• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
I so bloody hope Roberto Martinez gets the Everton job. I really want him in the PL otherwise he could possibly disappear to Spain.

Upset me that Arsenal had to be the club that confirmed Wigan's relegation.

G-Unit

A lot of us have shit usernames, like G-Unit and myself.

Dafuq, mine is heaven sent(Actually I chose this one since the other 2 accounts I tried to create got rejected)

pd. No I don't have more than one accountç

But yeah HMM Arsenlol, I can't take you seriously with that name :p

Moyes United? I chuckle every time I think about it.

imK7VbtyLVoi9.gif

G-Unit

Coutinho doesn;t play for Liverpool, he plays for the world

Imagine Messi mixed with Ronaldo mixed with Ronaldo mixed with Zidane mixed with Pele mixed with Henderson, and a sprinkle of Kolo Toure on top. They'd still be shite compared to The Cout Machine

Clearly Liverpool fans are into some deep hidden never before seen type of marihuana.

Yeah, we get youngsters from you for pennys, sell them back for millions and throw in Alex Song for 15mil just for the lols

Vermaelen this season to Barca? He is desperate to be reunited with Song and Fabregas.

Keep the money, I'm happy with the titles :D

Lightning

Banned
Coutinho doesn;t play for Liverpool, he plays for the world
On a serious note. What's your view on Suarez, sell or no?

If I were a Liverpool fan I would hate it. You won't get someone of equal quality in return. I would want him kept, additions brought in, and go again to get that top 4 spot then let him go if he still wants it while with CL football you can attract better talent.

Keep the money, I'm happy with the titles :D
We would have titles too if you send Fabby back?????? Fuck Song though, do not want.

On a serious note. What's your view on Suarez, sell or no?

If I were a Liverpool fan I would hate it. You won't get someone of equal quality in return. I would want him kept, additions brought in, and go again to get that top 4 spot then let him go if he still wants it while with CL football you can attract better talent.

If he threatens to kick up a stink, sell him and let everyone know that he's not just a cunt on the pitch

If he's willing to stay for any length of time, keep him

He has 3 years left, and he knew that there was a high probability of us again failing to qualify for the CL last season. Tough titties.

There is no chance we'll replace him sufficiently without the draw or promise of CL football imo

Lightning

Banned
If he threatens to kick up a stink, sell him and let everyone know that he's not just a cunt on the pitch

If he's willing to stay for any length of time, keep him

He has 3 years left, and he knew that there was a high probability of us again failing to qualify for the CL last season. Tough titties.

There is no chance we'll replace him sufficiently without the draw or promise of CL football imo
That's the thing though. Liverpool stood by Suarez through 2 big suspensions now and all the other bullshit he brings throughout the season. He should be made to lump it for 1 more year, then get his move. Liverpool have made good progress and are now in a position to kick on. That will suffer a set back should Suarez depart.

Our interest in the Shaktar striker (£20m) would suggest that Suarez is already headed for Madrid.
You should be looking to buy him anyway with the Carroll money. I know the player, with that added quality in attack, keep Suarez sort out the defence and Liverpool will be a big threat to top 4 next year. Sell Suarez and you'll still give us something to think about but less so and your incoming player would need to hit the ground running which is hard.

Arsenal with hope will probably be more sadistic then the usual all the good players leaving. I'm keeping the faith, but.... I don't know why.
Anything we do over the summer can only benefit us unless we sell players again. But usually rumours are rich with players departing us by now but this summer there is nothing. Weak link of Bayern being interested in Koscielny and Wilshere but that's about it. Cardiff want Ramsey back, they're dreaming, but that's it. Now it's just waiting for additions.

Who cares about the chaff. They can either find themselves a club or rot. Don't care at this point.

bjaelke

You should be looking to buy him anyway with the Carroll money. I know the player, with that added quality in attack, keep Suarez sort out the defence and Liverpool will be a big threat to top 4 next year. Sell Suarez and you'll still give us something to think about but less so and your incoming player would need to hit the ground running which is hard.
Ideally we should keep him, yes. Suarez could show up on July 1st with YNWA inked on his front teeth and everything would be forgotten. But if he wants to leave then we should send him out the door as soon as possible. I'd appreciate if it didn't turn into a Rooney 2.0 saga.

Lightning

Banned
It does. Julio Cesar is free, lol.
No he's not. He has a 3 year deal with QPR still. If he comes, there will definitely be a transfer fee. I believe 4-5 mil was talked about but Cesar is better than Steklenburg. Maarten has really lost form, had injuries, and just really unsettled in Italy. Should have stayed at Ajax.

Lightning

Banned
The Jovetic thing is so fucked up. You have Arsenal interested, Chelsea interested and now United interested with the player reportedly not keen to leave Italy and Juventus refuse to stump up the money.

Something about this reeks of Fiorentina don't want to sell to Juventus so are trying to whore buyers.

Ideally we should keep him, yes. Suarez could show up on July 1st with YNWA inked on his front teeth and everything would be forgotten. But if he wants to leave then we should send him out the door as soon as possible. I'd appreciate if it didn't turn into a Rooney 2.0 saga.
If he can help you get into CL Rooney 2.0 may well be worth it. The longer you're out of the CL the harder it will be to attract stars and hold onto the ones you have. Coutinho keeps impressing like he is and you continue outside the top 4 someone will end up taking him.

The Gerrard type players are rare. They'll leave and then it becomes harder again. This is only my opinion if I was a Liverpool fan but I don't mind Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom