• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

Suarez has scored 23 competetive goals for them :O
Last few times I saw them play it seems like Suarez is doing all the work while Cavani ends up looking confused. That hand of god in the World Cup must have brought him secret powers.

to be fair Cavani is rarely a starter for Uruguay.
:lol what? Didn't know this.

and isn't he still played out of position most of the time he actually plays?
Read this as well, likely one of the reasons to why he's not all that spectacular.

Last few times I saw them play it seems like Suarez is doing all the work while Cavani ends up looking confused. That hand of god in the World Cup must have brought him secret powers.

:lol what? Didn't know this.

Read this as well, likely one of the reasons to why he's not all that spectacular.

Its an odd one because, by their attributes, Suarez would be brilliant in Cavani's left-forward position, and Cavani is brilliant up front. I assume they tried switching it around a few times, and it hasn't worked

Yen

Eurosport France are saying that Agger has agreed to terms with Monaco.

Marcus Christenson ‏@m_christenson
Danish journalist @TroelsHenriksen, who's with the Danish national team, says the rumours of Agger moving to Monaco are simply not true #lfc

Can't see it happening. But then again, what would the grieving father from Forbrydelsen know about Agger?

Wes

venison crêpe
AVB thinks he'll get Benteke for Defoe + Cash?

tumblr_m76ifjg3vk1r98rtso1_500.gif

Yen

Outside of football, Agger is a qualified tattoo artist[22] and offered to tattoo the whole Liverpool squad with a special commemorative design should they win the Premier League title.[23] He himself has numerous tattoos including a Viking on his upper right arm, a large drawing of Vikings and a graveyard that spans his whole back,[24] which includes his birth date and the Latin motto "Mors certa, hora incerta" ("death is certain, its hour is uncertain"), forming a memento mori.[25] He also features an intricate band around his left elbow which includes the phrase "Succes er at leve som man selv vil" ("Success is to live as one wants" in Danish). In August 2012, during a period of intense speculation regarding his future at the club, Agger had the letters "YNWA" tattooed on the fingers of his right hand, referencing the anthem of Liverpool F.C., "You'll Never Walk Alone".[26]

Crikey

flippedb

Banned
Apparently Milan wants Lyon's Dejan Lovren, Torino's Cerci and Sampdoria's Poli. The Poli deal is almost done, it was put on standby because Milan took a lot of time to confirm Allegri as the coach. Galliani already had a meeting with people from Torino, and the Dejan Lovren thing is just starting.

Hope Mr. G get them, they're all pretty good.

^^

Don't listen to this man.

edit: fuck you wes

I'm completely serious. I dislike Agger, but his back is proper fucked and he (although not this season) has shown his glass legs, surely that's not going to get better as he gets into the last period of his career. He has even admitted himself before that he's probably not going to stay in the game for that long because of his back.

I'm completely serious. I dislike Agger, but his back is proper fucked and he (although not this season) has shown his glass legs, surely that's not going to get better as he gets into the last period of his career. He has even admitted himself before that he's probably not going to stay in the game for that long because of his back.

He played the third highest minutes for our team behind Gerrard and Glen Johnson. Yeah seems like he is made up out of glass.

He played the third highest minutes for our team behind Gerrard and Glen Johnson. Yeah seems like he is made up out of glass.

I did say his legs somehow survived the season. His back however kept him out of national team matches yet again which has also caused problems for him at Liverpool before and the reason he missed out on the last few matches this season, as he yet again had to get an operation in his back.

LTWheels

Think i'm going to quit following football until the season starts and just concentrate on the Lions tour.

The transfer window hasn't started yet and I'm already stressed out.

I did say his legs somehow survived the season. His back however kept him out of national team matches yet again which has also caused problems for him at Liverpool before and the reason he missed out on the last few matches this season, as he yet again had to get an operation in his back.

Just a correction, his recent back surgery was preventative rather than being vital :)

panty

Has he rejected the contract?

Ronnie come home (not to Chelsea)

--------
Anyone up for some Fifa Clubs?

Cristiano Ronaldo will not be renewing his contract at Real Madrid – which expires in 2015 -, according to Tuesday's edition of Portuguese newspaper 'A Bola'. The paper claims that the Portuguese star feels he has not been treated well by the Real Madrid board despite his excellent performances on the playing field.

'A Bola' stated that Ronaldo, who will be 29 when his contract expires at Real, will look to sign for another club. The Portuguese goal-machine has reportedly been offered a very high signing-on fee (€60 million) if he becomes a free-agent at the end of his Real Madrid spell and signs for a certain newly-made-wealthy European club.
It's Marca so hopefully this is full of shit.

Just a correction, his recent back surgery was preventative rather than being vital :)

I didn't say it wasn't. But apparently it was vital to get it done now, I guess the recovery time takes a bit for that kind of surgeries, or else it doesn't make much sense to not get it done during the break. But well, I wish Liverpool would keep him forever, if both he and Suarez leaves now that Carragher is gone already it will be a bit harder to hate the club as much.

Tc91

Impressive I'm scared of heights too, but it's not necessarily the climbing up part it's the looking down and/or going back part. I could see myself climbing up some stuff but I wouldnt be able to get back down :(

Exactly how I am, looking down from high up really scares the shit out of me especially going near the edge to a railing or something.

The Times reporting that Rooney says he will only stay at United if he is the main striker.

Also reporting Chelsea have bid for Jovetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom