• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

This is what the Mirror says btw. Story is from 23 minutes ago:

%C2%A3%C2%A3%C2%A3-Fernandinho-has-his-medical-at-a-Manchester-hospital-1933638.jpg

Fernandinho has arrived at Manchester City for a medical this afternoon ahead of a £22million move from Shakhtar Donetsk.

The 28-year-old midfielder is at the Ethiad to complete the planned transfer, which comes only days after Jesus Navas became Manuel Pellegrini's first signing .

The Brazilian helped Shakhtar to the Ukrainian title last season and will form part of Manchester City's new midfield designed to take back the Premier League title from their city rivals.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...ester-city-transfer-news-fernandinho-1933659?

Pretty sure Sky Sports' sources are full of shit this time. I wouldn't be surprised if it's in between the two numbers though.

Zabojnik

Damn, that's an absurd amount of money for a player in his last competitive season. He's 28 and he's brazilian. We all know how they are. /bacon

Tc91

This is what the Mirror says btw. Story is from 23 minutes ago:

Pretty sure Sky Sports' sources are full of shit this time. I wouldn't be surprised if it's in between the two numbers though.

Banned paper is also running with £22m.

Wes

venison crêpe
@OliverKayTimes 17m
Kenwright on Martinez: "Almost his first words to me were 'I'll get you into the Champions League.'"

Robbie, what were you thinking.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I don't even know who Fernandinho is lol

edit: 28 years old fucking lol, Txiki being Txiki.

Meier

You know you're shit when Denilson has more brazil caps than you.

Shakhtar have a ton of great Brazilians and have had them for years but they often get overlooked for the NT selection since they're half the world away. He said he wanted to move to a major team in England to help his chances at making the World Cup squad next year. A good season at Man City would definitely help.

Meier

I don't even know who Fernandinho is lol

edit: 28 years old fucking lol, Txiki being Txiki.

He's been great in the league and the UCL for Shakhtar for many years now. It's a fantastic signing really.

LOL @ his wiki edit:

Manchester City[edit]

On the 5th of June 2013 Fernandinho Manchested City signed Fernandinho for a fee of £34 million. He went on to state about his love for 'money'.

It is believed the 28-year old was heavily motivated by money, hence his move to Manchester City. He will now be deployed onto the bench on a regular basis, following the footsteps of Samir Nasri."

L1NETT

Top 10. If they're lucky.

Hmmmmmm

I trust Martinez to get Everton into the Top 10.

He has the transfer savvy to be fruitful at Everton. Moyes also had a fair few stinkers.

Edit: Please sell Rodwell and Sinclair. They are good players, I hope for the national side's sake they are allowed to develop rather than benchwarming.

Hmmmmmm

I trust Martinez to get Everton into the Top 10.

He has the transfer savvy to be fruitful at Everton. Moyes also had a fair few stinkers.

Edit: Please sell Rodwell and Sinclair. They are good players, I hope for the national side's sake they are allowed to develop rather than benchwarming.

Sinclair will never be good enough for England, even in our current state.

Meier

Shit, it only costs me €7.

Short back and sides. Done.

:O Wow, I go to two different barber shops here and I can't get a cut for less than $18 (so $21-$22 after a tip). One of them throws in a free beer though (shame I don't like beer...).

Sinclair isn't fit right now but I think he'll go this summer. Rodwell will stay. He really played well at the tail end of last season and I expect him to get decent minutes. I think Garcia will be sold and Barry will have to accept a reduced contract and significantly reduced minutes as well if he wants to stick around.

L1NETT

You think Garcia will go? Interesting.

Hitch, I agree but I would rather see English players playing. Don't really mind if they aren't instant choices, but the more competition for national places the better.

Zabojnik

"Juve have an agreement with Tevez." In the past three years we've had agreements with every fucking player there is. Most agreeable club in the world.

Meier

You think Garcia will go? Interesting.

Could possibly stick around or go out on loan, but there's a lot of people fighting for positions and I don't think he'd want to sit on the bench often during what should be the prime of his career. I thought he was fine this season... looked very good at times, and very average at times. Barry is a guy you'd like to keep around the club and he's much older so I think he'd understand a reduced role.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
@barcastuff
Barcelona plan to sign Monchengladbach goalkeeper Marc-Andre ter Stegen (21) this summer. Transfer of Reina depends on exit Valdes. [md]

:)

@barcastuff
Barcelona look for tall, fast, and not too expesive centre back with CL experience. Valencia players Mathieu and Rami are options. [md]

:(

Meier

I like reading comments like this although it also makes me kinda sad. I know how I'd feel if someone like a Kompany left.

I'm a fan of FC Shakhtar Donetsk. I'm from Ukraine. Ferna, one of Europe's best at his position. Guys, you'll be lucky if the deal goes through. but for us it's a huge loss. Thank you Ferna, over the years. Good luck and new victories

- a_ch , donetsk, Ukraine, 05/6/2013 16:34

Fernandinho is a beast. Of course the fee is too high but I don't think Donetsk wants him to leave, so it only makes sense to get a good chunk of the release clause for Donetsk.

I think he could improve City a lot and money doesn't matter to them, so why not?

I like reading comments like this although it also makes me kinda sad. I know how I'd feel if someone like a Kompany left.

What a pansy

How fans should react when players leave:

Fuck off then you disloyal little cunt. Ooh, look at me, too good to play in the Championship, I want to play for Barcelona. You're shit anyway.

How the fuck are we going to replace him?'

Meier

Fernandinho is a beast. Of course the fee is too high but I don't think Donetsk wants him to leave, so it only makes sense to get a good chunk of the release clause for Donetsk.

I posted about it yesterday, but they're apparently set to sign Fernando (Gremio) and Wellington Nem (Fluminense) who are both excellent, young players for less than they'll get for Fernandinho and HM individually. Their Brazilian pipeline is incredible.

qindarka

Banned
Uh oh, Fady is stepping to RedIssue on Twitter :lol

How reliable are RedIssue anyway? I have heard that say certain things about United and Mourinho.

I've been following another Twitter account, BlueTintedGaz who also have very interesting things to say about the subject. Again, no idea of how much truth there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom