• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
OH MY FUCKING GOD TOE INJURIES ARE THE GODDAMN WORST IN TERMS OF PAIN.

I was playing football outside and at some point got the bright idea to try and replicate Roberto Carlos's famous FK against france.

So I backed up 10 yards, started my huge run, and just when I was about to follow through on my kick: BAM. My foot was a little bit too low, and I KICKED THE GODDAMN SHIT OUT OF THE PITCH WITH MY TOE.

I've broken my arm, my ankle, and fractured my shin before. NONE OF THAT HAS EVER COME CLOSE TO THE PAIN I SUFFERED FROM THIS SHIT. I sat there on the field screaming for a good 20 minutes. The agony wouldn't cease. Motherfucking combine EVERY toe stub on a piece of furniture that I've experienced and multiply it by a hundred. THAT'S HOW IT FELT.

TWO HOURS LATER NOW I'M SITTING HERE WITH AN ICE PACK TO MY TOE AND IT STILL HURTS. REPRIEVE ME OF MY LIFE ALREADY.
I let out a chuckle with how that came out.

Sorry man. Hope you recover soon and you're alright.

Noirulus

Basically a summary of Canadians attempting to play football in general right there.

fuck yo snide comment

Honestly this shit happened mostly because the field I played on is slightly uneven all over. Some parts of the pitch are a bit more elevated than others which makes it hard not only to run but to take a proper kick.

I'd normally play in a different field that's further away but I was feeling lazy today.

GODDAMNIT

So.....what happened to the ball?

^ :lol
Let him replace Hulk.

The laces still got a bit of the ball so it went down a couple yards.

I let out a chuckle with how that came out.

Sorry man. Hope you recover soon and you're alright.

AlexBasch

Salcido is a best crosser than Guardado/Barrera/practically anyone in the national squad.

De Nigris though. <3

And Noirulus, dude, I know Roberto Carlos is the inspiration for many football fans, but attempting to do his crazy shit shenanigans is not for the weak of heart. Hopefully you learned your lesson. ):

Get well soon. :p

rodvik

Old?

BL20w56CMAAGRhX.png

Koko

Banned
Atlas says that he still has contract with them.

The problem is that they don't own him. He was owned by Cruz Azul and Chivas bought it from them, but he still has contract with Atlas because he was loaned for a year. So in other words is just a clusterfuck that can only happen in Liga MX.

DominoKid

OH MY FUCKING GOD TOE INJURIES ARE THE GODDAMN WORST IN TERMS OF PAIN.

I was playing football outside and at some point got the bright idea to try and replicate Roberto Carlos's famous FK against france.

So I backed up 10 yards, started my huge run, and just when I was about to follow through on my kick: BAM. My foot was a little bit too low, and I KICKED THE GODDAMN SHIT OUT OF THE PITCH WITH MY TOE.

I've broken my arm, my ankle, and fractured my shin before. NONE OF THAT HAS EVER COME CLOSE TO THE PAIN I SUFFERED FROM THIS SHIT. I sat there on the field screaming for a good 20 minutes. The agony wouldn't cease. Motherfucking combine EVERY toe stub on a piece of furniture that I've experienced and multiply it by a hundred. THAT'S HOW IT FELT.

TWO HOURS LATER NOW I'M SITTING HERE WITH AN ICE PACK TO MY TOE AND IT STILL HURTS. REPRIEVE ME OF MY LIFE ALREADY.

I did something like that once messing around w/ some friends at a cancelled practice. I hated practice to begin w/ so IDK why I showed up to a cancelled practice lol. I'm an idiot.

Anyway I'm taking free kicks w/ a wall showing off my swerve skills. For whatever reason, in the middle of my run-up I changed my mind and decided I wanted to hit the opposite upper 90. Nope. Caught my foot in the field at some ungodly awkward angle and caught the worst ankle sprain I've ever had. I won't lie I screamed like a bitch. My foot looked like a fucking grapefruit later that night that's how bad the swelling was.

It took like 2 weeks before I could even kick a ball again w/o feeling pain and my ankle felt like jelly the entire season. I'd roll it over just walking around at school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom