't play Dzagoev, but since it's all second half goals I guess Capello could have gotten desperate and subbed him on after 60 minutes.

I expect players who would make up a top 2 strike force to perform better as 2nd/3rd strikers as well, this is the reason to why we're not satisfied with our current strikers in Madrid. No one is expecting them to score as much as the main striker of the team, especially not when they make less apps and will have their form affected because of it but more than what they currently do? Yes. Benz and Higuain, one of them might score lots as well without CR7 there but that doesn't necessarily make them into great players as evidently shown this season. We don't need one-dimensional players who might only score lots when they play as main strikers but then don't score enough as 2nd/3rd, the only thing that says is inconsistency. Same would apply for Shrek and Hernandez or any other damn player.

I admit that calling United's strike force shit without RVP is stupid. You'd more than likely be able to put up a solid strike force even without RVP and certainly much better than what most, if not all teams could do in EPL. Shrek scoring 34 goals last season is great, definitely a top player then, scoring just ten goals in 26 apps this season is not good imo and thus it doesn't necessarily guarantee that he'd go back to suddenly scoring 30+ goals per season again as a main striker the following season. If he had scored 18 or 20 goals or something it would be much more convincing.

Benz and Higuain are 1st and 2nd strikers, you are right. But this is only true on the outside as our play is still focused around CR7. Our first striker really doesn't get to play his role as a first striker.

Did I even mention the red card? The United tears were glorious though (although I felt sorry for you guys anyway + the ref killed the fucking game)

edit: and Monaco will beat you in CL 2014/15

I only mentioned the red card because you and someone else were arguing about that CL match and then included Madrid in your reply to me.

I still think Rooney would have gotten around 30 goals if RVP wasn't there. He's capable of getting 30 goals if he gets consistent playing time as the main striker. He didn't get that this year with RVP or in 2011. He did in 2010 and 2012. Sometimes he played as a midfielder and most of the time he played as a striker, but deeper than RVP.

That's why Wilbury, some other United bros, and I thought getting RVP wasn't necessary last season. We look stupid and are stupid because RVP is better than Rooney, but we had complete faith in Rooney, Chicha, and Welbeck. The reality is that we now have RVP and he made us a better team so Rooney can now fuck off.

Scum

At first I was going to say that prediction is impossible since Capello doesn't play Dzagoev, but since it's all second half goals I guess Capello could have gotten desperate and subbed him on after 60 minutes.

It'd be hilarious if Capello is the one that dumps England out. lol

Caughtoffside is seriously one of the worst websites ever. They are now linking Eden Hazard to Monaco for £40m. He just left the league, why would he go back? and we would ask for so much more money! I am going to block this site on NewsNow I think.

Lightning

Banned
I only mentioned the red card because you and someone else were arguing about that CL match and then included Madrid in your reply to me.

I still think Rooney would have gotten around 30 goals if RVP wasn't there. He's capable of getting 30 goals if he gets consistent playing time as the main striker. He didn't get that this year with RVP or in 2011. He did in 2010 and 2012. Sometimes he played as a midfielder and most of the time he played as a striker, but deeper than RVP.

That's why Wilbury, some other United bros, and I thought getting RVP wasn't necessary last season. We look stupid and are stupid because RVP is better than Rooney, but we had complete faith in Rooney, Chicha, and Welbeck. The reality is that we now have RVP and he made us a better team so Rooney can now fuck off.
RVP will be 30 by the start of next season and without Rooney 1 injury to him and you are screwed. Rooney offers so much more than just goals, how Man U fans fail to see that after all the service Rooney has given them is baffling. Now he can fuck off...

RVP will be 30 by the start of next season and without Rooney 1 injury to him and you are screwed. Rooney offers so much more than just goals, how Man U fans fail to see that after all the service Rooney has given them is baffling. Now he can fuck off...

Well, I want to use the Rooney money for a winger or attacking midfielder able to drift inside and score goals. The reason why Rooney can fuck off is because he's not a better striker than RVP and his touch is really bad for an attacking midfielder. Besides, he doesn't operate like a normal attacking midfielder. He likes to just give it to the wingers and then go up front to score. He forces everyone else to play out of position.

You can say the same for a lot of teams losing their #1 striker. I have faith in Chicha and Welbeck chipping in goals.

Rooney has wanted to leave United twice now. First because we didn't have enough quality, and now because he isn't automatic to start anymore. I don't care about checking my language towards him anymore. The cunt shouldn't have asked for a transfer and have a shit attitude at the end of the season.

México es una mierda

jFqP2Y6bNHw9V.jpg

K1LLER7

He's allegedly put in a 2nd transfer request, he can fuck off. He doesn't want to be there, so sell him. Use the money we get to buy a replacement. He was great years ago, but over the past couple of years it's clear that he's not the same player any more. He was in a position of power when he put his first transfer request in, because he was our main player and used it as a means to get a better contract. Now because he's not the main player anymore and is dropped from the big games, he puts in another transfer request. He doesn't have the same advantages he had back then.

Also, If RVP was to get injured, as a direct replacement up front, at this point in time, I'd play Chicha over Rooney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom