• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

Marcus Christenson ‏@m_christenson 6m
Oh Man City. Sevilla president says Jesus Navas fee 'was much higher than we thought they'd offer, esp. as there was only one bidder' #mcfc

GQman2121

Banned
I didn't think of that. I do watch quick looks. So I suppose that counts.

Because of the quick look I will be purchasing Hotline Miami when its released on PSN. Seems like the perfect type of game for the Vita.

Meier

Marcus Christenson ‏@m_christenson 6m
Oh Man City. Sevilla president says Jesus Navas fee 'was much higher than we thought they'd offer, esp. as there was only one bidder' #mcfc

Maybe the Madrid interest was just paper talk then. Who knows. Fortunately when you're in the top 10 in revenue (moving towards top 5), you can spend a few million more pounds if it's on a player an incoming manager wants.

I always struggle to understand why teams quibble over a million or two.. just make it happen.

I didn't think of that. I do watch quick looks. So I suppose that counts.

Because of the quick look I will be purchasing Hotline Miami when its released on PSN. Seems like the perfect type of game for the Vita.
Hotline Miami was my unexpected purchase because of the quick look as well. XCOM has to be the biggest instance if that, I didn't know anything about it but when they did their own QL I was instantly sold on the game.

subtles

Liverpool doing some fine business this transfer window. The "Transfer Committee" on a roll.

1000x67518.jpg

Meier

Navas to City. Now i don't think i should worry about them going after Robben.

Still nothing officially posted on the greatest sports website in the world. I've even been typing in possible story URLs based on old updates in case something is there but not fully live yet. No luck. :(

dc said there was a photo of him leaving Sevilla's stadium late last night but nothing yet on him arriving in Manchester for his medical.

Still nothing officially posted on the greatest sports website in the world. I've even been typing in possible story URLs based on old updates in case something is there but not fully live yet. No luck. :(

Txiki is probably trying to raise the bid in the last second or something, preventing it from getting done.

confuziz

Banned

dc said there was a photo of him leaving Sevilla's stadium late last night but nothing yet on him arriving in Manchester for his medical.

It is official.

subtles

You know there are are a lot of football related avatars of Gaffers I see in other threads but they never seem to post here?

Meier

It's not on the official site because the medical isn't done. The rest is already on paper.

Until the greatest website in the world says it's official, it isn't.

(I know it is, it'd just be nice to actually formally be announced.. him, Pellegrini and Isco should all be on the front page of the site right now).

I assume City will be changing the way they play.

Navas would be completely wasted in City's current set up.
Indicates they'll be playing with width which is smart, especially in a league like the Premierleague where some direct play from the wings can get easy goals.

Meier

I assume City will be changing the way they play.

Navas would be completely wasted in City's current set up.

He's kind of a weird fit for the typical Pellegrini style of play as well, but we'll see how it all pans out. It'll be nice to have a true winger who can change the game with his pace. Sinclair could have helped but Mancini just had no interest in playing in a style that complimented him. Both Nasri and Silva are decently fast but typically more deliberate with their attack.. Navas will provide an entirely new wrinkle.

I expect Nasri will probably be sold because I just don't see how the numbers work out with Isco likely coming in as well. We could get rid of Milner instead, but I think the club likes having a guy like him around.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Thrilling match between Mexico and Portugal in the u20s. 3-3 with Mexico scoring at basically the last minute. We could have won the match but missed three sitters at least. :( We need Carlitos Fierro.

Clegg

Indicates they'll be playing with width which is smart, especially in a league like the Premierleague where some direct play from the wings can get easy goals.

It's been a major factor in United's success over the last 20 odd years.

So I'm slightly concerned about how poor our wingers are atm.

I'm hoping Valencia rediscovers his form and Zaha is a success.

Meier

Navas is a good player though, i'm actually suprised that he stayed with Sevilla this long.

Yeah, he's definitely one of the best wingers in the world. I assume Pulga is just surprised he of all people is finally leaving Spain.

Wes

venison crêpe
Maybe the Madrid interest was just paper talk then. Who knows. Fortunately when you're in the top 10 in revenue (moving towards top 5), you can spend a few million more pounds if it's on a player an incoming manager wants.

I always struggle to understand why teams quibble over a million or two.. just make it happen.

Meier pls. You're killing me here.

Salvadora

Arsene was asked about the lack of fight between Arsenal and United in recent years in that Al-Jazeera interview and gave an interesting answer :

"we aren't competing for the title so much and maybe it is a lack of testosterone on out part as well now".

We've known this for years, for fuck sake. Bring some men in.

Meier

I fear this Navas transfer may mean the end for Scott Sinclair's promising career at City.

Probably so. He probably won't be able to move anywhere until August though due to that weird thing with him having part of his rib removed. They said it would be a few month recovery time.

Wes

venison crêpe
Younes Belhanda ‏@YounesBelhanda_
Pour éclairer certains esprits, et si c'était le Milan AC, l’Inter Milan, l’Atlético Madrid, Galatasaray ou Aston Villa...

GET HYPE (if that is him)! Hopefully El Ahmadi, N'Zogbia, Sylla and Benteke can convince him to come join the party.

So my mum ended up meeting Jose today in a Heathrow lounge :( One day I will meet the special one!

Weird he is leaving the country already though. I am trying to get my mum to work out where he is going but I can only assume he went back to Madrid for a couple of days?

confuziz

Banned
So my mum ended up meeting Jose today in a Heathrow lounge :( One day I will meet the special one!

Weird he is leaving the country already though. I am trying to get my mum to work out where he is going but I can only assume he went back to Madrid for a couple of days?

Bringing Ronaldo with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom