• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nick and Norahs Infinite Playlist is a good movie.

I will fight anyone who disagrees.

Obligatory:

indie-as-fuck.jpg

Edit: I could have sworn I read this post few weeks ago

Shit this happened before!

FootballFan

Why is it that as I get older I'm starting to actually get proud of the size of my shits. Like I just dropped a deuce that I feel accomplished about. It evacuated fully in about 2 seconds literally. I thought it was just a tiny little clump and I'd feel heavy for the rest of the day but it was a MONSTER and now I feel light and like I can take on the world.

Dogs are lucky. They get to show it off every time they shit and someone actually follows them around with a plastic bag to pick it up. Lord almighty that's the life.

Definitely afer dark times here. :lol

Haha, unfortunate username :p

Just finished watching GoT

O___O

Next week the last episode?

Yep, wait for March 2014 for more episodes or start reading the books. Easy choice. :)

Damn that's a long break ;_;

No 'GoT' and no 'Person of Interest'.

Regarding the books, on the wiki it says there are 7 books(?). Wonder how long it'll take for the tv series to catch up.

3 years to catch up I reckon. The producers and executives must be wondering what the fuck they're going to do at that point. They can't wait, because the actors will age, but for the show to go past the state of play in the books would be silly and imo detract from the books.

Also, anyone else find that Netflix episode descriptions give far too much away? They describe the events that occur halfway through the episode they pertain to.

K1LLER7

3 years to catch up I reckon. The producers and executives must be wondering what the fuck they're going to do at that point. They can't wait, because the actors will age, but for the show to go past the state of play in the books would be silly and imo detract from the books.

Also, anyone else find that Netflix episode descriptions give far too much away? They describe the events that occur halfway through the episode they pertain to.
If that's the case then they might start to move away from the books. I hope they don't though.

Did you read the books first or have you just watched the show?
I'm thinking of starting the books but are they any better than watching the show.

Also, how much of the books does the tv series cover?

Meier

Well season 4 is going to be half of book 3. I wouldn't be shocked if they try and turn books 4 and 5 into 3 total seasons but even if they don't, hopefully book 6 will be out by 2016.. :| Obviously no way that Book 7 will be out by the time the show catches up.

Updated Tevez to Juve rumors:

Now, according to Sport Mediaset, the Premier League side want around €15 million for the 29-year-old Argentinian, which is a fee Juve are happy to pay and thus are hoping to complete the transfer soon.

It is also thought Tevez has agreed a €7 million a year three season deal with the Bianconeri.
http://forzaitalianfootball.com/2013/06/juventus-agree-e15-million-fee-for-manchester-city-striker/?

Will be sad if he leaves but it seems inevitable. :(

GorillaJu

Does anyone else feel something nasty inside when people make thread titles that sound like they're corporate PR? Ugh I just hate that shit on independent fora.

Bran could already take Coutinho in a fight

Want to make a joke about Moyes fighting a White Walker but he'd probably just get mistaken for one and passed over.

Bran could already take Coutinho in a fight

Christ, he'd murder Shinji 'less body strength and balance than a drunk version of Samuel L Jackson's character from Unbreakable' Kagawa then

@Killer, only seen bits of the show when my bro's been watching. I much prefer to read books and get an image in my head, and seeing it adapted to screen ruins it a bit. Same happened with LotR and Harry Potter, especially the latter as the films started halfway through the series. The characters and locations from the film start replacing the ones I had in my imagination-box, and it partially impedes on my enjoyment.

Less so with GoT, as I feel the Harry Potter series goes than it further towards conjuring an image that would be different between each reader.

GorillaJu

^ I generally agree. Occasionally media comes around where I like both the movie and the book, but generally speaking I pick one and don't bother with the other unless I was dissatisfied but heard it was good.

Case in point: No Country for Old Men. Read the mediocre book, then watched the incredible movie. In the case of GOT, I like the show enough that I have no interest in the books.

*sigh* rumors saying that Capello will once again leave out Dzagoev out of the starting lineup against Portugal on Friday.

Rumoured Lineup: bolded dat Zenit

--------------------Akinfeev--------------------
Anyukov-Ignashevich-Berezutski-Kombarov
---------------Denisov-Shirokov---------------
Bystrov------------Faizulin------------Zhirkov
-------------------Kerzhakov-------------------

I'm honestly thinking that Dzagoev must have fucked Capello's daughter or something. Faizulin offers nothing that Dzagoev doesn't, except a lack of creativity. At least Dzaga will go join the Euro u21 team for the last two group games. Maybe he'll get some playing time there!

FootballFan

If that's the case then they might start to move away from the books. I hope they don't though.

Did you read the books first or have you just watched the show?
I'm thinking of starting the books but are they any better than watching the show.

Also, how much of the books does the tv series cover?

The books are much better.

The main story is covered on the TV series but it misses a lot of details and history. I don't blame them because there'd be no way to fit it all in.

In other words, the books are Messi/Maradona/Pele. And the TV series is Ronaldo/Henry/Iniesta/Pirlo etc. Probably even a bigger gap in quality than that tbh.

This is, of course, my opinion.

Watch this video, she covers things in the books that are barely mentioned in the show but are important to know. Book spoilers obviously.

GorillaJu

The books are still just dumb fantasy and firmly part of a genre that I will never read. They aren't "better" because the show misses details - it's part of the medium. That's the same thing my mother argues when she claims books are better than their movie counterparts. Of course they have detail and exposition. They're books.

The details are removed or changed on purpose to make the show better fit its medium.

Tim, No Country for Old Men had good parts. I read it twice, the second time because I had nothing else to read at the time. It's okay. I would even venture to say that I liked it.

jtb

Banned
The books are still just dumb fantasy and firmly part of a genre that I will never read. They aren't "better" because the show misses details - it's part of the medium. That's the same thing my mother argues when she claims books are better than their movie counterparts. Of course they have detail and exposition. They're books.

The details are removed or changed on purpose to make the show better fit its medium.

Tim, No Country for Old Men had good parts. I read it twice, the second time because I had nothing else to read at the time. It's okay. I would even venture to say that I liked it.

Agreed. Complaints about changes from the source material in any adaptation misses the point, imo. If you want to experience the book again, the book still exists.

FootballFan

The books are better, show is fantastic. The end.

Have you read Blood Meridian yet? Because if your comments are being made relative to the shadow it casts over the rest of McCarthy's work, I could see where you're coming from.

GorillaJu

Have you read Blood Meridian yet? Because if your comments are being made relative to the shadow it casts over the rest of McCarthy's work, I could see where you're coming from.

No I haven't. I just didn't think it was a great book is all. The every-other-chapter monologue being changed from the protagonist's introspection alone to quotes said by various characters in the movie was a really brilliant change, IMO. The parts that were tense as hell in the movie were also extremely tense in the book, but the message was better portrayed in the movie and not so heavy handed as it was in the novel.

Okay, that's fair enough; I only objected to you saying it was mediocre. I think it's "just" very good myself. The film is of similar quality, obviously.

Crap from the papers today include...

Rooney to stay at United
Hulk and Markovic to Chelsea
40m price tag on Benteke
Juve will go for Tevez if they miss out on Jovetic
Aresnal looking at Alaba, who the Sun claim is a 'utility' player lol! Also linked to Ginter (I signed him on FM)

subtles

€60m signing on fee for Ronnie if he runs down his contract? Is there even an iota of truth in this?

Edit: LoL. Read the title of the Bosman thread and immediately assumed footy, lol.

rodvik

Crap from the papers today include...

Rooney to stay at United
Hulk and Markovic to Chelsea
40m price tag on Benteke
Juve will go for Tevez if they miss out on Jovetic
Aresnal looking at Alaba, who the Sun claim is a 'utility' player lol! Also linked to Ginter (I signed him on FM)

And the fucking rest.

:)

Do you guys think Sony will go with a form of DRM other than just incorporating online passes as a system feature?

I've been thinking, that surely Microsoft wouldn't go through that great length of making sure second hand games are undesirable unless they know Sony are with them! Right?

Kenka

On one page on GAF, we got:
AoAJerkOff.gif

2,w=583,c=0.bild.jpeg

ibdvWDOsNdVpc4.gif

398_10151659723012259_69799673_n.jpg

Honestly, you guys don't fear of altering you psyche by shuffling images with vastly different appeal repeatedly all day long ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom