• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Facism

Gold Member
I broke my big toe and it was a cunt to play football with it. Caused me problems for about a year.

Not as bad as my ankles. From achille's Tendonitis to Achille's Bursitis. Just feels like they won't heal past a certain point and i'm going to have to live with them. Sucks needing 10 mins to get adequately warmed up and loose enough to get down stairs in the morning. Plus that niggling pain throughout the day and then the stiffening and aching whenever i stop moving.

Shit sucks, but I can still run.

pulga

Banned
Ut1HxaE.gif

What a dick.

GorillaJu

Keisuke Honda is a showman – and available
He was the last to join up with the squad, arriving from Moscow on Sunday with a baby in tow, announcing as he did so that he was ready to leave Russia for one of the big leagues. He was the last to emerge from the team bus as it arrived at the stadium, his nonchalant exit bringing by far the biggest cheer from the fans watching the scoreboard inside. And he was the best player on the pitch.
Honda in the middle may reduce Jürgen Klopp to tears by forcing the impressive Kagawa to the left but he brings smiles to the faces of the entire nation of Japan every time he gets the ball and against Australia, he got the ball a lot. Playing just behind the striker, he was always available, always moving, always dangerous, just one of those players who demands to be seen in the flesh. It was fitting that he scored the all-important goal.

Honda-Sama

ψ(`∇´)ψ

Why is Honda a dick for wetting the mascot? Everyone was doing it to everyone. That's how they were celebrating.

Honda is probably a dick, but not for that.

Honda-Sama

ψ(`∇´)ψ

Shinji was just as impressive as Honda. Honda just had the pk so everyone is wanking over his mentality. Both were great. I thought Nagatomo played bad. He just wasn't there like he usually is.

Why is Honda a dick for wetting the mascot? Everyone was doing it to everyone. That's how they were celebrating.

Shinji was just as impressive as Honda. Honda just had the pk so everyone is wanking over his mentality. Both were great. I thought Nagatomo played bad. He just wasn't there like he usually is.

Honda just wanted revenge on someone for getting sprayed so much when CSKA were celebrating their title.

BLrvLkWCMAEkzMy.jpg:large

GorillaJu

Shinji was great I thought, but Honda was better. Shinji's a better dribbler, but Honda's passing technique is better and having him pull the strings is better. He also makes quicker decisions around the box.

Shinji was great I thought, but Honda was better. Shinji's a better dribbler, but Honda's passing technique is better and having him pull the strings is better. He also makes quicker decisions around the box.

I don't know. I think Honda is better at pulling the strings, but I think Shinji is just as quick at making decisions around the box. I think that's one of his strengths. He doesn't have that at United as much, but he used to do it at Dortmund much more. Just lightning quick passes between him and a teammate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE6pMkZjvJg

Regardless, it was refreshing to see him being aggressive. I thought he went away from that after his first few games from United and I haven't seen him play that way for Japan for some time.

I still think Honda should go to Liverpool to give you guys more depth. Coutinho, Aspas, and Honda (excluding strikers) would be a great attacking rotation.

United linked with Baines and Ronaldo again.

Spurs linked with Benteke, Defoe plus cash also linked with Soldado.

Chelsea linked with Dzeko, Schrulle and Jovetic.

John Terry to Monaco also.

I love the papers lol!

Jin_7

I love the papers lol!

Schrulle? lol
That's German for ugly old woman (or quirk).
Most people here mess up German names. See it all the time.

DominoKid

I love the papers lol!

bah this is boring. how long until stuff actually starts happening? i'm ready for some cool stuff.

rodvik

I love the papers lol!

Lol. Even Levy with his mind control couldnt sell that. Unless the cash is crazy high.

I don't know. I think Honda is better at pulling the strings, but I think Shinji is just as quick at making decisions around the box. I think that's one of his strengths. He doesn't have that at United as much, but he used to do it at Dortmund much more. Just lightning quick passes between him and a teammate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE6pMkZjvJg

Regardless, it was refreshing to see him being aggressive. I thought he went away from that after his first few games from United and I haven't seen him play that way for Japan for some time.

Kagawa is also very clinical inside the box. He's the more direct player for me. Honda is an excellent playmaker behind the striker, though.

Papers claiming Carroll's demanding 100k a week before he signs for us - he's already on 80k, which is well above the 55k cap we've kept our other top earners on. Greedy cunt. Fact is, no one's come in for him even though he left the door wide open, not even his precious Toon. So, it's either sign for us and have a guaranteed starting place, or sit on the Liverpool bench and watch his England career evaporate into nothing.

Carbonox

Papers claiming Carroll's demanding 100k a week before he signs for us - he's already on 80k, which is well above the 55k cap we've kept our other top earners on. Greedy cunt. Fact is, no one's come in for him even though he left the door wide open, not even his precious Toon. So, it's either sign for us and have a guaranteed starting place, or sit on the Liverpool bench and watch his England career evaporate into nothing.

I think he's demanding more money to stall any deal in case Newcastle get a change of heart (which we won't) and go in for him. Only makes him look silly.

I think he's demanding more money to stall any deal in case Newcastle get a change of heart (which we won't) and go in for him. Only makes him look silly.

Pretty much.

One of these days it'd be nice if we could sign a relatively skilled player who actually WANTS to play for us, rather than seeing us as some sort of last resort. Hell, we only got Di Canio because no one else would touch him. We only 'signed' Tevez because the deal was as thoroughly dodgy as any deal could be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom