• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi

Attacking no doubt. 7 fucking goals! But Milan played a better defensive game, Barca really had just ONE SHOT in 90 minutes, and it came from outside the box.

in the Alliance the first shot on target for barca was 65 mins in. Their defenders were perfect. Barca had 2 shots on target in that game, both from outside the box and we lost 4-0. This Bayern were more impressive.

Lunchbox

Banned
blah blah blah

repeat repeat blah blah
stop saying the same thing over and over, playing with 10 for 30 mins isnt "just one red card."

like i said, i dont have to prove anything to you, you didnt win the champions league, wont next year, and your manager during that game already admitted we were better -
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/video/2013/mar/06/mourinho-manchester-real-madrid-video

your opinion on that game isnt bigger than the manager of the club that actually picked and played the game and won (after cheating)

Bayern were significantly more impressive, defensively and attacking. It ended 7-0 agg ffs. lol.

Ironically the home game vs Milan was the best Barca played all season.

I couldn't have imagined an even better performance by Bayern, whereas by comparison, Barcelona couldn't have been any worse. They showed no interest or pride that night. Same goes for the second leg. I'm not sure whether the issue was ambition or just mental fatigue

flippedb

Banned
I couldn't have imagined an even better performance by Bayern, whereas by comparison, Barcelona couldn't have been any worse. They showed no interest or pride that night. Same goes for the second leg. I'm not sure whether the issue was ambition or just mental fatigue

They played against a better team. Simple as that.

I'm still bummed BVB didn't win the CL. Such a likeable team

Messi

It was the lack of a focal point in messi combined with mental fatigue. The team over the years became more and more dependant on messi and when he wasnt there they got exposed.

Also, Bayern were perfection.

Messi

stop saying the same thing over and over, playing with 10 for 30 mins isnt "just one red card."

like i said, i dont have to prove anything to you, you didnt win the champions league, wont next year, and your manager during that game already admitted we were better -
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/video/2013/mar/06/mourinho-manchester-real-madrid-video

your opinion on that game isnt bigger than the manager of the club that actually picked and played the game and won (after cheating)

Did you feel you were cheated against Basel the year before?

Dark Rider

you kept crying about the red card so i kept reminding you how that red card show your team failure to handle it. yes MU FAILED to handle the situation they crashed and burned, accept it man and move on.

you don't need to prove anything to me? yeah that is why you jumped at me out of nowhere... wait!

we didn't win the champions league? thank you captain obvious :)
we will not win it next year? we probably won't but can you lend me your crystal ball so i confirm it too?

Mou said you were the better team? yeah I said before I respect his opinion but I disagree you did not deserve to advance because you failed to deal with an every day situation in the world of football (one red card).

my opinion on that game is not important because my manager said you were better?
well it seemed important enough for you man ;)

Suen

How did we cheat? If your idiot player didn't try and pull off a Cantona on the pitch without looking around him he would have remained. Doesn't matter how much undeserved or unintentional it was, it's not our fault that your player is an incompetent fuck who's unable to consider his surroundings when making decisions, don't blame it on us. Go deliver your salt to the ref.

22oswego.large2.jpg

K1LLER7

Was there a questionable red given in the game?
from what i remember of that season, We got outplayed in Europe. Mainly by A.Bilbao

On the red card, it changed the game. In that situation, a top team will exploit it and there's very little that can be done about it unless the team sits back and defends with everyone *and* gets a bit of luck.

Iirc, Madrid were doing well vs Barca a couple years ago in a CL game and then Pepe got a red and that changed the game to Barca's benefit.

Lunchbox

Banned

that was a shit team relying on ashley young and rooney

this years van persie clank team had a great chance of advancing or at least putting up a fight against dortmund and munich. defensively they were fantastic and madrid did not get a look until the sending off. its sad that those cunts got through because of that and wasted a semifinal spot like how arsenal does every year with the 4th place.

being demolished doesnt hurt, like how pie eater ronaldo did to us in 2003, but being cheated off a game we won does and it made every single one of those lewandowski goals that much sweeter.

Fry

Don't worry, I have a plan. I read that he's interested in playing Dust 514, which is what I'm playing at the moment (have to for a review). I'll join his corporation under false pretences, as a fellow Interista, and convince him to get back to posting here. Only to then reveal my true colours and mock him until he starts his own suicide thread on GAF. #remuntrollada

Please do it!

Suen

Was there a questionable red given in the game?
from what i remember of that season, We got outplayed in Europe. Mainly by A.Bilbao

On the red card, it changed the game. A top team will exploit it and there's very little that can be done about it unless the team sits back and defends with everyone *and* gets a bit of luck.

Iirc, Madrid were doing well vs Barca a couple years ago in a CL game and then Pepe got a red and that changed the game to Barca's benefit.
Agree pretty much with this which is why I was even more impressed that United kept it up despite being down with ten men against us. I seriously believe we would have lost had we not had Lopez that night.

FootballFan

So...Madridistas, I'm just wondering, so if Nani's send off was okay and he was the fool, what is your opinion on the Pepe red card in the CL semis against Alves?

In case anyone doesn't remember what game, this game:

imMgMOxA9sG7V.gif

(dat gifcam lol)

So...Madridistas, I'm just wondering, so if Nani's send off was okay and he was the fool, what is your opinion on the Pepe red card in the CL semis against Alves?

imMgMOxA9sG7V.gif

(dat gifcam lol)

I don't think Pepe touched Alves, but it was a dangerous play and a legit red card.

K1LLER7

Agree pretty much with this which is why I was even more impressed that United kept it up despite being down with ten men against us. I seriously believe we would have lost had we not had Lopez that night.
Dem RVP chances at the Bernabeu :(

Lopez was amazing. Some of his saves this season :O
Good job for Mou your Back-up keeper is better than most 1st choice keepers lol :)

it was a legit red bruh.
There's no consistancy with refs. Iirc Dante did something similar and all he got was a word from the ref. Sometimes people get yellows, sometimes they get reds and then sometimes they get nothing.

Dark Rider

no being trophy less after spending 80 million on players

nothing new to learn since you already do that regularly, just learn to accept it

yet we have more trophies than MU :)
if MU needs money please call Perez he might spare you some :p
City refusing to help their neighbors I see :p

Jog back to the little playpen domestic league set up for you to be Barcelona's puta

a brand NEW Barcelona fan? welcome to La Liga man :)
I wouldn't blame you supporting Barcelona after your team failed to do the job against RM

Clegg

Betting has been suspended on Strootz to United. That obv doesn't mean he's 100% nailed on to sign for us. But I'm hopeful he will.

Clegg

There's no consistancy with refs. Iirc Dante did something similar and all he got was a word from the ref. Sometimes people get yellows, sometimes they get reds and then sometimes they get nothing.
That was Martinez.

It was an even worse high challenge than Nani's but he didn't even get a yellow for it.

Suen

imMgMOxA9sG7V.gif

(dat gifcam lol)
He didn't even touch him but we all know Cuntalona is a world-class team in theatrics so we ended up with a red anyway. Questionable red card only because Pepe didn't touch him but it was dangerous play and perhaps quite hard for the ref to see that Pepe didn't touch Alves so he had it coming. Frustrating but not an absolute insane decision.

Lunchbox

Banned
if MU needs money please call Perez he might spare you some :p

champions of england dont call second place trophy less clubs

your shit club will be calling us this summer to take that fat scouser off our hands though. so you can remain in mediocrity and become the liverpool of spain while we keep winning with your money

mfYN93b.jpg

K1LLER7

That was Martinez.

It was an even worse high challenge than Nani's but he didn't even get a yellow for it.
:(

Hoping we get a decision go our way in the CL next season. PL is sorted. Webb and Clatters are on a long term contract.

Moysey get those refs in order!!!

Suen

Dem RVP chances at the Bernabeu :(

Lopez was amazing. Some of his saves this season :O
Good job for Mou your Back-up keeper is better than most 1st choice keepers lol :)

I thought we were fucked when Casillas got injured, Mou did a great job at getting Lopez. Atletico would probably have been comfortably ahead of us in the league if we didn't have Lopez :lol.

flippedb

Banned

your shit club will be calling us this summer to take that fat scouser off our hands though. so you can remain in mediocrity and become the liverpool of spain while we keep winning with your money

mfYN93b.jpg

you're killing the junior, man.

I thought we were fucked when Casillas got injured, Mou did a great job at getting Lopez. Atletico would probably have been comfortably ahead of us in the league if we didn't have Lopez :lol.

I think I was more pissed with the game we lost to Atletico than the game we lost with Dortmund.

If we defeated Dortmund, bayern would have won anyway. We're their bitch

Dark Rider

mfYN93b.jpg

we give generous hand outs that your team live off through out the years that is for sure :p
it must be hard seeing your best players go to the better team one after another, I feel you bro
Liverpool? at least they have 5 CL trophies ;)

Suen

I think I was more pissed with the game we lost to Atletico than the game we lost with Dortmund.

If we defeated Dortmund, bayern would have won anyway. We're their bitch
But then Mou could claim that he made us reach the final after many years! I'm pretty sure we wouldn't have won against Bayern this season, no way.

The CDR final with Atletico showcased our entire season, what an embarrassment lol. It just confirmed for all the RM haters that our team is indeed a team full of cunts :p

K1LLER7

Maybe this will give Casillas a little push and make him realise that his place as No.1 may not be guaranteed....Lol He'll probably start most games anyway. Lopez deserves to play regularly though. He's too good to be a back-up keeper.

Chinese United shirt is coming my way with #14 ROB (My name is Robert)

I will feel so hip. 14 days to go
Dat Chicha #14.

Suen

What if Jupp is going to Barca and not Madrid? The meltdowns...

Maybe this will give Casillas a little push and make him realise that his place as No.1 may not be guaranteed....Lol He'll probably start most games anyway. Lopez deserves to play regularly though. He's too good to be a back-up keeper.

Dat Chicha #14.
The entire team need a good push in the right direction that says that fame does not come before experience and skills. The best ones should play but in Madrid the biggest names play. Casillas will retain his No.1 regardless of how well Lopez has performed next season (I'd love our new manager to show me being wrong on this) and just like you said he's too good to be a back-up keeper. Don't think he's going to be happy being a back-up so we'll probably sell him for a good amount of money.

Perez, Lopez to Arse pls.

Lunchbox

Banned
it must be hard seeing your best players go to the better team one after another, I feel you bro

seeing beckham, van nistelrooy, heinze and now ronnie suffer playing for the second place bitch team in spain does hurt a lot.

unlike madrid fans we actually care for our old players, so their careers being ruined almost spoils the joy of their replacements getting medals and golden boots

FfJUUph.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom