• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
If you lose during the CL qualifications matches you don't go to the Europe League right?

no (in that you do go into the Europe League if you lose CL qualification round—at least the one right before the group stage... the 3rd ? round)

Lightning

Banned
i know we're better than all those teams but we have a habit of choking in important games lately. i call it the allegri effect.
There is always a chance for an underdog victory but Arsenal, Schakle and AC Milan have the least to worry about from those teams.

Lyon could be in trouble because I'm sure they are going to be stripped of some players.

I've watched Sociedad quite a bit over the past few weeks and there is nothing to worry about there. Even if either of us draw them, they will be the toughest, our squads should take them. It would be similar when we had to take Udinese 2 years ago.

Suen

Fucking birds. Russia and Colombia will fail, none of them have the right nose...

zlatan-ibrahimovic.jpg

or the right fake viking

arsenal out of CL, that would be delicious

As an Englishman I dont want to see any PL team get knocked out even though I'm a United fan I want them all to at least get to the knockout stages.

Especially with the chance of only 3 CL spots potentially looming.

Blablurn

I like how Madrid and Dortmund broke the record for most points in a season last year and now Bayern and Barca topped them again.

Pachimari

Alvaro Arbeloa has slammed his Real Madrid team-mates, claiming they are responsible for Jose Mourinho's exit.

The Portuguese won La Liga last season but has endured a turbulent campaign marred by alleged feuds with several members of his squad, including iconic goalkeeper Iker Casillas, and will return to Chelsea imminently.

Barcelona coasted to the league title, Madrid were knocked out of the Champions League and then lost to Atletico Madrid in the Copa del Rey final, all of which culminated in the announcement this would be Mourinho's last season in charge of the club.

And after he ended his tenure at the Santiago Bernabeu with a 4-2 win over Osasuna, Arbeloa hit out at the Blancos squad for contributing to his departure.

"The responsibility is everyone's," the 30-year-old told reporters. "We lacked maturity in difficult situations.

"Mourinho has always put Real Madrid ahead of him. He often damaged his image for the sake of this club, but the players cannot say the same. Starting with me, I look first for myself, then the club, like many others.

"It's a shame we could not have won more titles. Mourinho has won wherever he has been and with perhaps the best squad he has lead, won the fewest things.

"We lost hope of catching Barcelona after the set-backs of the first month. By September we never believed we could win, with the gap being so many points. It was a shame not to have fought until the end.

"I think it has been a turbulent season, especially at the end. There were many who did not agree with the coach and while that was respectable, we should have put the fans first in these three years."

Really sucks some players (Casillas) put themselves ahead of everyone else.

Mourinho should have stayed here for a while.

Lightning

Banned
Really sucks some players (Casillas) put themselves ahead of everyone else.

Mourinho should have stayed here for a while.
Why is Casillas the only one being singled out? Not really fair. He's not the only one.

Louis Van Gaal wants to leave the national team after the World Cup? Short term manager pisses me off.

Lightning

Banned
Source ?

I don't want him ;_;
Many have been reporting it for ages. Won't happen.

We are not offering United £25m and Rooney £200k a week and even if we did he wouldn't accept it. He's a great player but he's not worth blowing so much money on.

Blablurn

BLvobvTCMAEYcaZ.jpg:large

The heroes are coming to Munich! There will be another party. With a huge bus the team will drive from the airport into the city.

subtles

Florentino Perez re-elected as Real Madrid president for another four years after he remained unopposed for the position after the deadline for further nominations passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom