• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

flippedb

Banned
how do you feel about this? i am quite happy. he is exactly the type of all-round midfielder we need to partner montolivo and de jong, and he still has plenty of room to grow. a massive improvement on nocerino/muntari.

in other news, tomorrow's CDS says allegri wants lavezzi. i can't see any scenario where we shell out the money necessary to sign him, though it's nice if allegri is really asking for players like this.

Pretty happy as well. Improving the midfield can't hurt, I just hope the deal goes through.

It was said yesterday that Allegri, Galliani and #GraziePresidente discussed the budget for signings and all that, maybe someone had some extra cash under the mattress?

Clegg

Ends up signing McCarthy from Wigan.

I think Mc Carthy is a good player. He's younger and better than Clev so he'd be a good addition to the squad. And as an Irishman I always like seeing Irish internationals at United.

But I'd still feel a bit disappointed if we ended up with him after being linked with all these superstars. Then I'd remember that he's a pretty good player in his own right.

Is anyone really surprised that Moyes making enquiries left and right? He must feel like a kid in a candy shop now that he actually has money to spend.

Raptor

So what's going on?

Is going to be Suarez or Cavani?

We need someone in front and fast if not we will end up with nothing at all.

Wes

venison crêpe
It'll be Suarez to Real Madrid. He's the cheaper option for them fo the two signings Perez has mentioned and Real are the only real option for him.

Clegg

If we're genuinely interested in Jovetic then it's definitely a transfer we could make.

His price tag isn't overly steep and he isn't quite on the unattainable list like Muller or Fabregas.

Raptor

Hell, get Chucho from America but get someone for fuck sakes!!1

:p

It'll be Suarez to Real Madrid. He's the cheaper option for them fo the two signings Perez has mentioned and Real are the only real option for him.

Nice, I hope this comes true!

Suen

In terms of quality players Suarez and Cavani are players we need

In terms of club image Suarez is not the player we need...

K1LLER7

Chicharito would be boss at any top team.

As long as he plays regularly, he'll get you 20+ goals a season.

But he's not for sale :p

Clegg

Clegg, you're going paranoid about this transfer window.

I don't think it's paranoia. Enthusiastic is probably a better word.

Paranoia would be saying something like "United are only being linked to all these great players to appease the fans."

Clegg

Chicharito would be boss at any top team.

As long as he plays regularly, he'll get you 20+ goals a season.

But he's not for sale :p

I think he's going to leave us eventually.

He's too good a goalscorer to be frequently left on the bench for United.

Batigol

Banned
BL2wcacCYAAo_Ww.png

Neymar's family and friends

his sister :drools

That entire front row

My word

Clegg

It'd probably be fairly close to the truth too :p

Don't say that :(

I'm reasonably hopeful we'll sign a quality player this summer. A few months ago SAF mentioned things were in place for a big signing to be made. Unless he was just saying that to appease the fans.

Now you've got me paranoid.

Rodvik did you catch my earlier post? We're in talks with the Bulgarian National team Captain, Ivelin Popov, too.

Kuban just sold one of their best players to Anzhi. It makes it significantly less likely that they'd want to part with Popov as well.

Salazar

I think we'll get quality.

We clearly have money to spend. There are clearly a fuckton of decent players floating around/approachable. We clearly have a bit of desire.

GorillaJu

^ gross. Lay off the make up and photoshop.

The Guardian reckons we're gonna pony up for Mkhitaryan. Cocks out, lotion at the ready. Just say the word, Brentan.

^ gross. Lay off the make up and photoshop.

The Guardian reckons we're gonna pony up for Mkhitaryan. Cocks out, lotion at the ready. Just say the word, Brentan.

Like I said earlier in the thread, Mkhitaryan's buyout clause is 30 million euros and I really doubt that Shakhtar will sell him for less. Would Liverpool really be willing to spend that much, and why would Mkhitaryan even want to go there? He surely would have better options.

GorillaJu

Like I said earlier in the thread, Mkhitaryan's buyout clause is 30 million euros and I really doubt that Shakhtar will sell him for less. Would Liverpool really be willing to spend that much, and why would Mkhitaryan even want to go there? He surely would have better options.

If a player is interested in moving, you can negotiate lower than the release clause stipulates. It happens quite often. Your second question is too dumb to address.

I've never head of Mkhitaryan before.

What kind of player is he?

Versatile attacking midfielder, does well defensively and always picks the right pass. Kind of like a Lampard or Gerrard.

sohois

I'm sure that this is just initial interest and will be enacted only if Suarez leaves, which would leave no issues of price. One would expect other teams to come in for him, but the reports suggest that Mkhitaryan has already indicated he is open to a move to Liverpool. The EPL is a powerful draw I suppose.

GorillaJu

I'm sure that this is just initial interest and will be enacted only if Suarez leaves, which would leave no issues of price. One would expect other teams to come in for him, but the reports suggest that Mkhitaryan has already indicated he is open to a move to Liverpool. The EPL is a powerful draw I suppose.

It also says that he's been being watched by Liverpool for a good while up till now and that the interest occurred before Suarez ran his gob in Uruguay.

If a player is interested in moving, you can negotiate lower than the release clause stipulates. It happens quite often. Your second question is too dumb to address.
Not with Shakhtar though. Just look at the Willian and Fernandinho cases. And Akhmetov doesn't need the money, he's richer than all the Russian oligarchs in football.

Interesting thanks. Hmm he seems keen to move to Villa though.

Well Kuban has always been a seller club but their coach said they want to keep the core of the team together this summer, especially since they qualified for Europe for the first time ever. Basically, Villa just needs to up their bid by a million or so and Kuban will fold like a cheap tent.

FootballFan

I want Neymar to succeed....

But then I don't because of FootballFan.

Neymar will succeed.

And I'll hate FF because he'll be fucking unbearable!

Yeah, I kinda like Neymar and I want him to succeed because football needs superstars, but mother of cthulhu, FF is too annoying and you just want to see everything he supports fail hard. I'm torn.

:lol you guys are cunts.

Pachimari

Florentino Perez has just said on Punto Pelota, that we are not going to exercise the release clause in Thiago's contract. We have also not received any offer for Higuaín by Juventus.

He goes on to say, that we have various offers for Diego Lopez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom