• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

969150_10151525862809387_636720126_n.jpg

bjaelke

Napoli are going for Skrtel, Kuyt and Pennant. Can't see them taking Papa from us.

Also they're not going for Pennant. I made that up.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Look at this sexy motherfucker. Already wearing black & white. <3 Juventus Stadium female attendance increase: +30%

llorente2.gif

Most beautiful team in the world.
He seems really excited, I love it!

He'll arrive to us earlier than expected since he won't be going to the Confederations Cup.

Meier

The Times are saying City have confirmed the £34m fee for Fernandinho.

That's terrible business by City.

It does seem entirely excessive but I guess if they feel like he's worth it, then it is what it is.

The sheikhs are crying their eyes out over it I'm sure.

:lol

Sky are saying Pellegrini announced on Monday or early next week. Just make it official for fuck's sake..

qindarka

Banned
City aren't messing about this summer. If the reported fees are true, they have already spent over 50 million for Navas and Fernandinho with probably another 50 million+ for Cavani. Title favorites for sure.

Wilbur

Banned
34m loooooooooooooool Garcia and Rodwell must be fucking fuming. And De Rossi must feel undervalued.

City. You're so... massive.

Clegg

City aren't messing about this summer. If the reported fees are true, they have already spent over 50 million for Navas and Fernandinho with probably another 50 million+ for Cavani. Title favorites for sure.
Calm down.

Just wait until United and Chelsea make a few signings before declaring City favourites.

Apparently Paulo Fonseca will be the next Porto manager. He had a brilliant season last year putting Paços de Ferreira on 3rd place and giving them the opportunity to play the CL qualification.
It´s interesting that Vitor Pereira was always hated by the fans even after winning 2 league titles with only 1 single league defeat in 2 years.

Hixx

I think City could sign Messi, Ronaldo, Cavani and any other number of megastars and they'd still be boring as shit. They are like the Norwich of the nouveau riche clubs to me.

I think City could sign Messi, Ronaldo, Cavani and any other number of megastars and they'd still be boring as shit. They are like the Norwich of the nouveau riche clubs to me.

Norwich will blow everyone away next season with the power of Wolfswinkel. Miss you already, Ricky...

Zabojnik

He seems really excited, I love it!

He'll arrive to us earlier than expected since he won't be going to the Confederations Cup.

That's fantastic news, actually. Dem Conte lessons.

He is going to end up with the dumb fucks at Milan. I read that Petrachi is trying to get Nocerino on loan and a few other players on co ownership for Ogbonna, Cerci, and cash.

8 mil plus Immobile is a fucking joke. so fuck rube

I'm sorry Timulove, but Ogbonna's not worth more than 15M€. Dude's, what, 25, plays for Toro and is not even a stable national team member. He's a pretty good and I'd love to have him join us, but let's be real here. 8M€ + Immobile isn't a bad deal, imo.

He's probably Milan bound though, yeah.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/mj-laughing.gif[IMG]

He is going to end up with the [B]dumb fucks[/B] at Milan. I read that Petrachi is trying to get Nocerino on loan and a few other players on co ownership for Ogbonna, Cerci, and cash.

8 mil plus Immobile is a fucking joke. so fuck rube[/QUOTE]

Says the guy who supports Torino.

Anyway, I don't think we're going to get Ogbonna, from what I've ready in the past few days Galliani isn't after him anymore, and he'll probably end up at Juventus. We've bought Zapata, Jherson Vergara is probably going to play some friendlies during the summer to see if he's actually Milan material and that's pretty much it. As usual, we'll wait until the last two weeks of August before looking for a bargain.

He came right after AVB, the most loved and successful manager at Porto after Mourinho. Most people felt he was just keeping up with the team AVB had already created. It become a popular joke after his first league title that Porto could even win the league without having a real manager. Adding to that the less than stellar European campaigns in 11/12 and 12/13, the fact this last league title was more lost by Benfica than actually won by Porto and the sometimes confusing dialogue on the press conferences.

He came right after AVB, the most loved and successful manager at Porto after Mourinho. Most people felt he was just keeping up with the team AVB had already created. It become a popular joke after his first league title that Porto could even win the league without having a real manager. Adding to that the less than stellar European campaigns in 11/12 and 12/13, the fact this last league title was more lost by Benfica than actually won by Porto and the sometimes confusing dialogue on the press conferences.

Did you just answer your own question? :p

This is why Porto succeeds, they got the balls to do what must be done. They don't stick with Managers that have failed several times before and offer them millionaire contracts with millionaire bonuses on top to please the voters...

They do what must be done even if it means getting rid of a manager they just hired 1 week before a league starts has it has happened in the past.

Like you said, losing to Malaga like that was inexcusable, and that's where the big money is made.

Tc91

David de Gea, Martín Montoya, Bartra, Íñigo Martínez, Moreno, Illarramendi, Thiago Alcântara, Isco, Muniain, Tello, Rodrigo.

Dat team.

Did you just answer your own question? :p

This is why Porto succeeds, they got the balls to do what must be done. They don't stick with Managers that have failed several times before and offer them millionaire contracts with millionaire bonuses on top to please the voters...

They do what must be done even if it means getting rid of a manager they just hired 1 week before a league starts has it has happened in the past.

Like you said, losing to Malaga like that was inexcusable, and that's where the big money is made.

No, I said it was interesting to me that he was so hated but I can definitely see the reasons for that. But hey, remember who I support. The guy who gave us two Portuguese Cups, two Super Cups and three straight second places is like a God to me. I´m still annoyed we fired him, it´s all been downhill from that moment on.

Meier

34m loooooooooooooool Garcia and Rodwell must be fucking fuming. And De Rossi must feel undervalued.

Well, we did try and spend that much on DDR last summer but he didn't want to leave Roma.. so if he feels that way, it's by his own doing. :p €40m does seem entirely excessive -- at least in Javi Martinez's case he was still quite young.

I think Garcia will probably be sold this summer. Or City will at least listen to offers.

President @ ADeLaurentiis : Cavani is of the interest of Chelsea, will call me in the next few hours. I would be happy if he stays with us

3AQmK.gif

#dcing but I don't care

Wilbur

Banned
Torres will be off then. Ba and Lukaku as second and third choice is great on paper but don't see either wanting to be third choice. Lukaku will go on loan again I guess.

DORTMUND. DO IT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom