• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Gamespot gave it an 8 and Polygon gave it 7.5

They're the worst scores for the game afaik.

You're right. That Meta score over 49 critics is absolutely amazing, did not expect this tbh.

DSLikQA.png

Redknapp: I'll quit if board interfere over transfers

As if he's done anything to prove that he can be trusted at all to play it smart for the club in even the medium term. I wouldn't trust the twat with my lunch money if I was his chairman.

He was utter dogshite last season regardless of the position they were in when he took over.

Arnie

To be fair, Martinez is used to having a chairmen that can't keep his mouth shut.

But Champions League aspirations...

loooooollllll

How reliable are RedIssue anyway? I have heard that say certain things about United and Mourinho.

I've been following another Twitter account, BlueTintedGaz who also have very interesting things to say about the subject. Again, no idea of how much truth there is.
In my experience RI is the most reliable source for United news.

The people who run it are very hard headed though and tbh, just plain offensive.

But yeah they seem to be first to alot of MUFC stories. In the past people from within the club, like Froggie, would give them regular interviews and snippets of info but they've burned most of those bridges now.

bjaelke

Sky Sports News @SkySportsNews
Goalkeeper Maarten Stekelenburg has completed his move to Fulham from AS Roma and has signed a four-year deal #ssn

They landed him for just €4.5m.

GQman2121

Banned
Navas and Fernandinho (who)?

What the fuck is wrong at City lol

Why? Both are quality players. Of course it means they'll either have to let a few players go to make way, or their bench is going to be even more crowded than normal.

So is the £34m for Fernandinho confirmed? That is a large number for a player that I don't necessary think City need. He did boss us over two legs of the group stage last year, but I don't know. Are they still in for Isco?

Why? Both are quality players. Of course it means they'll either have to let a few players go to make way, or their bench is going to be even more crowded than normal.

So is the £34m for Fernandinho confirmed? That is a large number for a player that I don't necessary think City need. He did boss us over two legs of the group stage last year, but I don't know. Are they still in for Isco?
Price isn't confirmed, may well never be, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's near that with add-ons.

Shakthar were very reluctant to sell, not sure they would have suddenly decided to accept almost half of the release clause. Also Txixi has a record of paying whatever it takes to get the deal done so I wouldn't be surprised if he sanctioned a fee which is a little bit alarming.

I think it's a really good signing for them though, you say it's not needed but apart from Yaya their CM is very poor. Yaya himself can be a luxury player. Fernandinho will offer another option and may also spur Yaya to perform more consistently. At £30m, maybe more it's alot of money for a player of his age but purely in terms of adding somebody to the squad I think that's a really smart signing.

K1LLER7

Wonder what the price will be.

I'm not hyped but it's much needed. He's good with potential to be great. Also he isn't a pussy which helps.

Lets hope this doesn't change. I think he'll help make our midfield solid, but I think he may be too similar to Carrick. I want a fluid midfield, one where the players are always moving and looking for space. Thiago pls.

For the fee, i'm guessing around £17M. That's the rumoured figure. What does your source say?

pulga

Banned
For Fernandinho, proven Champs league quality?

And Navas, like 300 games for Sevilla and has won the WC and Euros.

Don't tell me you think both of them are unproven.

He won those WC and Euros as much as Valdes did. Which means he did jackshit.

Dibbz

@barcastuff
Barcelona look for tall, fast, and not too expesive centre back with CL experience. Valencia players Mathieu and Rami are options. [md]

:(

Let Abidal go

Looks for player who is like Abidal.

Whoever is in charge over there is brain dead.

GQman2121

Banned
Price isn't confirmed, may well never be, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's near that with add-ons.

Shakthar were very reluctant to sell, not sure they would have suddenly decided to accept almost half of the release clause. Also Txixi has a record of paying whatever it takes to get the deal done so I wouldn't be surprised if he sanctioned a fee which is a little bit alarming.

I think it's a really good signing for them though, you say it's not needed but apart from Yaya their CM is very poor. Yaya himself can be a luxury player. Fernandinho will offer another option and may also spur Yaya to perform more consistently. At £30m, maybe more it's alot of money for a player of his age but purely in terms of adding somebody to the squad I think that's a really smart signing.

I think it's a luxury signing, but one that absolutely makes them better. He'll give them more options to play around with regarding shape. Barry, Milner, Rodwell and Javi are all going to have to battle for minutes.

I still think they'll sign a wide player too.

I think it's a luxury signing, but one that absolutely makes them better. He'll give them more options to play around with regarding shape. Barry, Milner, Rodwell and Javi are all going to have to battle for minutes.

I still think they'll sign a wide player too.
Well apparently they're going to be shipping a number of players out so I guess at least one of those you mentioned won't even be there come the start of the season.

Anyone watching the opening match of the U-21 Euro? It's incredible how Norway aren't winning this. They've hit the post twice, missed a couple of great chances but the game is 1-1 with Israel doing nothing to deserve it and they will be playing the whole second part with one more player after Norway's LB got a straight red.

Lets hope this doesn't change. I think he'll help make our midfield solid, but I think he may be too similar to Carrick. I want a fluid midfield, one where the players are always moving and looking for space. Thiago pls.

For the fee, i'm guessing around £17M. That's the rumoured figure. What does your source say?
Woodward was busy.

Just told me Strootz will come after u21's.

I hope it's not more than £17m.

Republic of Ireland international defender Richard Dunne has been released by Aston Villa.

Eric Lichaj, Andy Marshall, Jean Makoun and Simon Dawkins have also been released.

I thought Lichaj was still playing at some point? Maybe I am wrong, didn't really pay attention to Villa often :lol

Meier

Anyone watching the opening match of the U-21 Euro? It's incredible how Norway aren't winning this. They've hit the post twice, missed a couple of great chances but the game is 1-1 with Israel doing nothing to deserve it and they will be playing the whole second part with one more player after Norway's LB got a straight red.

City have a couple kids on that Norway team. Abdi Ibrahim and Omar Elabdellaoui. I see Eyal Golasa is on Israel's squad.. he was a nice signing in FM a few years back but it doesn't look like he's made the jump yet. Nir Biton was a City trialist last summer. Pretty solid player.. looked good in a few friendlies.

Arnie

Our scouts aren't at the tournament because half our squad is already playing there.

We're too busy crossing the i's, dotting the t's, and circling the o's on Mkhitaryan and Papadopolous.

Clegg

Assuming Viva isn't trolling then we're signing Strootman.

Would this make a possible move for Fellaini less likely to happen? We probably won't play with three in midfield next season and you'd imagine that Fellaini or Strootman would be left on the bench coz Carrick isn't going to be dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom