• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

I never knew you could just click on spoiler untext to display it all. For all these years I've been dragging my cursor over it.

Here's what our very own FF looks like:

enhanced-buzz-21639-1366743976-0.jpg

This picture is insanely creepy

It's making me annoyed and bumped out more than wanting to cry, it's a huge turn off for me towards the show. Now I have no one to root for

This is pretty much it, I don't care for anyone in the show or anything. Robb seemed to be the least self-centered even if he didn't marry the one he promised to. He was mostly fighting for his honor. Now there's no one to take that role from him, It was hard enough seeing Ned die and Robb filled his shoes fine. This might be the best plot twist ever or the end of GoT for me. At least that's how I feel at the moment

Heh, yeah. Pretty much.

robb is a stupid cunt! he wasn't even honorable. he just followed his penis and made shitty decisions.

you should root for arya and daenarys! and jon snow. and tyrion! lol how can you say there is no one to root for. even jaime has been pretty awesome lately.

qindarka

Banned
Torres is packing his bags and looking for houses for sale in Madrid as we speak.

The main concern is that he wouldn't want to leave since he is being paid a lot more than he is worth. Mourinho can't do anything to force him out when he still has 3 years left on his contract.

Wilbur

Banned
So Chelsea's squad at the moment:

Cech, Turnbull, Hilario, Courtois - so I'm assuming Courtois goes on loan again next season and the keepers stay the same. Maybe Hilario leaves and Blackman comes in.

Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Chalobah, Terry, Cahill, Luiz, Cole, Ferreira, Bertrand, Bruma, van Aanholt - the latter two will probably go on loan again, Ferreira will probably leave, and Bertrand isn't the greatest left back replacement but he's solid, and the rest are good.

Mikel, Ramires, Romeu, Essien, Lampard, McEachran, Ake - all of these plus Chalobah and Luiz can play in the 2 in Mou's favoured formation. Some promising youngsters there, but no one amazing. They definitely need a replacement here.

Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Moses, Schurrle, Piazon, Kakuta, Benayoun - assuming KDB leaves and Schurrle replaces him, I can't see Kakuta and Benayoun staying, and we already know Malouda is on his way out. Maybe Marin as well. But Schurrle, Oscar, Mata, Hazard and Moses are great choices for three spots.

Torres, Ba, Lukaku - the problem here is that I think Lukaku would be fine with being second choice striker, but Ba and Torres won't be happy with second or third. And assuming they want to bring in someone like Cavani/Gomez, one of these strikers is going to have to be fourth choice.

qindarka

Banned
I would want in order of priority, a very good central midfielder, an elite striker, another wide attacking player and maybe a new centre back. If we can't get an elite striker, I would like to see them just give Lukaku a chance.

So Chelsea's squad at the moment:

Cech, Turnbull, Hilario, Courtois - so I'm assuming Courtois goes on loan again next season and the keepers stay the same. Maybe Hilario leaves and Blackman comes in.

Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Chalobah, Terry, Cahill, Luiz, Cole, Ferreira, Bertrand, Bruma, van Aanholt - the latter two will probably go on loan again, Ferreira will probably leave, and Bertrand isn't the greatest left back replacement but he's solid, and the rest are good.

Mikel, Ramires, Romeu, Essien, Lampard, McEachran, Ake - all of these plus Chalobah and Luiz can play in the 2 in Mou's favoured formation. Some promising youngsters there, but no one amazing. They definitely need a replacement here.

Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Moses, Schurrle, Piazon, Kakuta, Benayoun - assuming KDB leaves and Schurrle replaces him, I can't see Kakuta and Benayoun staying, and we already know Malouda is on his way out. Maybe Marin as well. But Schurrle, Oscar, Mata, Hazard and Moses are great choices for three spots.

Torres, Ba, Lukaku - the problem here is that I think Lukaku would be fine with being second choice striker, but Ba and Torres won't be happy with second or third. And assuming they want to bring in someone like Cavani/Gomez, one of these strikers is going to have to be fourth choice.

Hilario and Turdbull are both out of contract as far as I know, as are Ferreira, Benayoun and Malouda. Blackman isn't particularly highly rated either I don't think.

Bruma/Van Aanholt/Kakuta will not be anywhere near the first team. Marin will go (either or loan or sold), McEachran I personally think will be loaned again,

GQman2121

Banned
The main concern is that he wouldn't want to leave since he is being paid a lot more than he is worth. Mourinho can't do anything to force him out when he still has 3 years left on his contract.

He could give him the Shevchenko treatment and just ignore him. Or sparingly use him in Cup games or something.

I really believe he's going to see Lukaku in person and realize what he has to work with. At least I hope so.

I also don't want KDB to go out on loan. He's capable of playing CMF. I know he's played more forward or out on the wing for the national team, but he can do the same job as Ramires if coached properly.

So:
Sahin leaves -> injured
Kagawa leaves -> shinjured
Barrios leaves -> injured
Perisic leaves -> injured
Götze leaves -> injured

Bad luck or coincidence you say, but is it?

NPvxwFhl.jpg
4qaw5Scl.jpg

GQman2121

Banned
I keep forgetting about McEachran and Piazon. Yes, loan them out, send Marin his things in the post, and keep KDB with the squad. I don't want Mata and Hazard playing so many minutes if they don't have too.

Zabojnik

I wish we would leave Jovetic and Higuain alone and sign Berardi, Cuadrado, Draxler and Mkhitaryan. With players like these, Llorente and Vucinic are more than enough. John Elkann, put 100M€ on the table for Juve, please.
Fuckkkk.

Clegg

I don't think Dracler is interested in leaving Schalke right now. And he'd be pretty expensive for a 19 year old too. At least £20m afaik.

GQman2121

Banned
Gaming sidebar: I can't believe in exactly one weeks time we're all going to have an idea if we want to get XBoned or not; see the ps4 and potential bundles they're going to offer; have Last Guardian break our hearts again.

I hope Nintendo pull the rug out from all of us too.

I really should stop looking at anything on Twitter. Obsessed Celtic fans trying to link the phrase "We are the people" to the KKK, or something. I don't even.
and yes, I'm sure there's examples of similar weirdos on both sides :p

Gaming sidebar: I can't believe in exactly one weeks time we're all going to have an idea if we want to get XBoned or not; see the ps4 and potential bundles they're going to offer; have Last Guardian break our hearts again.

I hope Nintendo pull the rug out from all of us too.

They'll show Zelda, Mario and Super Smash Bros. The Mario one will be the only one which tries something new, yet people will wank themselves silly over all of them as though they're revolutionary works of high art.

They'll show Zelda, Mario and Super Smash Bros. The Mario one will be the only one which tries something new, yet people will wank themselves silly over all of them as though they're revolutionary works of high art.

At least with the Gamepad there's at least some possibility of trying something new, which I think they'll do to try to show they've at least got some advantage over PS4/Xbox One. They'll probably mainly end up gimmicks that are rarely used, but it'd be nice to see something like the Mario U platform building thing.

Slizz

Miami won't be able to fill in the seats. Beckham will learn this in time.

Don't stomp on my dream. I can see 17k season long attendance happening. Which would be quite high.

Of course a decent product needs to be put out there.

We get 45K for shit international friendlies and 60-70K for good club friendlies.

EDIT: And our NASL team has decent attendance as well, especially with the shitty location its at.

GQman2121

Banned
By rug out from under us, I meant like something so far out of left field that no one will even believe it.

For their sake, they better have Zelda, SSB and a new Mario. The latter of which is the only one I personally would care about.

GQman2121

Banned
Don't stomp on my dream. I can see 17k season long attendance happening. Which would be quite high.

Of course a decent product needs to be put out there.

We get 45K for shit international friendlies and 60-70K for good club friendlies.

Name the club The Miami Pitbulls and have Pitbull perform at every match. Dale!

By rug out from under us, I meant like something so far out of left field that no one will even believe it.

For their sake, they better have Zelda, SSB and a new Mario. The latter of which is the only one I personally would care about.

Vanquish 2 WiiU Exclusive!

What's that, the only people who care are a few dozen people on Neogaf? Ignore that, system seller!

Salvadora

You were the one who told us to buy Sony phones to support them, right? :p

Just wanted to drop by and hello.
Share a thought or two.
I was thinking earlier today how great the new season is going to be. Theres Mourinho back at Chel-ski. We got David Moyes at the helm of Man U. And it dawned on me, do you know who the real winners of the season will be?
The city of Liverpool :).
I hope they, Liverpool FC and Everton welcome David Moyes back to the Mid table with open arms :) ,Im pretty sure thats where he is taking Man U next season.
Hope everyone is having a great day!

I just watched a clip of Mourinhos interview with Chelsea TV

It goes something like....
'I met with Roman and the decision was made very quickly. He asked "Do you want to come back to Chelsea?" and I asked "Do you want me back at Chelsea?" and then the decision was made.'

I love this man :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom