• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.
I blame the people who overinflated his ego in the first place.

Its like the perfect storm to lead to this idiocy

Team setup to make him effective (Newcastle)
Young, English, 6 months of success (media and fans inflate his reputation)
Team comes into big money with short window to spend it in, with owners desperate to show willingness to spend (Liverpool)
Manager who puts far too much value on Britishness (Dalglish)

Ugh.

Wes

venison crêpe
Whilst it's frustrating that we're signing these types of players, I'd be good to have a few promising young strikers at Arsenal for a change.

Arsenal released a ton of young players this year. I believe they are overhauling the youth setup.

Yeah, by pinching one of the best players to come through the Villa academy in years.

Bunch of thugs.

G7efnJJ.jpg

Sadly we all know how poor female keepers' ball handling skills are

Wes

venison crêpe
@tancredipalmeri 3h
Do you know about the #TancrediTime ? Get it live tonight, late night, 1.30am UK @talkSPORT . The transfers goodnight kiss. Ok that's weird

I'm going to stay up for this.

Clegg

The Times reporting that Rooney says he will only stay at United if he is the main striker.

Also reporting Chelsea have bid for Jovetic.

Fuck him.

He wanted more quality added to the team and now that we have a better alternative he wants to be the main man again.

Wes

venison crêpe
Rooney complains not enough world class talent around him.

Rooney complains world class talent around him is better than him.

Cadena Cope reporting Ronaldo has agreed to stay at Madrid until 2018. Apparently he rejected a "mega deal" from France and has 100% image rights in his new contract.

Turok_TTZ

Cadena Cope reporting Ronaldo has agreed to stay at Madrid until 2018. Apparently he rejected a "mega deal" from France and has 100% image rights in his new contract.

http://www.cope.es/detalle/Principio-de-acuerdo-entre-el-Madrid-y-Cristiano-para-su-renovacion.html

since viva was not so kind as to link the source. holy shit, Florentino was serious on keeping cr7. I didn't think he would concede the image rights. that has been the main stumbling block to cr7 signing an extension.
pack it up folks. CR7 is staying.

Slizz

Good I hope it's confirmed. I can't be having these Ronaldo feels tugging at my United heartstrings.

Turok_TTZ

Marca saying Mourinho is open to selling Mata.

Ridiculous.

Not surprising (torres, i lol'd at mata), I've also heard Mou wanting to sell david luiz too but that is tabloid talk. however I wouldn't put it past mou to do such.

Welcome to Mou's Chelsea.

Clegg

Selling Torres wouldn't be too farfetched.

Mata is a completely different story though. He's their best player and one of the best players in the league. Marca are just stirring some shit.

K1LLER7

No chance Perez will sell Ronaldo.

Madrid are screwed if they do. He's been on fire, though the players around him be slacking.

Also, Mou's Chelsea got nothing on Moysey's United.

Why do I care about seeing Liverpool fail? Why do I still care? There's something about that club that makes me genuinely hate them. I don't give a shit if City, Chelsea or Arsenal lose if it doesn't directly affect us but to this day I get the biggest grin once I see Liverpool losing even though they were the 7th. It makes little sense, but fuck Liverpool. Ugh.

Selling Torres wouldn't be too farfetched.

Mata is a completely different story though. He's their best player and one of the best players in the league. Marca are just stirring some shit.

Chelsea is not big enough for both the special Juan and the special one.

Why do I care about seeing Liverpool fail? Why do I still care? There's something about that club that makes me genuinely hate them. I don't give a shit if City, Chelsea or Arsenal lose if it doesn't directly affect us but to this day I get the biggest grin once I see Liverpool losing even though they were the 7th. It makes little sense, but fuck Liverpool. Ugh.

It's that kind of hate that makes me love football.

K1LLER7

bnhV2j0.jpg

There we go :p

Plasma

Banned
Whilst it's frustrating that we're signing these types of players, I'd be good to have a few promising young strikers at Arsenal for a change.

Arsenal released a ton of young players this year. I believe they are overhauling the youth setup.

Nah I get why we're bringing them in, it's just a little underwhelming.

You also have to wonder if this has any impact in signing the first team players because somebody has to scout these kids, negotiate with their clubs over their price and then sort out their contracts with their agents.

Cardozo and Cavani in Napoli would be cool but one would be benched anyway so a waste. I wonder if Atletico would be interested in someone like Cardozo if they don't get Benteke as a replacement for Falcao.

On the assumption that Napoli sell Cavani of course

You hate us because you ended up with Kagawa, while we have MyLittleSisterCan'tPossiblyBeThisCoutinho

operon

Don't sugar coat it. Don't worry true football fans hate united

Noirulus

Marca saying Mourinho is open to selling Mata.

Ridiculous.

Mourinho Madrid's inside man confirmed. The entire Casillas clash was a ruse fabricated by him and Perez. He's going to sell Mata to us this summer and come back next year. #LaDecima

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom