• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

For Jovetic, Arsenal would be a good stepping stone to a bigger club/title challenger. Prove himself at a club with little pressure and expectation and move on to City or Barca.

Meier

Looks like Shakhtar are going to sell Fernandinho to us and Mkhitaryan to Liverpool (or whomever). They're buying Fernando (FM wonderkid from Gremio) and Wellington Nem (FM wonderkid from Fluminense) for less than the price they'll get for each of those other two.

Also, the DM are saying Higuain to Arsenal is a possibility.

Hieberrr

OrphanBlackLogo2013.jpg

GO WATCH IT NOW. NOT ON TV? DON'T HAVE THE CHANNEL? GO FIND IT NOW! NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. The season 1 final was this past weekend and wrapped the whole season up nicely. FUCKING BONKERS!

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
México: Corona, Meza, Maza, Reyes, Salcido, Torrado, Zavala, Barrera, Guardado, De Nigris y Chicharito

The good: Salcido is not on midfield.
The bad: Torrado is.

subtles

Why do I care about seeing Liverpool fail? Why do I still care? There's something about that club that makes me genuinely hate them. I don't give a shit if City, Chelsea or Arsenal lose if it doesn't directly affect us but to this day I get the biggest grin once I see Liverpool losing even though they were the 7th. It makes little sense, but fuck Liverpool. Ugh.

I'll try and say this as respectably as I can;

What I can't fathom is the obsession with Liverpool even after a club is enjoying an immensely successful period. "Are you watching Merseyside" is the annual chant if United win any silverware (even midseason if there is a decent result).

I would laugh it off, but it became cringe worthy when the club wrestled the league back from the PL financial behemoths and had it's greatest ever coach retiring. Yet they could only muster the passion to taunt a team in seventh place? Really?

Salazar

I find lolerpool amusing because of

RAWK - everything about it
Rafa the paranoid, personal website-maintaining berk
Dalglish being so sour and small-time for a legend
Carragher and Gerrard spouting drivel about challenging for the league this time - every time
Suarez being such a fucking tit
The transfer cock-ups
Brenton
And now those fucking atrocious Warrior kits. Man alive, they're criminally shite.

tumblr_mnlzkkbcza1s6vqsadc.gif

Koko

Banned
Looking forward to watching Italy and mainly Verratti.

Henderson will have to be on his game. Hopefully the England U-21's play some entertaining football.

It should be a really interesting match considering that Italy has more individual talent but England seems top play better as a team.

Well Mou is ending his Madrid era with a few bombs. Pepe is a traitor that sided Casillas and the journalists side (the same ones that called him "assasin") even after Mou was the one that make him stay on Madrid and get a better contract. And Ronaldo is a spoiled child that can't take a few tactics advises.

As a fan I'm truly devastated, because stupid players managed to get another manager out of Madrid. Because football journalist in this country are the worst virus Madrid has. They attacked Mou day after day until he left, because he tried to change the status quo of Real Madrid. A status quo that is the main cause of many years of mediocrity and it was allowed for so much time that is too rooted to do anything about it.

We needed a real "Manager" someone who has control of all the sport activities of the club. Now I can't have any hope. Next year will be a disaster, but thank you Mou for trying. The real fans of Madrid will never forget you.

Marca saying Mourinho is open to selling Mata.

Ridiculous.

Marca trying to shit on Mou even after he left.

To be fair, playing with the National team seems to decrease ten to fifteen points of AVG rating on the Mexican players.

Except Corona, he's always at the top of his game.

At least from what I've seen, Mexico always seem uninspired against these CONCASCRUB opponents but look decent against competent opposition.

AlexBasch

At least from what I've seen, Mexico always seem uninspired against these CONCASCRUB opponents but look decent against competent opposition.
Well, that lack of inspiration is going to make them miss Brazil, woo.

39 minutes in? I thought this was the second half already, what a boring match, except when the Reggae Boys grab the ball. They fuck up at the last play but they put their heart on it.

Well, that lack of inspiration is going to make them miss Brazil, woo.

39 minutes in? I thought this was the second half already, what a boring match, except when the Reggae Boys grab the ball. They fuck up at the last play but they put their heart on it.

Yeah, its been a shit match, the best part is probably the commentator on my stream saying "it's reggae time!" whenever Jamaica win possession and start attacking.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Zavala adds nothing to the team right now. Even Torrado has looked impressive relative to him.

Herrera and Gio need to come in. I doubt Chepo will realise that before it's too late, though.

Noirulus

OH MY FUCKING GOD TOE INJURIES ARE THE GODDAMN WORST IN TERMS OF PAIN.

I was playing football outside and at some point got the bright idea to try and replicate Roberto Carlos's famous FK against france.

So I backed up 10 yards, started my huge run, and just when I was about to follow through on my kick: BAM. My foot was a little bit too low, and I KICKED THE GODDAMN SHIT OUT OF THE PITCH WITH MY TOE.

I've broken my arm, my ankle, and fractured my shin before. NONE OF THAT HAS EVER COME CLOSE TO THE PAIN I SUFFERED FROM THIS SHIT. I sat there on the field screaming for a good 20 minutes. The agony wouldn't cease. Motherfucking combine EVERY toe stub on a piece of furniture that I've experienced and multiply it by a hundred. THAT'S HOW IT FELT.

TWO HOURS LATER NOW I'M SITTING HERE WITH AN ICE PACK TO MY TOE AND IT STILL HURTS. REPRIEVE ME OF MY LIFE ALREADY.

I was playing football outside and at some point got the bright idea to try and replicate Roberto Carlos's famous FK against france.

So I backed up 10 yards, started my huge run, and just when I was about to follow through on my kick: BAM. My foot was a little bit too low, and I KICKED THE GODDAMN SHIT OUT OF THE PITCH WITH MY TOE.

I've broken my arm, my ankle, and fractured my shin before. NONE OF THAT HAS EVER COME CLOSE TO THE PAIN I SUFFERED FROM THIS SHIT. I sat there on the field screaming for a good 20 minutes. The agony wouldn't cease. Motherfucking combine EVERY toe stub on a piece of furniture that I've experienced and multiply it by a hundred. THAT'S HOW IT FELT.

TWO HOURS LATER NOW I'M SITTING HERE WITH AN ICE PACK TO MY TOE AND IT STILL HURTS. REPRIEVE ME OF MY LIFE ALREADY.
Basically a summary of Canadians attempting to play football in general right there.

K1LLER7

So.....what happened to the ball?

^ :lol
Let him replace Hulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom