• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

subtles

This was boss back when Suarez signed.

PHOTO_16610805_173471_31161151_ap.jpg

Messi

scott-parker-misses-open-goal.gif

barca reached 100 points, i bet you are happy

Yep, shame we couldn't get 1 more point somewhere.

The feeling from the defeats to Bayern still lingers as does the way barca are letting Abidal go. Its leaving a very bad taste in my mouth.

Scum

The feeling from the defeats to Bayern still lingers as does the way barca are letting Abidal go. Its leaving a very bad taste in my mouth.

Hopefully you'll end up with a better backline for next season.

Messi

Hopefully you'll end up with a better backline for next season.

I don't see why the club couldn't have given Abidal a 1 year extension to prove he could still play at that level. From what we have seen he was been soild to great. Its such a shit situation. I would take him at CB over most of our current crop.

Scum

I don't see why the club couldn't have given Abidal a 1 year extension to prove he could still play at that level. From what we have seen he was been soild to great. Its such a shit situation. I would take him at CB over most of our current crop.

Get Hummels and T. Silva.

Clegg

Moyes doesn't officially take over until July 1st. He'll probably want to make his own assessment own the squad before deciding what to do in the transfer market. He's the manager and is perfectly entitled to do this.

We just have to make sure that we make some good signings. We saw what happened to City the summer after they won the league. They failed to strengthen their squad and were surpassed by United in the following season.

Messi

Get Hummels and T. Silva.

I would be happy with either, but as I said I have no idea why they could not keep him as a backup considering our recent troubles. Plus he can play RB and CB and does not feel the need to stay up at the other end of the pitch like Alves and Alba.

MPW

and couldn't beat real madrid in league matches

i was suprised abidal wasn't given an extension, i'm sure he wouldn't demand the wages he was making before his illness

K1LLER7

Moyes doesn't officially take over until July 1st. He'll probably want to make his own assessment own the squad before deciding what to do in the transfer market. He's the manager and is perfectly entitled to do this.

We just have to make sure that we make some good signings. We saw what happened to City the summer after they won the league. They failed to strengthen their squad and were surpassed by United in the following season.
I'm pretty sure he'll have a rough idea of who he wants and what area to improve on.

There were reports of a meeting being held between Moysey and some of the United execs. Apparently transfers and plans were discussed then.

MPW

I would be happy with either, but as I said I have no idea why they could not keep him as a backup considering our recent troubles. Plus he can play RB and CB and does not feel the need to stay up at the other end of the pitch like Alves and Alba.

you will get mertesacker :D

barca's summer signing from arsenal this season :p

Messi

and couldn't beat real madrid in league matches

i was suprised abidal wasn't given an extension, i'm sure he wouldn't demand the wages he was making before his illness

This did not bother me all that much as you did a perfectly fine job of giving those points to us elsewhere :p

K1LLER7

I told Andres that Nani will be Monaco's next signing. Now one of the press are reporting Nani to Monaco for 20m.

Take him Monaco pls.

Clegg

I'm pretty sure he'll have a rough idea of who he wants and what area to improve on.

There were reports of a meeting being held between Moysey and some of the United execs. Apparently transfers and plans were discussed then.
Well hopefully we'll see some activity from United soon.

We don't want our rivals to steal a march on us.

Why would Mónaco sign another LM/LW ?

Nani is traditionally a right winger. He only plays on the left to accommodate Valencia. That's why I liked Nani above all of our wingers. He can play on either side so if either Young or Valencia were injured, he could easily fill in.

His best season came from the right side in 2011 when Valencia was injured.

Koko

Banned
Nani is traditionally a right winger. He only plays on the left to accommodate Valencia. That's why I liked Nani above all of our wingers. He can play on either side so if either Young or Valencia were injured, he could easily fill in.

His best season came from the right side in 2011 when Valencia was injured.

I completely forgot that he used to play as a RW. Now everything makes more sense.

Lightning

Banned
Our potential opponents for the CL qualifiers:

Real Soceidad
Metalist Kharkiv
PSV
Fenerbahce
PAOK
Pacos de Ferreira
Nordsjaelland
Salzburg

Don't mind any of them but prefer not to play PSV. I don't want Arsenal to prevent Dutch clubs progression.

Our potential opponents for the CL qualifiers:

Real Soceidad
Metalist Kharkiv
PSV
Fenerbahce
PAOK
Pacos de Ferreira
Nordsjaelland
Salzburg

Don't mind any of them but prefer not to play PSV. I don't want Arsenal to prevent Dutch clubs progression.

Aren't you glad that everything worked out and you don't have to face Zenit? We can remain on
semi-
friendly terms.

Lightning

Banned
Aren't you glad that everything worked out and you don't have to face Zenit? We can remain on
semi-
friendly terms.
Adding Zenit and removing Sociedad won't have made any difference. We would have just prevented you from qualifying.

Zenit drawing Arsenal is worse for you than us.

Adding Zenit and removing Sociedad won't have made any difference. We would have just prevented you from qualifying.

Zenit drawing Arsenal is worse for you than us.

Let's not get cocky now, Lightning. Zenit and Arsenal are similar quality teams. And since the Russian season starts back up in mid-July, Zenit would have been more match fit than Arsenal. I'd say it would be close to 50/50 on who would progress. Thankfully we get to avoid this wonderful scenario. Maybe we'll meet in the group stage though.

Lightning

Banned
Let's not get cocky now, Lightning. Zenit and Arsenal are similar quality teams. And since the Russian season starts back up in mid-July, Zenit would have been more match fit than Arsenal. I'd say it would be close to 50/50 on who would progress. Thankfully we get to avoid this wonderful scenario. Maybe we'll meet in the group stage though.
I'm disappointed we avoided it. I have no fear whatsoever of Zenit. I'm hoping for Zenit vs Sociedad though. Wouldn't you enjoy that?

I'm disappointed we avoided it. I have no fear whatsoever of Zenit. I'm hoping for Zenit vs Sociedad though. Wouldn't you enjoy that?

I would enjoy because it would mean we made it past the third qualifying round :p. Also I have a feeling that some of Sociedad's better players may get poached this summer.

i have a real bad feeling about our CL qualification match.

we fucking better not be missing balo and monto due to the stupid confederations cup.

Confederations Cup ends June 30th. Your CL qualifiers are in mid to late August. You'll be fine.

Lightning

Banned
arsenal out of CL, that would be delicious
Who's going to be good enough to put us out? Sociedad? Ohhhhh I am so worried... not.

i have a real bad feeling about our CL qualification match.

we fucking better not be missing balo and monto due to the stupid confederations cup.
Why worried? You face the same draw we do. If we can't beat any of the teams listed then we will both be mauled in the group stages anyway and by the time the games take place most transfer activity should have taken place for our clubs.

Confederations Cup ends June 30th. Your CL qualifiers are in mid to late August. You'll be fine.

oh, thanks. i dunno why i thought the qualifiers were much earlier. maybe i was thinking about the earlier round.

Why worried? You face the same draw we do. If we can't beat any of the teams listed then we will both be mauled in the group stages anyway and by the time the games take place most transfer activity should have taken place for our clubs.

i know we're better than all those teams but we have a habit of choking in important games lately. i call it the allegri effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom