• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

So according to Twitter according to RAWK, some German and Portugese clubs, maybe Monaco, are entering the race for Aspas... despite that we already agreed a deal and everything.

He's a good player, I hope this move works out.

Yen

FWIW, I think Liverpool will improve greatly next year, assuming we manage to start breaking down those teams who seek to settle for a draw. I'm very confident when a team tries to attack Liverpool, because we can then exploit that space, thanks to MyLittleSisterIsn'tSupposedToBeThisCoutinho et al. But when teams sit back, like West Ham, West Brom we're fecked.

Edit: we need to stop being such a bloody soft touch too.

L1NETT

Arsenal had one of the worst squads they have had for a while, and still managed to finish above Spurs, despite apparently having a "worse squad".

I think people love to paint Arsenal as some sort of "crisis club" with spiralling results or something, when in reality aside from a slightly dodgy transfer policy recently they are one of the best run clubs in the world with one of the world's best managers.

If they get rid of about 6 deadbeats and bring in 2/3 quality players (Wanyaman, Jovetic and a quality striker...Negredo?), then they will comfortable finish above spurs, and have a shot at top 2.

Arsenal had one of the worst squads they have had for a while, and still managed to finish above Spurs, despite apparently having a "worse squad".

I think people love to paint Arsenal as some sort of "crisis club" with spiralling results or something, when in reality aside from a slightly dodgy transfer policy recently they are one of the best run clubs in the world with one of the world's best managers.

If they get rid of about 6 deadbeats and bring in 2/3 quality players (Wanyaman, Jovetic and a quality striker...Negredo?), then they will comfortable finish above spurs, and have a shot at top 2.

I'll agree if they bring in those players. I think though that Spurs just about have the edge when you consider that its their second season under AVB, with Vertongen, Lloris, Dempsey, Dembele and Sigurdsson being more integrated, Bale should start at a higher level than he did last season, and they have Sandro coming back.

LTWheels

So according to Twitter according to RAWK, some German and Portugese clubs, maybe Monaco, are entering the race for Aspas... despite that we already agreed a deal and everything.

He's a good player, I hope this move works out.

Nothing is guaranteed in all transfers till the official press release.

Nothing is guaranteed in all transfers till the official press release.

mikelmanutd_468x341.jpg

Kenka

I am trying to understand Evilore's very fronthead attitude about leaving Dortmund. Did someone/something there offend him deeply ? It's a serious question, after all, he has got loads of money there and an established starting place in one of Europe's top team. The difference in wage he would get by playing at Bayern would not be THAT substantial so he forgets about basic politeness, would it ?

Clegg

Afaik Lewandowski is currently earning £20k a week. I know Dortmund were offering improved terms but Bayern would have offered better.

And maybe he felt Bayern were the better team to be with in the long run.

Kenka

Afaik Lewandowski is currently earning £20k a week. I know Dortmund were offering improved terms but Bayern would have offered better.

And maybe he felt Bayern were the better team to be with in the long run.
Well, maybe the press is inflating everything also. I find it hard to believe though that Lewandowski is on £20k a week. This seems like peanuts in comparison to what Götze and others get paid.

If its Chevy funding the move then bring Ronnie home.

--------- De Gea ---------

Rafa - Jones - Vidic - Evra

----- Carrick - Strootz -------

Ronaldo -- Rooney -- Kagawa

------------- RVP ----------------

If you guys have sponsors paying specifically for players and ever even mention City's oil money, I'm gonna track down your IP adresses and bludgeon you in your sleep.

Can we please stop the "Lewandowski is only earning little money" at BVB argument? Because it doesn't make sense. Of course he doesn't earn much, it's like being surprised Kagawa didn't earn much at BVB. Both joined us as backups from minor leagues when we played for an Europa League place. Lewandowski could have earned much more for over a year now. It's his own fault/choice.

He was never to stay here. His agents' constant shit talking and Lewandowski not telling them to shut the fuck up shows me that he has never really cared for BVB. I don't think he cares too much for Bayern, either, just wants to make the next step.

kharma45

Then you can't be helped. That's a simply awful opinion. This is a guy who heavily relies on pace who will start to lose it at that age. Paying club record fees and wages for a player in decline. Great idea.

Exactly, might get two great years out of him but I worry then how he'd adapt to losing his pace. Suppose he could be trained into being a bit of a poacher or something as he'll still be strong and great in the air.

K1LLER7

If we can get Ronaldo this summer, than i'd sign him.

Chevy would want the deal done because they want a marketable player to sell these shirts. They've invested a massive amount into united with this deal and they probably see Ronaldo as being key for them in retaining that money.

Just sign Beckham, give him the #7 and watch those shirts sell.

kharma45

Getting seriously burnt here. Oops

I was sweating like a paedo in a playground walking through Belfast earlier on, bus was freezing so I stuck a jumper on and never bothered to take it off when I arrived. Rookie mistake.

If we can get Ronaldo this summer, than i'd sign him.

Chevy would want the deal done because they want a marketable player to sell these shirts. They've invested a massive amount into united with this deal and they probably see Ronaldo as being key for them in retaining that money.

Just sign Beckham, give him the #7 and watch those shirts sell.

If we could get him this summer I'd take him, next year imo might be too late if he were to leave.

Then you can't be helped. That's a simply awful opinion. This is a guy who heavily relies on pace who will start to lose it at that age. Paying club record fees and wages for a player in decline. Great idea.

By then surely we wouldn't have to pay that much money for him compared to today, a player like him won't magically turn into a shit player once he hits 30.

Kyoufu

So who is on #TeamRememberMe here? I think I'm gonna buy it. Looks like my kind of game.

Meh. Looks ok but it's out at a bad time and it's going to drop in price heavily.

I'm riding the E3 hype train until The Last of Us is out. THAT looks fucking great.

Wes

venison crêpe
"I am definitely aware that there are five clubs with serious interest in me," said Belhanda. "The president told me how much I will cost for any team that wants me.
"I have told everyone that England will be my first choice.
"Aston Villa is a great club with a big history playing in the best league in the world, so let's see what will happen."

tumblr_m9qqv40vWb1r1x67e.gif

L1NETT

Remember Me's setting looks sweet, I love that sort of stuff

But the combat system look frustrating.

Anyways, it's ALL about Company of Heroes 2 this month (sorry TLOU).

With all due respect, aren't you rather young and also not from the UK?

I mean I "hate" United, mostly in the same way I hate all of the biggest teams with the most money, but I can't claim to have some deep-rooted loathing for them because I'm American, and Liverpool were only a top team for the first 7 or 8 years of my life, well before I had any interest in professional football.

Nationality doesn't matter in club football, It would be weird if I was cheering for England and not my country in the world cup like Sviat.

"I am definitely aware that there are five clubs with serious interest in me," said Belhanda. "The president told me how much I will cost for any team that wants me.
"I have told everyone that England will be my first choice.
"Aston Villa is a great club with a big history playing in the best league in the world, so let's see what will happen."

tumblr_m9qqv40vWb1r1x67e.gif
Just came to post this! Archer gif included! I hope it happens!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom