• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a little annoying having a player who single-handedly destroys any pretense of being able to argue that you deserve respect, but oh well :p

We've slightly got our shit sorted in terms of not acting like bellends since Kenny left, although the mere employing of Suarez and that knobend who threatened the guy from twitter fucked us over a bit :D

Using the Suarez card always works, everything you've done on one side and he's in another. I won't dive deeper into why since you probably already know. :p

I'll try and say this as respectably as I can;

What I can't fathom is the obsession with Liverpool even after a club is enjoying an immensely successful period. "Are you watching Merseyside" is the annual chant if United win any silverware (even midseason if there is a decent result).

I would laugh it off, but it became cringe worthy when the club wrestled the league back from the PL financial behemoths and had it's greatest ever coach retiring. Yet they could only muster the passion to taunt a team in seventh place? Really?

I'd attribute it to the fact that you were once the biggest team in England and we were the underdogs, it's an incredible achievement that the behemoth that is LFC is now 2nd to Manchester United in the league trophies. It's like 10 years from now when Real Madrid are 7th and Barca are still successful, I bet you Barca fans would still hate on Madrid.

That is unlike 5 years from now when City are out of the top 4 and are messing around with Newcastle, their success would be a legend told to the children. "do you remember when City were successful?" "heh, yeah that."

Blablurn

3,w=658,c=0.bild.jpeg

Lewa wants to go to Bayern this summer.

And liverpool wants robben in a trade with Suarez? lol

Blablurn

I love you too Blab.

Even if we don't share the same opinions from time to time I still hope Mexico will come up with a good performance at the world cup next year! They can do it if everything works. Such a talented team. From Definitely my favourites when it comes to teams from North, Middle or South America.

GorillaJu

Using the Suarez card always works, everything you've done on one side and he's in another. I won't dive deeper into why since you probably already know. :p

I'd attribute it to the fact that you were once the biggest team in England and we were the underdogs, it's an incredible achievement that the behemoth that is LFC is now 2nd to Manchester United in the league trophies. It's like 10 years from now when Real Madrid are 7th and Barca are still successful, I bet you Barca fans would still hate on Madrid.

That is unlike 5 years from now when City are out of the top 4 and are messing around with Newcastle, their success would be a legend told to the children. "do you remember when City were successful?" "heh, yeah that."

With all due respect, aren't you rather young and also not from the UK?

I mean I "hate" United, mostly in the same way I hate all of the biggest teams with the most money, but I can't claim to have some deep-rooted loathing for them because I'm American, and Liverpool were only a top team for the first 7 or 8 years of my life, well before I had any interest in professional football.

Feorax

It probably would be, but even one of those 2 going to Liverpool is far-fetched, let alone both. You'd also run into the same problem Chelsea have of 3 attacking players all wanting to play central.

From what I can work out, the plan next year is to have Coutinho as the number 10, play Aspas wide left and Suarez wide right, all playing off the lone striker.

If Suarez goes, I think BR will be looking at Mkhitaryan to come in and play the wide forward position on the right.

Either way, if we're looking at Mkhitaryan, i doubt there's any way we're still interested in Eriksen. He'll be at Ajax next season.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
English under-21s made up 2.28% of the total minutes played in 2012-13 with Manchester City, Chelsea, Swansea, Stoke and Wigan failing to field an English player under 21 all season.

lol

Yen

I'm warm to the idea of selling Suarez, but for no less than £50m. That'd bring in 3/4 very good players. Aspas, Papadop, and another midfield/attacking option like Mhiktiaspellname would be a good window. (Not that I've ever seen Aspas play, or Padadop/Mhik play more than a few games + youtube)

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri

Mourinho on CR7: "He thinks he knows all,and that a manager can't make him upgrade. He didn't like my tactical critics,that was the problem"

Mourinho on Pepe: "He was a foot and half out of Real.I fought for his deal.Then,a guy 13 yrs younger played in his place,and he didn't like"

Mourinho on Real: "The best for players was that I wd leave. No regrets,not worth.I'm a 'useful' manager:when I'm there,I'm the only target"

Mourinho: "As Sinatra said, I did it in my way. And I'm proud I won all the three possible spanish titles"

Villa have bid for Okore?

HNNNNG

Made a brilliant pass to Cornelius for Copenhagen to win the title.

ibyprKX43XaYpj.gif

Wilbur

Banned
lol, 2 of them are clear upgrades bro

Rafa>>>Hodge<Kenny<<B-Rod

Hodgson won shit in Sweden and Denmark and is now the manager of a top international side. Kenny is a club legend who was only let down by his misguided fashion sense. Brendan is a pretender to the crown of Swansea Revolutionary, masking Kenny Jackett's true form as saviour of all that is Welsh and holistic.

sohois

From what I can work out, the plan next year is to have Coutinho as the number 10, play Aspas wide left and Suarez wide right, all playing off the lone striker.

If Suarez goes, I think BR will be looking at Mkhitaryan to come in and play the wide forward position on the right.

Either way, if we're looking at Mkhitaryan, i doubt there's any way we're still interested in Eriksen. He'll be at Ajax next season.

I doubt either of Mkhitaryan or Eriksen were begin scouted to play on the wing and there was certainly interest in such a player before the Suarez situation. Seems to me they would replace Henderson in the starting lineup if one came.

How do you report to mods? Some dickhead being purposefully obtuse with spoilers in TLoU review thread

Just send a PM to one of them

Hodgson won shit in Sweden and Denmark and is now the manager of a top international side. Kenny is a club legend who was only let down by his misguided fashion sense. Brendan is a pretender to the crown of Swansea Revolutionary, masking Kenny Jackett's true form as saviour of all that is Welsh and holistic.

Hodgson is a jammy cunt of a shite manager
Kenny thought it was still 1991
Brendan is the new and improved Ferguson
Rafa is our Jesus, killed by those who didn't understand what he was doing

Wilbur

Banned
Hodgson is a jammy cunt of a shite manager

Tell that to FC Copenhagen's devoted fans (if you can find any)

Kenny thought it was still 1991

Tell that to the National Front

Brendan is the new and improved Ferguson

Tell that to

No wait don't

Rafa is our Jesus, killed by those who didn't understand what he was doing

Tell that to Chelsea FC's devoted fans (if you can find any)

L1NETT

Liverpool will finish top four next season. Book it.

If I hadn't lost quite a bit of money playing poker yesterday, I would gladly put money of them coming nowhere near the top 4.

Seriously, who are Liverpool going to push out? They have barely got a top 6 squad, and let alone top 10 if old Luis goes away.

Your football opinions are shit

I am sure I will proven be right next season :p

If I hadn't lost quite a bit of money playing poker yesterday, I would gladly put money of them coming nowhere near the top 4.

Seriously, who are Liverpool going to push out? They have barely got a top 6 squad, and let alone top 10 if old Luis goes away.

Your football opinions are shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom