• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

kharma45

Hahahahahaha

The book thread or the other thread?

I'm presuming the no-book thread but I'm not looking as I don't want spoiled :lol

He got banned for mentioning the books when one of the mods specifically said not to mention the books in any capacity. He didn't actually post any spoilers.

hahaha what a bell end. I'm scared to go into any of the GoT threads, even the one where it's in the title that there is absolutely no mention of the books at all as people still talk about them and fucking cunts come in and 'speculate' by posting spoilers.

GorillaJu

Im still in shock. What an episode, I can't believe it, im not even sure how to begin processing that...

Also, welcome back Special One.

Me neither. I felt like a kid watching an "adult" movie where a character dies and just instantly thinking of all the different ways it could be not real/never have happened or that the character would come back to life. I just can't even think of anything to say. That's the biggest punch in the throat I've ever felt from a movie or TV show.

It's simply numbing. And my friend wants me to bring this ep to the hospital to watch it together. I don't want to watch this again ;_;

^no book spoilers above, just thoughts on the latest ep.

I think this is a common misconception :p I don't believe he was sacked.

Are fans of other teams not a little scared of Chelsea now they have him back? He's the only manager to really rattle Fergie, do you not think he's going to dominate the PL?

Wenger did a better job of rattling Fergie than Mou ever did. They never got on as well off the pitch as a result.

Looking forward to it to be honest. This season was a cake walk and prem teams Euro ambitions have been affected in recent years also. I'll welcome back the days of 3 horse races and 3 CL semi finalists with open arms.
Bring on the Moyes dynasty :)

Tc91

hahaha what a bell end. I'm scared to go into any of the GoT threads, even the one where it's in the title that there is absolutely no mention of the books at all as people still talk about them and fucking cunts come in and 'speculate' by posting spoilers.

Yeah I'm staying way fucking clear on them shit threads. I've already had a book 5 spoiler thrown my way -_______-

bud

How many games have you seen him play (for PSV that is)?

many.

psv's midfield didn't really work this season, so you might say it's because of that, but i'm just not that impressed with him. he doesn't really add much to the dutch starting eleven either. he mostly just has a big mouth and continuously asks for the opponent to be booked.

confuziz

Banned
many.

psv's midfield didn't really work this season, so you might say it's because of that, but i'm just not that impressed with him. he doesn't really add much to the dutch starting eleven either. he mostly just has a big mouth and continuously asks for the opponent to be booked.

how many is many? I just don't believe you, at all. If you actually paid any attention to him you would have noticed he has grown a lot this season and he delivers in pretty much every match (perhaps not vs Ajax).

Basically, Strootman and van Bommel were surrounded by idiots and he still got to his normal level.

He hasn't played that much in the dutch team. Van Bommel wasn't that brilliant in the dutch team as well in the early 00's.

Me neither. I felt like a kid watching an "adult" movie where a character dies and just instantly thinking of all the different ways it could be not real/never have happened or that the character would come back to life. I just can't even think of anything to say. That's the biggest punch in the throat I've ever felt from a movie or TV show.

It's simply numbing. And my friend wants me to bring this ep to the hospital to watch it together. I don't want to watch this again ;_;

^no book spoilers above, just thoughts on the latest ep.

Yeh I feel the same, killing off 2 main characters (plus wife and child) is such a big thing, I really wasn't expecting it to happen. A part of me wonders where the show will go now, Daenerys going to make a play for Westeros sooner than anticipated? Obviously new characters will be in too but having been there since the start I was quite attached to the Starks...

Its making me really want to read the books...

More thoughts on the episode, no book stuff either.

Wilbur

Banned
I think we will. Clean out the oldies, recruit in the middle, get the flanks working. Fucking boom.

A myth perpetually set up to ruin my life.

That team was the master of the 1-0 from what I remember. They used to love killing games off around the 70 minutes mark. They may have had some good players, but they still played dull footy. Sure they won stuff, but man were they booooring.

But in comparison to Mancini's and Rafa's snoozeball I hope both Chelsea and City start playing some better stuff.

That was 05/06. 04/05 scored four every fucking week lol.

Carlo's Chelsea were good to watch as well, won 8-0 every week.

Meier

Where did you see it? I made it lol

It's really fucking brilliant. Nice job, Wooden.

I'm enjoying reading the Game of Thrones reactions but some are so visceral that I just feel really bad for people. :( They really did a fantastic job of portraying it.

Yeh I feel the same, killing off 2 main characters (plus wife and child) is such a big thing, I really wasn't expecting it to happen. A part of me wonders where the show will go now, Daenerys going to make a play for Westeros sooner than anticipated? Obviously new characters will be in too but having been there since the start I was quite attached to the Starks...

Its making me really want to read the books...

More thoughts on the episode, no book stuff either.

It's making me not want to watch the show tbh, those were my favourite characters. I don't know where they will go from here. Not having read the books I just wonder if we'll get anything even remotely as good as Rob Stark

bud

many is many, dude. why would i make this up? he doesn't deliver in big matches (he's been mostly absent in games against not only ajax but feyenoord as well). he keeps going for ninety minutes, i'll give you that, but if you look at his passing and interceptions, it's not really impressive.

and he's a massive cunt. the most unlikable footballer i've seen since in a long time. at least pepe occasionally makes me laugh.

this is strootman in most games:

gMSZT98.png

confuziz

Banned
many is many, dude. why would i make this up? he doesn't deliver in big matches (he's been mostly absent in games against not only ajax but feyenoord as well). he keeps going for ninety minutes, i'll give you that, but if you look at his passing and interceptions, it's not really impressive.

and he's a massive cunt. the most unlikable footballer i've seen since in a long time. at least pepe occasionally makes me laugh.

this is strootman in most games:

gMSZT98.png

I call that willpower and the spirit to win every game.

It doesn't matter. If United get him, they have gold in their hands. Of that I'm sure.

bud

I call that willpower and the spirit to win every game.

It doesn't matter. If United get him, they have gold in their hands. Of that I'm sure.

he should use that willpower and spirit to put in better performances rather than bitching to the refs at every opportunity.

Slizz

I can't believe how
pissed people were at that
GoT episode lol.

I haven't read the books but the show itself did a pretty good job foreshadowing
wtf was going to happen for the most part.

EDIT:
Also the warrior pimp dude that Khaleesi likes,
could totally play Vega in a SF movie.

GorillaJu

It's making me annoyed and bumped out more than wanting to cry, it's a huge turn off for me towards the show. Now I have no one to root for

I feel the same way, except now I just want the whole fucking world to burn. I feel beaten up and sad. I don't even feel like watching the show. But now I feel like nobody on that whole fucking continent deserves to live - the only characters who aren't self-serving bastards are all being murdered brutally.

I want Brand, the Hound and Arya to get hidden from everything while the white walkers eat everything alive, then Khaleesi comes in and sets the whole fucking world on fire and becomes queen.

GRRM Pls

^no book stuff.

qindarka

Banned
Apparently this is the first time Abramovich has given a 4 year contract to a new manager. Hope he has a bit of patience this time.

Slizz

I feel the same way, except now I just want the whole fucking world to burn. I feel beaten up and sad. I don't even feel like watching the show. But now I feel like nobody on that whole fucking continent deserves to live - the only characters who aren't self-serving bastards are all being murdered brutally.

I want Brand, the Hound and Arya to get hidden from everything while the white walkers eat everything alive, then Khaleesi comes in and sets the whole fucking world on fire and becomes queen.

GRRM Pls

^no book stuff.

You gotta remember what the story is actually about from the beginning. A bunch of different people from all over an area battling for 1 throne. Shit was bound to happen like that.

GorillaJu

Apparently this is the first time Abramovich has given a 4 year contract to a new manager. Hope he has a bit of patience this time.

Call me crazy but I think the one with something to prove is Mourinho. Has he ever lasted more than two years as manager before the dressing room falls apart?

You gotta remember what the story is actually about from the beginning. A bunch of different people all over an area battling for 1 throne. Shit was bound to happen like that.

Yeah but I wanted ROBB to win!

Meier

http://i.imgur.com/b3FLDJV.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Bale is in great shape but the dude must have a pretty tiny dick to be able to wear swim shorts that short. Honestly, I think most guys would be nervous about getting exposed (not necessarily dangling out the bottom, but them riding up when you sit, etc.)

p.s. Pouring one out for dc. Would be awesome if Pellegrini, Navas and Isco were announced within the next day or two. Was hoping Navas would be a bit cheaper due to Sevilla's financial problems but it'll be fun to see a true winger on the team.

qindarka

Banned
Call me crazy but I think the one with something to prove is Mourinho. Has he ever lasted more than two years as manager before the dressing room falls apart?

[/spoiler]

It's only at Real Madrid where he lost the dressing room. Him leaving Chelsea was mostly down to the breakdown of his relationship with Abramovich.

Wilbur

Banned

3 at Chelsea, left in his fourth year.

But yeah you're right, needs to prove himself all over again. Can't just expect success, needs to combat massive expectation, questions over whether he lost something at Madrid, make them successful in Europe... he's got a job on his hands.

We're back to not knowing who the fuck United are interested in signing.

Last summer was just an aberration.

Fellaini and/or Strootman will be our only purchase. Don't think we need much more tbh even if Rooney goes, but that's assuming we play the line up and formation I want.

Feorax

Fellaini and/or Strootman will be our only purchase. Don't think we need much more tbh even if Rooney goes, but that's assuming we play the line up and formation I want.

Will Zaha be enough for the flanks? Young, Nani and Valencia all failed to produce last year, and players like Mirallas and Pienaar were extremely important to Moyes success in the season just gone.

operon

Best to not post anything Got related, some of us have to wait to later to get watching it. People have already been banned so its not worth it. For instance we won't hear any official City news for a month without dc

GRRM Pls

^no book stuff.

This is pretty much it, I don't care for anyone in the show or anything. Robb seemed to be the least self-centered even if he didn't marry the one he promised to. He was mostly fighting for his honor. Now there's no one to take that role from him, It was hard enough seeing Ned die and Robb filled his shoes fine. This might be the best plot twist ever or the end of GoT for me. At least that's how I feel at the moment

Heh, yeah. Pretty much.

Wilbur

Banned
Will Zaha be enough for the flanks? Young, Nani and Valencia all failed to produce last year, and that players like Mirallas and Pienaar were extremely important to Moyes success in the season just gone.

Yeah you're probably right, but just the fact that - and I don't mean that it's an incredible indicator of quality - he won't have defenders doubling up on him like he has at Championship level might help.

Realistically we know that Valencia and Kagawa will be wide, Carrick and Fellaini will be centre. It's an improvement on what we have now I suppose, can't see much changing.

justjohn

This time he knows what mourinho is capable of, so im guessing he'll be more patient when results start going wrong. It'll also depend on if mourinho wants to stay for four years especially when the man utd job becomes available. ( which it will very soon)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom