• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was a Madrid fan, I'd shrug my shoulders if Ancelotti joined. He's a very good manager, but I'd prefer someone a little more long-term. Then again, I'm not sure that phrase exists at the Bernebeau, so they might as well just go for the best manager at any given moment regardless of age and long-term plans

L1NETT

Ooooh Bumhead that is very tempting. I hope I have the dosh....

--

I can't get "Reload" out of my head...... need to stop singing it.

Clegg

Beyond the Pitch ‏@BeyondthePitch 3m

Nice midfielder Kévin Anin has been placed in a medically-induced coma after a horrible car accident. (via @MarthaCalcio) Get well, Kévin.
Hope he gets better soon.

If I was a Madrid fan, I'd shrug my shoulders if Ancelotti joined. He's a very good manager, but I'd prefer someone a little more long-term. Then again, I'm not sure that phrase exists at the Bernebeau, so they might as well just go for the best manager at any given moment regardless of age and long-term plans

Ancelotti seems long term if the clubs wants him to be.

jtb

Banned
Arsenal's Laurent Koscielny tells Eurosport France: ”I hope the club will show ambition, if not I’ll leave.”

lol... didn't he just sign a long contract? I like kos a lot but he's not good enough for any of the top clubs. I guess he could jump ship to Monaco soon if he wanted; don't think they've bought any defenders yet.

Korez

379663_507172576022079_1697468718_n.png

Meier

NOOOO :((( Jupp retired! Apparently Florentino wasn't even interested in speaking with him about the Madrid job. Fuck you FP!

It actually sounds like he is pulling a Pep and will just take a sabbatical. He didn't indicate he was retiring specifically.. just taking a break. Next summer will be interesting.

Randdalf

lol... didn't he just sign a long contract? I like kos a lot but he's not good enough for any of the top clubs. I guess he could jump ship to Monaco soon if he wanted; don't think they've bought any defenders yet.

I've heard from Arsenal fans that he's actually been one of their best players this season, one of the primary reasons why they have the 2nd best defensive record in the league.

It actually sounds like he is pulling a Pep and will just take a sabbatical. He didn't indicate he was retiring specifically.. just taking a break. Next summer will be interesting.

He's just waiting for Pep to flop and for Bayern to come begging for him to come back.

Timurid

They brought Carvalho and Isimat-Mirin already.

Also it looks like Honda is going to AC Milan. Fuck him for rejecting us last year.

Lightning

Banned
Yep. He's contracted until 2017 but that means nothing these days.

We'll see what happens over the summer and how Arsene handles it. Every player has a price and if Arsenal get theirs for Kos he will be sold.

GQman2121

Banned
124$ to go see 4 matches for the Guinness International Champions Cup thing in Miami.... Damn good deal.

God Damn. They want almost $230 for one game in New York. I thought I was going to go, but I don't know now.

My ticket last summer for the game at Yankee stadium was $90. I probably spent less than $300 total to travel up from Baltimore and spend the day in the city.

God Damn. They want almost $230 for one game in New York. I thought I was going to go, but I don't know now.

My ticket last summer for the game at Yankee stadium was $90. I probably spent less than $300 total to travel up from Baltimore and spend the day in the city.

Is it a Chelsea game? You have to go if so! The special one is back!

Slizz

I can't believe how cheap it is actually. Club level, 2 separate days, 4 matches, including the final.

Hixx

For a friendly that is expensive as shit.

I got in to see us play Juve a few years back (Daryl fucking Murphy scored against Buffon looooooool) for like a fiver.

Zabojnik

Zeman to Real Madrid would be the greatest thing that ever happened in football. Provided that they'd let him stay for a full season. Attractive football, sure. For the neutrals and fans of the opposing team though.

He is going to be eating his words now.

I read that Capello will be open to a move to Paris.

If we beat Portugal on Friday then we're basically guaranteed qualification for the World Cup. Wouldn't be too concerned if Capello left at that point since his tournament record in general isn't that great. One CL win with a stacked Milan team and a bunch of failures besides that.

But I don't think he'll leave. He wants another crack at the World Cup. Timerda, you should just accept that you're getting Mancini.

jtb

Banned
Yep. He's contracted until 2017 but that means nothing these days.

We'll see what happens over the summer and how Arsene handles it. Every player has a price and if Arsenal get theirs for Kos he will be sold.

Koscielny's price has to be pretty damn high. I mean, he may have been playing in Ligue 2 not too long ago but we paid... 10m or so for him. and he's got another 4 years left. Hope we don't sell, we really need a window without any major departures.

Zeman to Real Madrid would be the greatest thing that ever happened in football. Provided that they'd let him stay for a full season. Attractive football, sure. For the neutrals and fans of the opposing team though.

Just imagine, Khedira as an attacking midfielder( since for Zeman, all midfielders are attacking midfielders)!

G-Unit

On a serious note. What's your view on Suarez, sell or no?

If I were a Liverpool fan I would hate it. You won't get someone of equal quality in return. I would want him kept, additions brought in, and go again to get that top 4 spot then let him go if he still wants it while with CL football you can attract better talent.

We would have titles too if you send Fabby back?????? Fuck Song though, do not want.

You aint getting titles soon whatever you do.

Bayram Tutumlu ‏@BayramTOficial 58m
YO BAYRAM TUTUMLU NO TENGO ENVIDIA A NADIE!!! TRATO TRABAJAR PARA NO TENER TIEMPO PARA ENVIDIA!!!

Bayram Tutumlu ‏@BayramTOficial 1h
CUANDO MAS ENVIDIA TE TIENEN,MAS ORGULLOSO TIENES QUE ESTAR!!!

Jealoousy is a disease very bad human ruin,the worst is worse than the DISEASE!!!
KISKANCLIK INSANIN KENDISININ FABRIKE ETTIGI HASTALIKTIR!!

KuGsj.gif

God I love this guy.
KuGsj.gif

G-Unit

Bayram Tutumlu ‏@BayramTOficial 58m
YO BAYRAM TUTUMLU NO TENGO ENVIDIA A NADIE!!! TRATO TRABAJAR PARA NO TENER TIEMPO PARA ENVIDIA!!!

CUANDO MAS ENVIDIA TE TIENEN,MAS ORGULLOSO TIENES QUE ESTAR!!!

Jealoousy is a disease very bad human ruin,the worst is worse than the DISEASE!!!
KISKANCLIK INSANIN KENDISININ FABRIKE ETTIGI HASTALIKTIR!!

KuGsj.gif

God I love this guy.
KuGsj.gif

quien es ese?

Lightning

Banned
Koscielny's price has to be pretty damn high. I mean, he may have been playing in Ligue 2 not too long ago but we paid... 10m or so for him. and he's got another 4 years left. Hope we don't sell, we really need a window without any major departures.
I don't want us to sell either, he's our best central defender, and Arsene has said we won't be selling but he's said that before.

You aint getting titles soon whatever you do.
Only because you won't give us Fabby back. Fuck Barca!

Salvadora

I read the text transcript of that interview with Koscielny, he mentions that it's tough psychology wise to fight for a Champion's League spot each year.

He also mentions 'I don't want to go anywhere'.

I KNOW! I'm hemorrhaging money right now though. Stupid people always want to do things now that the weather is nice. Plus, I might need to start that next gen fund if things turn up roses next Monday night. :(

I'm trying to buy a membership but its offering me only the Junior one which is under 18 and I turn 18 on Saturday. Think I will have to wait till next week.

wtf is this true? where did you read this?

i'm one of the few milan fans not interested in honda . . . he seems like prince 2.0, dunno where he would fit in our formation.

There's been some articles in Italy in the past few days, apparently we could get him in January, when his contract will expire. Or get him now, spend money and put Poli on the bench until January, when he'll leave on a loan.

quien es ese?

Michael Laudrups agent. Used to be pretty involved with Barca actually.

Bayram Tutumlu, known as abroad "El Turco", is one of the leading football managers in the world, He is fluent in nine languages. Mr. Tutumlu was born in Ankara in 1960. He is originally from Diyarbakır. He started his education at Ankara College... He went to Switzerland at the age of 14 to continue with his studies. He had his Ms in Economics, Journalism and Psychology at the University of Lausanne. Bayram Tutumlu is the foremost of leading football managers worldwide.

He started his career by undertaking managership of seven-eight football players of FC Barcelona. When he brought Michael Laudrup from FC Barcelona to Real Madrid CF, this event become a milestone in Spanish football history. World media, European press, Spanish press began to get to know him. He was the son-in-law of one of Spain’s leading families... Bayram Tutumlu is the seventh child of a family with eight children. His father was a contractor, wealthy as a landlord...

While at the University he met the girl that would change his life. He married her in 1984 and had a son from this marriage. In the year Spain was accepted to the EU, He brought in 600 cars from Germany. When he presented one of the Mercedes to FC Barcelona’s technical director Johan Cruyff, he succeeded to sell 500 of those cars to football players. Michael Laudrup, Julio Salinas and Hristo Stoichkov were the players he mostly gained money from during his poker games. That money he spent again on inviting them for dinner.

Life started anew for Tutumlu who went to Spain the same year with his wife. His idol Diego Armando Maradona was then playing at RCD Espanyol. Time passed,.. While Maradona was playing in Italy, Maradona stated that he had five best friends worldwide: Fidel Castro, Carlos Menem, Ariel Ortega, a Naepolitan friend Chiro Ferrara, and Bayram Tutumlu...He became manager of Argentinian Maradona, one of the living legends of world's football. He brought Maradona three times to Turkey.

In 1993, Michael Laudrup asked Tutumlu to become his manager. Laudrup was not in good terms with the technical director J. Cruyff. President of Real Madrid CF’s re-election was hundred percent guaranteed, if he transferred Laundrup from FC Barcelona. Transfer was debated for a long time. Major acts of protests was organized in front of the Barcelona office. While Ronald Koeman was playing at FC Barcelona, one day he told Tutumlu: “You are fluent in eight-nine languages. You are the son of a wealthy family. Join us and learn this business”. He provided great assistance to players from FC Barcelona in various countries.

Bayram Tutumlu together with the Turkish Journalists and Writers Foundation organized an aid match between Turkish Players Union and Foreign Players Union on September 19, 1995. High profile names such as Turkish PM Tansu Ciller, HE Fethullah Gulen, Soccer Star also participated at this big event. Income obtained from this giant operation named “Everything for the Children of Bosnia” aimed to attract attention to children in war, has been forwarded to children in Bosnia through official channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom