• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I like how Mou doesn't even acknowledge Real Madrid, he will always be a culé. Nice job sabotaging RM from inside :bow

LegoArmo

Hey FUT players, this is my first year playing.. Dusan Basta is available for 18.5k but statistically he is only slightly better than Christian Maggio. I am tempted to buy him but his price seems to falling quite quickly. How much lower can I expect a TOTS card to even go?

http://www.futhead.com/fifa/players/13550/

I don't think he's worth it really. The lowest you'll ever get him for will be around 12k, they discard for near 10k. And if you are going to buy him, I'd wait until Wednesday night.

http://www.futhead.com/fifa/players/1126/

Would be the best value for you in that position/league.

Pachimari

Carvajal is the best right back we could have gotten. He got a nice number of assists, 1 goal and he is the the right back with the 2nd most successful tackles in the 5 biggest European leagues.

Also, I'm starting to miss Mourinho. And I hate the Spanish press an Casillas' leaks and attitude.

Feorax

Media in Argentina says we've made a bid for Facundo Ferreyra.

I think it's going to be easier to make a list of players we aren't linked to in this transfer window...

Meier

I don't think he's worth it really. The lowest you'll ever get him for will be around 12k, they discard for near 10k. And if you are going to buy him, I'd wait until Wednesday night.

Why wait until Wednesday? Just because the price will continue to drop because that is the last day you can get one from a pack? I got the achievement for opening over 50 packs but have managed to get about 3 good cards (worth over 10k) in that entire series of packs.. so obnoxious. I don't really understand exactly what the work rate does that people discuss in the Futhead comments, but Bastra is high on attack and defense as opposed to High/Medium like Maggio.. I never use skill moves at all so him being a 2* doesn't affect me.

Media in Argentina says we've made a bid for Facundo Ferreyra

Great player in FM. I think we know that Liverpool's scouts are fans. :p Looks like he had a very nice season for Velez.

Koko

Banned
Hey FUT players, this is my first year playing.. Dusan Basta is available for 18.5k but statistically he is only slightly better than Christian Maggio. I am tempted to buy him but his price seems to falling quite quickly. How much lower can I expect a TOTS card to even go?

http://www.futhead.com/fifa/players/13550/

As Lego said if you are sure about buying him wait until wednesday morning before the Serie A TORS is out of packs.

LegoArmo

Why wait until Wednesday? Just because the price will continue to drop? Or because that is the last day you can get one from a pack? I got the achievement for opening over 50 packs but have managed to get about 3 good cards (worth over 10k) in that entire series of packs.. so obnoxious. I don't really understand exactly what the work rate does that people discuss in the Futhead comments, but Bastra is high on attack and defense as opposed to High/Medium like Maggio.. I never use skill moves at all so him being a 2* doesn't affect me.

Pepe has the same workrates, stats are almost as good, and 4 star weak foot, and skills. Plus he'd cost you 500 coins, not 18k.

Wednesday will be when there's most of him on the market, with everyone undercutting each other, could even try winning him on an open bid for just above discard value.

Never got anything good from packs either, made all my coins from trading.

w37fLsI.jpg

Feorax

Great player in FM. I think we know that Liverpool's scouts are fans. :p Looks like he had a very nice season for Velez.

Well that's still an improvement over whatever scouting system got us Carroll, Downing and Adam.

Is Matheus Biteco also a FM wonderkid? Cause apparently we're looking at him too...

Awesome name for someone that plays with Suarez btw.

EDIT: so much LFC transfer shit going on tonight. Andy Hunter from the Guardian saying we're ready to pay £22 million for Mkhitaryan.

Carbonox

Well that's still an improvement over whatever scouting system got us Carroll, Downing and Adam.

Is Matheus Biteco also a FM wonderkid? Cause apparently we're looking at him too...

Awesome name for someone that plays with Suarez btw.

BITECO & SUAREZ ORAL HYGIENE

LIVERTOOTHPASTE

I'm trademarking this shit ASAP before they do it.

Meier

Pepe has the same workrates, stats are almost as good, and 4 star weak foot, and skills. Plus he'd cost you 500 coins, not 18k.

What do you think about Ljajic versus Giovinco and El Shaaraway? Could get Ljajic for 22k.. I have both of those guys already. What exactly does the Work Rate do? Just affect there positioning when you're not controlling them basically?

EDIT: so much LFC transfer shit going on tonight. Andy Hunter from the Guardian saying we're ready to pay £22 million for Mkhitaryan.

Shakhtar won't sell Mkhitaryan for anything less than his release clause which is 30 million euros. And I would be dissapointed if Mkhitaryan went to Liverpool. He should go to a top team, not take a step down.

LegoArmo

What do you think about Ljajic versus Giovinco and El Shaaraway? Could get Ljajic for 22k.. I have both of those guys already. What exactly does the Work Rate do? Just affect there positioning when you're not controlling them basically?

El Shaarawy is one of my favourite players in the game. From my experience with TOTS cards they're not worth that much more than the regulars. Work rates basically just do that yeah, you'll find players with high defensive work rates helping out a lot more at the back and players with high attacking workrates (and low defensive) just drifting about up top. I like that, they're always there when you want to start a counter.

My team right now: http://i.imgur.com/kWPesOE.jpg

Koko

Banned

Yes that's how exactly they work and to me if it's really important especially for fullbacks and Left/Right Midfielders.

Meier

El Shaarawy is one of my favourite players in the game. From my experience with TOTS cards they're not worth that much more than the regulars. Work rates basically just do that yeah, you'll find players with high defensive work rates helping out a lot more at the back and players with high attacking workrates (and low defensive) just drifting about up top. I like that, they're always there when you want to start a counter.

Wow! How'd you make that many coins to afford those TOTS guys? :O I kinda want one just to have one haha. That's good to get a little better understanding of what the work rates do.

It's a bit weird, because Palacio is apparently Medium/Low compared to Maggio being High/Med but he actually seems to be far better in terms of being present on the right side in attack. Giovinco is mostly useless on the left.. I play with El Shaa as a ST sometimes and he is really great there as well.

LegoArmo

Fifa clubs?

Okay.

Wow! How'd you make that many coins to afford those TOTS guys? :O I kinda want one just to have one haha. That's good to get a little better understanding of what the work rates do.

It's a bit weird, because Palacio is apparently Medium/Low compared to Maggio being High/Med but he actually seems to be far better in terms of being present on the right side in attack. Giovinco is mostly useless on the left.. I play with El Shaa as a ST sometimes and he is really great there as well.

Medium defensive workrates will often pull a winger back too far, plus Palacio's default position is actually a right forward I think, so he's a lot more attacking in general.

Made about 100k from matches, then about 1.4m from trading. I overpaid for some of those players too, so now I don't wanna sell them.

Koko

Banned

I hate that Luiz is like a fucking Chinese Wall but very nice team in general.

I have two squads:

Ligue 1: http://i.imgur.com/YJ3xMVY.jpg

Serie A: http://i.imgur.com/gAOC0Zb.jpg

Waiting for either Lamela or Shaarawy to drop a little more to buy the two. Also I'll be putting Di Natale and Chiellieni instead of G. Rossi and Ogbonna respectivelyy.

Yen

God that's so incredibly creepy. I hope he's just taking the piss

'I call him that (daddy) because I see him as like a father. He took me to Chelsea and we have a very good relationship. I understand him very well,'

'I was in my hotel room yesterday and I had a call from my 'daddy' and he said he would love to have me here. It's been all very quick but I'm very happy.'

'Daddy knows me very well, he knows I can play in any position he wants me to, except goalkeeper.'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJfQ8DmCmmQ

WusFX9el.jpg

"Gettin' old :D great evening. Tired of all this hatin'"

Hahahaha, fuck off Mario

I'm not trying to hate (more than normally) but this guy started super-douche mode in the last year. Just as bad as Neymar.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
WusFX9el.jpg

"Gettin' old :D great evening. Tired of all this hatin'"

Hahahaha, fuck off Mario

I'm not trying to hate (more than normally) but this guy started super-douche mode in the last year. Just as bad as Neymar.

lol and people hate on Neymar, he looks like a grade A cunt.

Wes

venison crêpe
Hassan Bacho ‏@hassanbacho 4m
@tancredipalmeri So, what will you do when the transfer window closes? Strip for money??

Tancredi Palmeri @tancredipalmeri 1m
@hassanbacho did already 8 years ago, new challenges now

This guy is great.

Koko

Banned
You have a shitty ligue 1 team. FUck chedjou, Beria, and Yanga Mbiwa.

Why is Pastore on the right? He plays on the left...

Chedjou? Really Timerda? I thought you were better than those plastic fans. Pastore is there because his card is CAM and for his in-form he was change to RM. I don't select the positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom