• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see De Gea saying he wants to stay at United.

Benteke to Liverpool reported in the papers this morning as well as Navas to City looking close to happening.

No, that's another terrible post. In typical FootballFan fashion you could flip everything in there, but to make it anti-Barcelona instead, and it would still make perfect sense.

The point-scoring is hilarious from a semi-neutral point of view.

LOTR spoiler:

Its like Gollum throwing himself into Mount Doom in his blinded attempt to take the ring

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Your comment isn't what I'm talking about but don't go too far with the comments about GoT without spoiler tags Andres, some people will get genuinely upset.

And thanks for calling my post about Madrid perfect, I agree.

It's amazing they have no debt and Spain is in shambles

Spam.jpg

D_prOdigy

I think it's clear that there's just no one who wants to live in Manchester, not even United supporters or footballers getting paid fortunes to be there.

I never want to leave.

Sometimes I want to leave.

But fuck you.

You don't know shit, you soft, uncultured cunt.

any1 wanna hang out @ urbis?

Suen

Thanks man. Yeah we can forget about Rooney or Fabregas. Rooney I don't really want but Fabregas would be aweesome.

If we get a competitive team I'll be happy. Looks like Cesar is nailed on to join us.
Quality transfer right there. Might as well have thrown money on getting someone as old as Di Natale to join us, at least he'd be more worth it.

Lightning

Banned
Quality transfer right there. Might as well have thrown money on getting someone as old as Di Natale to join us, at least he'd be more worth it.
Julio Cesar is an okay keeper though but now it should be the last chance for Szczesny to kick on and develop more. Szczesny is only 23 years of age and has enormous potential. Just hasn't kicked on this season like I'd hoped but a Mignolet or Begovic signing would have ended his Arsenal career which would have been a shame.

I really want him to succeed. Such an awesome character to have around the team.

I personally would have signed Mignolet though because I want us to win so GAF can shut the fuck up about trophies. Lol

Suen

Julio Cesar is an okay keeper though but now it should be the last chance for Szczesny to kick on and develop more. Szczesny is only 23 years of age and has enormous potential. Just hasn't kicked on this season like I'd hoped but a Mignolet or Begovic signing would have ended his Arsenal career which would have been a shame.

I really want him to succeed. Such an awesome character to have around the team.

I personally would have signed Mignolet though because I want us to win so GAF can shut the fuck up about trophies. Lol
He's better than what we have for sure but not that top GK I wanted. I want a bunch of quality players because I want the club to be attractive....we won't be attractive if we never win anything. Hope Szczesny will improve next season.

#SzczesnyNextNeuer

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

babyaguirre2lpey.gif

Cesar to Arsenal is a funny one. No doubt he's a decent keeper but TBH I don't think he's better than Chesney. I guess Wenger wants genuine competition, but if Chesney wins the duel and Cesar gets benched is he going to behave himself? He seems like a dick to me.

Some Kicker news:
- Bayern bid 30m for Lars Bender, Leverkusen said no and then Bayern spent 40m on Martinez lol
- de Bruyne wants to join BVB
- Piszczek could be out for 155 days :(, that's how long it took the last time
- watch out Wes, Zorc was at the Chelsea-Villa match only to look at Benteke

“I want to stay at Juventus,” the 27-year-old told Tuttosport on Monday. “I would like to continue battling for and winning with the club in which I grew up in.”

Club has said they won't sell him unless he wants to be sold. He has said he wants to stay. Il Principino has spoken. End of discussion.

Tobinishi

Already bored without football and all the gossip during transfer time.

Cesar-story:

As an Arsenal fan i would welcome Cesar with open arms - much needed competion for Sczesny but not young enough to drive him out of the club, because i think he can be a top keeper for years to come.

My wishlist:

• A top striker who will deliver immediately
  • A young talented striker (Sanogo seems a done deal)
  • a winger, if Gervinho leaves (hopefully)
  • a strong, powerful CDM to give us more options in midfield
  • a good 1st choice/backup keeper

Lightning

Banned
Cesar to Arsenal is a funny one. No doubt he's a decent keeper but TBH I don't think he's better than Chesney. I guess Wenger wants genuine competition, but if Chesney wins the duel and Cesar gets benched is he going to behave himself? He seems like a dick to me.
The rumoured length of the deal is only 2 years and Cesar will only get 60k less than what he got at QPR.

The issue is Szczesny wants to be the no1 for Poland and Cesar wants to be the first choice for Brazil so both need to be playing. That's why I don't understand why Cesar agreed to take a pay cut to come to Arsenal where Wenger's fondness of Szczesny is likely to factor into his team selections.

Wenger seems to be using Cesar as a pawn to give Szczesny a kick up the backside.

Some Kicker news:
- Bayern bid 30m for Lars Bender, Leverkusen said no and then Bayern spent 40m on Martinez lol
- de Bruyne wants to join BVB
- Piszczek could be out for 155 days :(, that's how long it took the last time
- watch out Wes, Zorc was at the Chelsea-Villa match only to look at Benteke
Leverkusen rejected a 30m bif for Lars Bender? Bloody hell. I wanted him at Arsenal but that price is too high.

deGod

The sun says that deGea is staying and it's funny that the paper said "he has suffered fierce and unwarranted criticism"

As far as I remember they were one of the driving forces behind the criticism.

cunts

He's been great this season, I hope he'll be able to come back. I think he still lacks the incredible consistency Lahm has shown this season (who I think didn't get a yellow card all season in the Bundesliga), but he could get there. It's still a long way though, Lahm is after all one of the greatest defenders of all time, at least he's proven himself in the past few years.

He obvioulsy lacked consistency this season, that's hardly surprising considering he was injured pretty much since the start. He was amazing the whole 11/12 and most of the 10/11 season.

Kenka

Bundesliga teams, if Schalke qualifies for the CL, will be most probably be split in tops 1, 2, 3 and 4 respectively. That promises a lot for the CL group phase.

http://www.sportal.de/champions-lea...-leverkusen-in-3-oder-4-1-2013060327602100000

Death group to occur again. By the way, Dortmund will be in top 3 only so there must be a handful of teams that are wetting their pants as we talk. I can imagine something like

Manchester United
Atlético Madrid
Borussia Dortmund
SSC Napoli

Real Madrid
Paris SG
Galatasaray
Schalke 04

This season will really be exciting anyway. Also, Portuguese friends, both Benfica and Porto are in top 1 ! Congrats !

Laudrups agent on Ajax.

"It's not a big surprise that they behave like this because they have shown they are a small club.
"We are angry because Michael does not owe them any money. I feel pity for them."

:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom