• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fady K

Granero is quitting QPR.

sneijder is a has-been, fady. he's only had one great season post-ajax.

I agree bud, I loved his quote about Mourinho though! Btw I don't know if you've heard but Sagna is having talks with Arsenal about his contract.

Nintendo should put up their E3 demos in the eShop. Put it behind a code wall with a disclaimer. That way you make sure whoever sees the code is already invested enough in their future games, it might even push some units out. I know I'd get one soon after if the demos are good.

Working on the assumption that FFP doesn't apply is something I'd rather leave to the Chelseas and Man Citys of this world.
Sometimes I like to dream. :(

kharma45

Not unless I repeat the year or take a gap year. Think I'll be ok for my second UCAS choice, it's just going to be a nervy few months.
It was one paper of out 6 where I potentially failed, but will be brought up by the others.

Nope, getting into Uni is the problem!

Where have you applied for?

Looks like we'll be getting more Walking Dead from Telltale Games quite soon.

Pls.

Messi

tumblr_mfxmi5qINA1r5nz5bo1_400.gif

There has been so little new stuff recently, that I am going full muppet mode on any olivia stuff. I can't wait for rush!

Fry

I loved it, Yenrot. There will be plenty albums to buy in june.

Qotsa
Beady Eye
Yeezus
Maybe the new AiC

Got into the Black Keys yesterday. Nice band. Recognized one of their songs that was on Fifa.

Did you read my wesley sneijder post btw Wooden? Telltale will likely not deviate too much from the first game (especially as it being billed "a second season" rather than an all new game - as far as I know).

Yeah I did. Really don't want him. :p

A second season... Mmm... Wonder who we will play as then. Just felt like that was ended pretty well already.

kharma45

PPE at Queens
Politics at Jordanstown

Sweet. I've a friend doing PPE at Queen's and he seemed to like it well enough, and a housemate of mine does, or rather did it would be now, Politics at Queen's and mostly enjoyed it. No real idea what UUJ is like for it.

Feorax

Is there anything in this rumour of Mourinho/Chelsea wanting rid of David Luiz?

He's been doing so well recently, so it would be very surprising. If the Papadopalous deal fell through, he would be my personal choice altenative.

Meier

So what do Chelsea fans think about this purported Dzeko to Chelsea move? At his best, he's absolute dynamite but he'll need to play every game to keep his form up. I think he'd be great for them and really would rather we don't sell within the league, but they'd probably pay a helluva lot more than an Italian or German club. Sky slashed the bets on him to Chelsea to 8/11 from 20/1.

Got into the Black Keys yesterday. Nice band. Recognized one of their songs that was on Fifa.

Wow! Just now, eh? They're fantastic. Brothers is my favorite album of theirs.. the more recent stuff is quite different than their early albums.

He's been doing so well recently, so it would be very surprising. If the Papadopalous deal fell through, he would be my personal choice altenative.

No Mourinho said in the interview yesterday he is looking forward to working with him. Apparently he even tried to sign him for Madrid when he was at Benfica.

I wouldn't be surprised if the rumours are coming from Barcelona cunts trying to tap him up through the media.

I doubt it, but the many articles although most still spinning on the same rumor kind of makes me nervous.

This is what Mourinho said in 2010

Mourinho is a confirmed admirer of the versatile defender, who is in line to make his full Brazil debut next month, but the Portuguese said: "I like him a lot, but he won't come to Madrid this year. It will be very difficult for him to leave. I'm not thinking about him at all this year. There was some contact, but the price is prohibitive."

Fady K

Yeah I did. Really don't want him. :p

A second season... Mmm... Wonder who we will play as then. Just felt like that was ended pretty well already.

Me neither btw! I just loved how he described Jose's love for Chelsea ;D

No surprises there, looking forward to the mass exodus from that hellhole.
Also pretty stoked for the new Empire of the Sun.

Yeah there is bound to be an exodus. This summer will be insane with all the movement of players and managers.

There's a new Empire of the Sun? A remake?

I don't know where these rumours keep coming from (the Daily Mail is one of the main marchers) but I don't understand why Mourinho would want to get rid of him. In his first interview for Chelsea last night he did mention Luiz by name when giving examples of good players at the club and how he would love to help all the players improve at the club.

Raptor

Higuain talked in that interview when he said "my phase in real madrid is over" like if he is some Top Class Striker or some shit.

:/

So what do Chelsea fans think about this purported Dzeko to Chelsea move? At his best, he's absolute dynamite but he'll need to play every game to keep his form up. I think he'd be great for them and really would rather we don't sell within the league, but they'd probably pay a helluva lot more than an Italian or German club. Sky slashed the bets on him to Chelsea to 8/11 from 20/1.

As I said yesterday I would take him if only Chelsea didn't already own Lukaku and to a lesser extend Ba who got kind of the same qualities as him and with Lukaku imo with more potential.

Fady K

I feel little about it at the moment as like the Luiz rumor I feel it came out of nowhere. I think he is a very decent player when being a regular (and sometimes even better as a sub!) but I still have no idea about where Dzeko may end up or whether he will leave City this season in the first place.

I doubt it, but the many articles although most still spinning on the same rumor kind of makes me nervous.

This is what Mourinho said in 2010

Same.

Based on what Mourinho said back then - back then meaning before Luiz became the great player he is today - it would not make sense for him to not want him to stay at the club IMO.

bud

The others know a lot about football here. You are absolutely clueless all around.

i'm not sure why you're saying this. sneijder was great in his first season at inter and he was important with his goals and assists in south africa. what else has he shown outisde of that one year that was so great?

Fady K

Empire of the sun is a band ;)

oh! Thanks for the clarification. I would have believed that Steven Spielberg's film is being remade because Hollywood is gonna Hollywood!

As I said yesterday I would take him if only Chelsea didn't already own Lukaku and to a lesser extend Ba who got kind of the same qualities as him and with Lukaku imo with more potential.

I agree bro! I feel like we need at least ONE dangerous forward. Something at least HALF as good as Van Persie for instance. (Maybe Ba can be huge but he'll have to play more often for us to see that. He could never get fit under Rafa haha!)

LNBL

i'm not sure why you're saying this. sneijder was great in his first season at inter and he was important with his goals and assists in south africa. what else has he shown outisde of that one year that was so great?

His injury really pushed him downhill, but i'm still hoping he can manage to perform one more time like he did during his inter season.

Yen

Saw them last year opening for Foo Fighters. Thought they were kinda boring, a bit same-y. At one stage I zoned out and was unsure if they had started on a different song.

defel

Dzeko is from a similar mold to Drogba and big-nose. Mou seems to like strong, dominant forwards so I think it would be a good move for Chelsea. Poor Torres

Fry

Saw them last year opening for Foo Fighters. Thought they were kinda boring, a bit same-y. At one stage I zoned out and was unsure if they had started on a different song.
I still have to listen to them a bit more, only checked about 5 songs out.

Im looking for some new stuff. While i love the bands i listen to, im getting tired of them. I don't even listen to the killers and oasis these days.

I had over 100 kanye scrobbles this week. Im gonna get tired of him before his new album drops.

Linius

Fady put that shit in quotes :lol

I still have to listen to them a bit more, only checked about 5 songs out.

Im looking for some new stuff. While i love the bands i listen to, im getting tired of them. I don't even listen to the killers and oasis these days.

I had over 100 kanye scrobbles this week. Im gonna get tired of him before his new album drops.

Don't listen to Yenrot and listen to some more Black Keys instead.

qindarka

Banned
The Sneijder rumours strike me as lazy bullshit to me. It would go against our recent transfer policy of signing younger talents and offloading our older players with higher wages. Nor is Sneijder good enough at the moment to merit us breaking this trend. Media are probably operating on the reasoning that since Sneijder had his best form under Mourinho, Mourinho would want him back which is hardly enough.

Wouldn't worry too much about Luiz yet. As mentioned by Fady earlier, Mourinho did mention his name explicitly in the interview. And he has rarely been quick to sell players at a newly joined club, there is an article on WAGNH detailing that.

Fady K

itshappening.gif.

I really don't want to buy any more games with next-gen so close, but if TLG comes out this year, along with GTA V and The Last of Us, it's going to be VERY difficult...

Thing is Feorax, some huge games are coming out before the next gen begins! So much quality we can't miss out on.

O____O

PS4 day 1

I would so love for this to be a PS4 title as well!!!

Yen

Fady put that shit in quotes :lol

Don't listen to Yenrot and listen to some more Black Keys instead.

They're good, but after an hour of them (in the blazing heat, and I did have a bad back at the time, so no wonder I was grumpy) I was fed up

Fady K

TLG is Half Life of modern games, overhyped. Probably good, maybe spectacular but there's no guarantees.

We won't know till it comes out though bro (IF it comes out!!).

I recall Bioshock Infinite having so much bad press around it - bad preview, top people leaving the company before the game's completion, taking longer than planned, multiple delays and then boom. Turned out to be one of the greatest games in recent years according to many gamers.

We won't know till it comes out though bro (IF it comes out!!).

I recall Bioshock Infinite having so much bad press around it - bad preview, top people leaving the company before the game's completion, taking longer than planned, multiple delays and then boom. Turned out to be one of the greatest games in recent years according to many gamers.
BioShock Infinite's story is something to be hold. But the gameplay itself is pretty generic and drags on near the end. It's a normal shooter without the story.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to TLG but personally I don't get the hype at the moment. Maybe after E3 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom