• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perez is a moron. Ronaldo doesn't simply want a wage rise, he wants a wage rise + image rights + full backing of the club.

Ronnie was pissed when Madrid decided that campaigning for Casillas to win the Ballon D'or was a better idea than campaigning for him. When Ronaldo's demands were also denied, Perez locked himself out.

Ronaldo's agent, Jorge Mendes is too cunning I'm afraid and Perez fucked it all up. Done dotta playboys. If Madrid don't sell him this summer for big money, they will sell on the cheap next summer.... I doubt simply letting Ronaldo walk out of the door will be a better choice.

FootballFan

What a little drama queen Ronaldo is.

Wahhh wahhh they didn't vote for my ballzondorz. Wahh I want image rights. wahh I'm sad. Wahhh I want to double my wages.

Fuck off.

No, I'll watch them but Egypt is the most successful arabian country in football yet we still don't go to the world cup. I'm hopeful we'll make it into next years'. By then the spell would be broken and we'd be in each one leading to 2022!

The day Egypt qualify for the World Cup will be the day David Moyes wins away against a decent team

Wes

venison crêpe
Sara Margren @ SaraMargren2h
My water pipes understands, then, that the bid from Villa on Okore is higher and the FCN has approved. Oh so there's so much # sldk # pldk

tumblr_lrylxltnsa1qacgfco2_500.gif

I always believe a woman's water pipes.

Bo-Locks

Perez is a moron. Ronaldo doesn't simply want a wage rise, he wants a wage rise + image rights + full backing of the club.

Ronnie was pissed when Madrid decided that campaigning for Casillas to win the Ballon D'or was a better idea than campaigning for him. When Ronaldo's demands were also denied, Perez locked himself out.

Ronaldo's agent, Jorge Mendes is too cunning I'm afraid and Perez fucked it all up. Done dotta playboys. If Madrid don't sell him this summer for big money, they will sell on the cheap next summer.... I doubt simply letting Ronaldo walk out of the door will be a better choice.

I think you're right, but the situation sounds so ludicrous with egos clashing at virtually every level of the club (including Ronaldo's). Come back to Manchester and just worry about kicking a ball, Ronnie. Fuck Real Madrid.

And I agree that I'm not too enthused about the prospect of breaking massive club records to try and get him. It's not the United way. £25m for a 20 year old Wayne Rooney or £30m for a 24 year old Rio Ferdinand represents good value for money, even if they were massive fees for their day, but double that sort of money for a 29/30 year old player who relies so heavily on pace is not a good strategy. Might as well go all out to get Bale instead.

I think you're right, but the situation sounds so ludicrous with egos clashing at virtually every level of the club (including Ronaldo's). Come back to Manchester and just worry about kicking a ball, Ronnie. Fuck Real Madrid..

Well but that's Madrid right?

The cunt club, they build teams around players with big egos. That's what Madrid is all about, gotta sell those shirts and shit, who gives a shit about football over there, it's about marketing.

Only reason why they wanted to buy Neymar in the first place.

Wes

venison crêpe
IT'S JUST CHUCKING IT DOWN WITH VILLA NEWS RIGHT NOW

Bulgaria international Ivelin Popov has revealed that former Aston Villa captain Stiliyan Petrov told him about the club’s interest in signing him.

“Yes, Aston Villa are seriously interested in signing me. Stiliyan Petrov told me that. I am currently in talks with a lot of people, but let’s see what happens,” the 25-year-old Kuban Krasnodar forward told Bulgarian reporters on Wednesday, as cited by BGNES.

Popov reiterated that the Aston Villa deal is far from done.

“I have two years on my Kuban Krasnodar contract, so the transfer fee will be high. Let’s wait and see what happens,” he said.

Another Bulgarian international, 23-year-old Lech Poznan winger Aleksandar Tonev, is reportedle on the verge of signing for Aston Villa.

tumblr_mmd3t6qSIi1r75uoto1_500.gif

Yen

Oops. Didn't have a bottle opener, or anything to use in its place. Cut both my thumbs and sprayed beer all over myself. Need to shower.
Covered in blood and beer, I'm practically Andres.

FootballFan

:lol

What did Ronaldo do to you? Other than Calma.

Yeah because if anyone, let alone Messi, complained like a little bitch as Ronaldo does every season you wouldn't laugh/comment about it.

He needs to grow up. On the field and off it. Pathetic whining baby. Always has been and still is.

Might as well just watch a recording of Robinho's debut and go from there.

Hey man I'm curious as hell. I see plenty of similarities, but IT DOESN'T SHAKE MY CURIOSITY.

Also the Premier League is gonna be on fire next season. SO EXCITED FOR THAT TOO!

20 July in Poland (Wisła Kraków). Then 4 days later the Neygoat will destroy Bayern.

Oh shit lol, Messi and Neymar vs Guardiola!

Most ideal scenario is Ronaldo announces he wants to leave and then Madrid have to try desperately to keep him whilst Moyes and Wooders say things like "for sure, Ronaldo would look good in red".

That would be funny.

Yeah because if anyone, let alone Messi, complained like a little bitch as Ronaldo does every season you wouldn't laugh/comment about it.

He needs to grow up. On the field and off it. Pathetic whining baby. Always has been and still is.
At least he doesn't send the manager text messages about it looool

phaze

20 July in Poland (Wisła Kraków). Then 4 days later the Neygoat will destroy Bayern.

Woah completely missed it. Someone had to splash some serious monies for that.

Edit: Apparently Wisła can't play cause they have a league game 36 hours later. PZPN already refused to change the date. :lol

operon

Oops. Didn't have a bottle opener, or anything to use in its place. Cut both my thumbs and sprayed beer all over myself. Need to shower.
Covered in blood and beer, I'm practically Andres.

use a fork, crown caps are easy to get off, next thing you'll be chasing after donkeys

Bo-Locks

Well but that's Madrid right?

The cunt club, they build teams around players with big egos. That's what Madrid is all about, gotta sell those shirts and shit, who gives a shit about football over there, it's about marketing.

Only reason why they wanted to buy Neymar in the first place.

I know. I just think about how I would go about explaining the politics of why Ronaldo is probably on his way out of Madrid to say, a 10-year-old Real Madrid/Ronaldo fan. Shit makes no sense. Normally you could just say that a player wants to move elsewhere because of more money, a new challenge, etc.

But the most conniving sports agent on the planet, an uncontested club president, multiple players with massive egos, a departing manager (that I love) with the biggest ego in the game, all clashing over a banal individual award in a team based sport that is nothing more than a nice accolade to look back upon at the end of your career. It's just so incomprehensible not only from the sport a few decades ago, but to virtually every other club in the world to this day.

Most ideal scenario is Ronaldo announces he wants to leave and then Madrid have to try desperately to keep him whilst Moyes and Wooders say things like "for sure, Ronaldo would look good in red".

That would be funny.

Even I'd love that. Madrid and Barca need a taste of their own medicine

FootballFan

At least he doesn't send the manager text messages about it looool

At least? That makes it sound like crying about only getting payed $300,000 a week, not having full image rights, crying when your teammates don't give you perfect passes, calling every news station to let them know you are sad, calling yourself a slave when your team doesn't want to sell you etc is not as bad as texting your coach.. :lol

He is what? 30? And has been like this since forever. Needs to get over himself and think about the team for once.

In my FM13 save, Messi won the Golden Ball 10 years in a row. Even though Barcelon haven't won much...

Finally he got dethroned! Jeffrey Jansen, my 24 year old CB at Man Utd. I'm so happy!

At least? That makes it sound like crying about only getting payed $300,000 a week, not having full image rights, crying when your teammates don't give you perfect passes, calling every news station to let them know you are sad, calling yourself a slave when your team doesn't want to sell you etc is not as bad as texting your coach.. :lol

He is what? 30? And has been like this since forever. Needs to get over himself and think about the team for once.
Not everybody can take drugs and better themselves.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Nice kit for Utd this year. I think Nike this year nailed it with the kits, last years were horrible.

Clegg

I'd be disappointed if Carrick/Clev is our main midfield partnership for next season.

Clev is a decent player and I still think he can get a bit better. But he ain't the man we need for the big games.

Feorax

Roberto Martinez 3-4-3 could work very well or Everton. Baines and Coleman as wingbacks, Mirallas and Pienaar as wide forwards behind Anichebi. Fellaini and Gibson at CM.

Would probably need to invest in another centre-half or two though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom