• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.
nigri-bouncing.gif

Plastic fantastic

dc pls log out, you're banned

Yeah, I guess we'll see how it all pans out in the next few months. Txiki and Ferran want City to run a 4-3-3 at every level but Pellegrini doesn't typically use that formation. I'm sure he can adapt to doing so but we may see him in a Silva/Nasri-esque role and hanging back a bit as more of a wide CAM.

I think even if we go with a 4-2-3-1 route that Navas would still be out wide primarily and not move central like our current guys often do. I certainly hope so at least. He's apparently been forced into more of a False 9 this year due to Sevilla losing players and his numbers were down.

Yeah Pellegrini has always used 2-3-1 up front,

I would like to see Yaya-Silva-Fernandihno in the middle,

up front Navas, Dzeko (or his replacement has to be similar) and Aguero.

The middle will be a headache, you dont want to waste Yaya's potential by using him as a holding mid, maybe Garcia will take the primary #5 function and have Silva, Yaya, Fernan rotate.

Meier

Who is actually making these City transfers? I imagine Pellgrini has some input already?
Cheeky is making the transfers but I'm sure there has been discussion with Pellegrini. Navas said he's been set on City for 4 months -- I know the Pellegrini rumors started in February but it's hard to say if he influenced that one.

Sky Italia reported about a month ago that the Fernandinho deal was done in January although that could be just them talking shit. At the time, Fernandinho said he'd be playing football in Manchester next. He's a great player though regardless of whether Pellegrini was involved so I'm sure he'll be thrilled. I can't imagine Javi Garcia or Gareth Barry will be on the team next season now though.

Your Giantbomb review guide

Jeff Gerstmann = ?

Ryan Davis = Subtract 2 (ALWAYS)

Brad Shoemaker = Subtract 1 (Not always)

Patrick Klepek = ?

Alex Navarro = ?

L1NETT

Haha Polygon gave TLOU a 7.5. Here we go and all that...

Matt Lees sums it up.

Seems @Polygon have given The Last of Us a 7.5, after earlier this week giving Remember Me an 8/10. Best parody website ever

Randdalf

I don't know what the right word is for people that don't take review scores seriously or get angry at them because they don't meet some expectation they had after consuming all the PR for a game.

faridmon

First priority regarding the summer transfer: Heitenga out and sell Fellaini for maximum profit.

0.5 priority; Keep Baines.... PLease!

GorillaJu

7.5 is a good score. Anything above 7 generally means its worth playing, and then its up to you whether you like it or not.

None of my favorite games of the generation averaged above 85 on Metacritic, except Persona 4.

Looking at it from a distance, Polygon do honestly seem a little bit dodgy from the number of threads that are created for their antics. Doubt it has any bearing on their review for TLoU though, seems the reviewer just wanted something with more unique gameplay.

Scum

Looking at it from a distance, Polygon do honestly seem a little bit dodgy from the number of threads that are created for their antics. Doubt it has any bearing on their review for TLoU though, seems the reviewer just wanted something with more unique gameplay.
Hits. They're going to get a shitload. That's why they've done it. ;-)

;)

If the table of prophecy is right, it's time for an English team to win the CL next season.

I'm sure no one outside of England would hate on us if we do, right? :p

They've got a really scummy staff of writers.

Clegg

So what will City be lining out as next season?

----------------------Hart

Zabaleta-----Kompany---Nastasic-----Clichy

-----Fernandinho----Toure-----Nasri?

Navas----------------------------------------------Silva

---------------------Aguero

Nasri is the only player that I'm unsure of. You could stick Barry or Milner in there for some extra solidity if you wanted.

Or City could easily go out and buy another cm. It still looks like a decent team though.

Arnie

There's always a 45 minute wait to get a cut in my hairdressers. My throats feeling all funky, too.

But hey, we're after the MKH so I'll stay positive.

L1NETT

Same situation as Uncharted 3.

Looking back at that thread is gold. When people love a developer and are hyped for a game, do they take a 7/8 as an insult or something?

Edit: Sup Arnie.

Nasri is the only player that I'm unsure of. You could stick Barry or Milner in there for some extra solidity if you wanted.

Or City could easily go out and nu another cm. It still looks like a decent team though.
Nasri will be Isco

Wes

venison crêpe

Or City could easily go out and nu another cm. It still looks like a decent team though.

I highly doubt Nasri is in the starting XI by the end of the window.

Anyone feels that playing Aguero in the middle, kinda limits the potential of Navas?

I can see Aguero as a LF, but for Navas to shine he needs someone like Dzeko.

Meier

Nasri will be Isco

Yeah, something like that (Clegg plus your addition of Isco over Nasri) sounds likely. I think we'll sell either Tevez or Dzeko.. there really won't be room for both of them still on the squad. Tevez has 1 less year on his deal but is the player I'd prefer. However, Dzeko's height can be a huge advantage especially with Navas serving up crosses (although he's really good at the ground cross which doesn't necessarily require a target man) so it may be that he fits in better than Tevez.

You think so?

He's more of an attacking player though. I suppose he could play at the point of a 3 man midfield.
Fernandinho and Yaya is gonna be a formidable CM pairing. Will have most games on lock. Isco will be free to do his thing.

Real Madrid plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom