• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Good shit. I welcome return of Mou.

FOURFOURTWO'S SERIE A TEAM OF THE SEASON

Marchetti; Marquinhos, Barzagli, Chiellini; Cerci, Vidal, Valero, Hamsik; Totti; Di Natale, Cavani

Good team that. Maybe Cuadrado instead of Cerci.

confuziz

Banned
thijsslegers ‏@thijsslegers 10m

#strootman en zijn zaakwaarnemer moeten lachen om alle commotie in Engeland. Geen sprake van contact met ManUtd

#Strootman and his agent are laughing about all the commotion in England. There is no contact with United.

I hope I didn't destroy your dreams guys =P. It could still happen ofcourse, but not for now.

deroli

2se2dUj.png

2018 without a release clause.

Yeah :D

Mhhhhh Kuba you sexy motherfucker. Great news definitely. But fuck those release clauses. I was stunned when I heard about Kuba's clause. I unterstand that they were neccesary to sign Reus and to "extend" MG's contract. But giving Kuba a release clause of 15M, just when we defended our league title, is absolute madness. Especially after Sahin left and Watkze said there won't be any in the new contracts. Sometimes it's better to be silent than to raise false hopes.

Now extend Gündogan's contract pls.

Fady K

Hamdullilah :') :') :') Best football news for me since I became a footy fan. I just love him. I still can't believe this.

Please don't fire him again Abramovich :'(

Randdalf

Would cost £925 if you wanted to train for a UEFA B License, all it is a 16 day training course essentially. £3000+ if you wanted a UEFA A License, a 13 day course. You need access to an 11 man team of players to get the A License. £7000+ if you wanted a UEFA Pro License.

edit: Mourinho vs Pep, Chelsea vs Bayern, The UEFA Super Cup

Wilbur

Banned
Would cost £925 if you wanted to train for a UEFA B License, all it is a 16 day training course essentially. £3000+ if you wanted a UEFA A License, a 13 day course. You need access to an 11 man team of players to get the A License. £7000+ if you wanted a UEFA Pro License.

edit: Mourinho vs Pep, Chelsea vs Bayern, The UEFA Super Cup

Cost me 150 quid to do a 5 day FA Level One course innit

Wilbur

Banned
Nice to see Mou back in the Prem.

Hope he doesn't go back to boring clanky 1-0 football though. Oh well.

Bit of a myth I think. They weren't a stunning team to watch in his second season, but the 2004/05 team is still one of the very best I've seen. Makelele at the base, Robben and Duff wide, Lampard behind Gudjohnsen and Drogba. And then that second title was the first team aside from us to retain a title, so the more conservative style is understandable.

I started noticing them from the mid 2000s and became a fan after watching them with my brother (he is the reason I got into Chelsea - and club football - back then) in the fall of 2010.

Oh so you managed to watch last years CL final and semi live? For some reason YouTube suggested I watch those.

Completely forgot how well Chelsea did in the last 3 matches. I was rooting for them in the semi and final. Felt like rooting for a club to clean the CL from dirty teams like Barca and Bayern ;)

Tc91

Hamdullilah :') :') :') Best football news for me since I became a footy fan. I just love him. I still can't believe this.

Please don't fire him again Abramovich :'(

I think this is a common misconception :p I don't believe he was sacked.

"Chelsea open letter to fans, 20/09/2007: "Early this morning Chelsea and Jose Mourinho had agreed to part company by mutual consent.

The key phrase here is that there was mutual agreement. Jose did not resign and he was not sacked.

He will always be welcome at Stamford Bridge, whether as the guest of Chelsea or as the manager of another club."

Are fans of other teams not a little scared of Chelsea now they have him back? He's the only manager to really rattle Fergie, do you not think he's going to dominate the PL?

Wilbur

Banned

Are fans of other teams not a little scared of Chelsea now they have him back? He's the only manager to really rattle Fergie, do you not think he's going to dominate the PL?

I think they'll win the league.

L1NETT

Bit of a myth I think. They weren't a stunning team to watch in his second season, but the 2004/05 team is still one of the very best I've seen. Makelele at the base, Robben and Duff wide, Lampard behind Gudjohnsen and Drogba. And then that second title was the first team aside from us to retain a title, so the more conservative style is understandable.

That team was the master of the 1-0 from what I remember. They used to love killing games off around the 70 minutes mark. They may have had some good players, but they still played dull footy. Sure they won stuff, but man were they booooring.

But in comparison to Mancini's and Rafa's snoozeball I hope both Chelsea and City start playing some better stuff.

Fady K

MOURINHO AND YENROT RETURN ON THE SAME DAY. TOO MUCH.

The only sad thing about today is DC89's ban :(!! #FREEDC

Oh so you managed to watch last years CL final and semi live? For some reason YouTube suggested I watch those.

Completely forgot how well Chelsea did in the last 3 matches. I was rooting for them in the semi and final. Felt like rooting for a club to clean the CL from dirty teams like Barca and Bayern ;)

Oh definitely bro! My first Chelsea match was the home game to Aston Villa in the 10/11 season, ended in 3-3. I fell in love with club football that season!

So Mourinho vs Guardiola in the supercup :0

I know, I know :( I meant Abramovich played a big part in the dispute :[

D_prOdigy

thijsslegers ‏@thijsslegers 10m

#strootman en zijn zaakwaarnemer moeten lachen om alle commotie in Engeland. Geen sprake van contact met ManUtd

#Strootman and his agent are laughing about all the commotion in England. There is no contact with United.

I hope I didn't destroy your dreams guys =P. It could still happen ofcourse, but not for now.

You'd be gutted if interest in Strootman just fizzled out and no-one ultimately wanted him.

Admit it.

Wilbur

Banned
Chelsea will only win the PL if they buy 1 or 2 quality players (like Cavani/Isco).

I think they've got a solid defence and keeper, and three fantastic attackers and don't even need Isco, but they certainly need someone to play behind them. At the moment they don't have any good dedicated players like a Lucas or Sandro; they have a converted central defender, a 34 year old who only does good work in the box, Ramires who has no positional sense, and then fucking Mikel.

And of course ship out Torres and have Lukaku come in alongside a top class striker.

GoT last episode

I didn't expect Edmure wife to be that pretty. Properly thought she was going to be ugly, I do feel bad for the other daughters. They purposely looked for ugly girls, how strange

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom