• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

So what will City be lining out as next season?

----------------------Hart

Zabaleta-----Kompany---Nastasic-----Clichy

-----Fernandinho----Toure-----Sinclair

Navas----------------------------------------------Silva

---------------------Aguero

Nasri is the only player that I'm unsure of. You could stick Barry or Milner in there for some extra solidity if you wanted.

Or City could easily go out and buy another cm. It still looks like a decent team though.

bjaelke

Yeah, something like that (Clegg plus your addition of Isco over Nasri) sounds likely. I think we'll sell either Tevez or Dzeko.. there really won't be room for both of them still on the squad. Tevez has 1 less year on his deal but is the player I'd prefer. However, Dzeko's height can be a huge advantage especially with Navas serving up crosses (although he's really good at the ground cross which doesn't necessarily require a target man) so it may be that he fits in better than Tevez.

Tevez to Juve

http://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.i...-verso-la-juve-accordo-con-il-giocatore.shtml

Fernandinho and Yaya is gonna be a formidable CM pairing. Will have most games on lock. Isco will be free to do his thing.

Real Madrid plz.

I kind of want them to improve. It will force Moyes to go full muppet. Or he may not and they will crush us.

jnmNcMK8C5Bws.jpg

Wes

venison crêpe
Aston Villa have a genius media department. Just look at this hashtag advertising the new kit launch:

947008_583143071729766_1878438367_n.jpg

Clegg

So is Nasri, but you put him there.

I only put Nasri there because I couldn't think of anyone else :p

None of Rodwell/Garcia/Barry/Milner offer enough attacking thrust to go with Fernandinho and Barry. A midfield of those two plus one of the above 4 is just a little too negative.

As Viva said, Fernandinho and Yaya will have dominance over most midfields. Having a more creative player in the middle would do a lot of good for them.

If Nasri ever got back to his Arsenal form then he'd be an asset to them.

Arnie

Can't be arsed with RAWK, how are things looking on the Papa, Ilori and Matcylanchryncski fronts?

Benteke's hair has been drawn on
Echo saying MKH is dependent on Suarez (fuck it, sell him), and Guardian wrote a piece the other day saying Papa wants to join us. Delays over Papa could be about his knee though, we'll see. Got no clue about Ilori.

Fucking hell they're slow in this gaf. Just want a trim and ill be waiting about an hour and a half.

Meier

Echo saying MKH is dependent on Suarez (fuck it, sell him), and Guardian wrote a piece the other day saying Papa wants to join us. Delays over Papa could be about his knee though, we'll see. Got no clue about Ilori.

Fucking hell they're slow in this gaf. Just want a trim and ill be waiting about an hour and a half.
You picked a bad time to go. It's a sunny day, everyone wants a haircut to give themselves a confidence boost before they go to the park.

How much do you pay btw? And is it a barbers or a "hair salon".

My barber charges me £9 now. Crazy.

Do you mean he'll only come if Suarez stays, or we'll only pay the necessary for him if Suarez leaves?

bjaelke

Daniel B. @dan_bu
Leverkusen on verge of signing Hamburg's Heung-Min Son, according to Kicker. Should also allow Andre Schürrle to leave for Chelsea now.

Get Football News @GetFootballNews
Liverpool are close to finalising a big-money offer to lure Hamburg's youngster Son Heung-Min to Anfield. (The Korea times) #LFC

By "close/verge" they mean they got no fucking clue.

Clegg

I have high hopes for Welbeck next season.

Just needs to become more composed inside the box. He has the physical attributes to be a good player and his contribution to our build up play his generally been good.

Can't score for shit though.

Daniel B. @dan_bu
Leverkusen on verge of signing Hamburg's Heung-Min Son, according to Kicker. Should also allow Andre Schürrle to leave for Chelsea now.

Get Football News @GetFootballNews
Liverpool are close to finalising a big-money offer to lure Hamburg's youngster Son Heung-Min to Anfield. (The Korea times) #LFC

By "close/verge" they mean they got no fucking clue.

The Korea times :lol

Arnie

You picked a bad time to go. It's a sunny day, everyone wants a haircut to give themselves a confidence boost before they go to the park.

How much do you pay btw? And is it a barbers or a "hair salon".

My barber charges me £9 now. Crazy.
Yea I've fucked it.

Salon. £15. Paying out my arse for it.

Do you mean he'll only come if Suarez stays, or we'll only pay the necessary for him if Suarez leaves?
We'll only buy him if we get the money from Suarez. I think we can improve the squad with £50 million beyond what Suarez gives us.

Yen

Just needs to become more composed inside the box. He has the physical attributes to be a good player and his contribution to our build up play his generally been good.

I actually like Welbeck. Pacy, can beat a man but his finishing...

GorillaJu

Yea I've fucked it.

We'll only buy him if we get the money from Suarez. I think we can improve the squad with £50 million beyond what Suarez gives us.

The Guardian seemed pretty confident in their claim that Mkhitaryan doesn't depend on Suarez going or staying. It's not like FSG have withheld money in the past (other than the Dempsey transfer). I think they're very willing to splurge on real talent. Remember that before Sahin flopped there were reports from good sources that the owners had promised Rodgers money for a permanent transfer.

That said the Echo is pretty solid as well. I'll just believe what I want to believe thank you very much.

If he spends long enough in training working on his shooting he'll turn into a great player, his natural instincts are fantastic for a young player, he's always making threatening runs at the right time and has the pace for it.

Walshy

The Mirror (not very reputable, I know) seem to think that we already had a £35m budget without selling anyone. If you account that Skrtel, Carroll and Suarez all seem to be on the way out of the club, Rodgers could have quite alot to spend to improve the squad.

Yea I've fucked it.

That's the kind of mental stuff you do when you finish exams. I'm gonna start going to a salon when I start work. I heard they offer you a cup of tea #ballin

Big fuck off Toblerone is £3 at Asda. Get on it chaps.

Should be played as an inside forward. He has the skills.

Meier

If he spends long enough in training working on his shooting he'll turn into a great player, his natural instincts are fantastic for a young player, he's always making threatening runs at the right time and has the pace for it.

Yeah, I think he's a good player who had a down season. He's a constant threat -- whether or not he's able to act on that consistently remains to be seen, but his pace means that the defense has to react and that's always a good thing. I think he'll get back to double digits next year.

Tc91

I always go to the salon when I go for a haircut. Really nice one in the village just around the corner.

Wet cut is around £22 or something. Head massage when they wash your hair, Viva and Arnie you're missing out lads.

Bill Kenwright - 'Roberto said, almost the first words he said to me, he said 'I'll get you into the Champions League'

Good luck with that knobends, there are more than 3 good teams in the league now.

Yeah, I think he's a good player who had a down season. He's a constant threat -- whether or not he's able to act on that consistently remains to be seen, but his pace means that the defense has to react and that's always a good thing. I think he'll get back to double digits next year.

I appreciate all his closing down but sometimes I feel it's at the expense of him finding space for attacking phases.

operon

I always go to the salon when I go for a haircut. Really nice one in the village just around the corner.

Wet cut is around £22 or something. Head massage when they wash your hair, Viva and Arnie you're missing out lads.

Considering Arnie likes walking around in a expensive dapper coat I thought he's be all for expensive haircuts with free lattes etc

Clegg

Oliver Kay Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes 1m

Kenwright on possible Everton sales: "One player [that'll be Fellaini] has an escape clause. The others are not for sale"
Come to Moysey, Marouane.

Meier

I hope that figure is false.

Me too. That'd be as much as Aguero despite him (Fernandinho) being 5 years older at the time of the transfer. Every article before has indicated £25m which still seems high to me.

Well Marca was saying around 50 million euros so I guess it is true.

His buyout clause is 50m euro (£40.5m) but he said he was mislead by the chairman when he signed his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom