• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

qindarka

Banned
Might wait for our new signings to decide on shirt names, but for now I'm thinking Shinji on home and Welbeck on away.

Hulk says Chelsea want him apparently. Cavani, Schurrle, Hulk, Torres, Ba, Lukaku, Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Moses, Marin.... loooooool

Well, obviously Chelsea won't be getting all of them and will be getting rid of a few players.

Lightning

Banned
Hmm interesting. The longer things go the more rumblings coming out that Vermaelen and Gervinho are going to be moved on either sold or loaned.

Wilbur

Banned
Well, obviously Chelsea won't be getting all of them and will be getting rid of a few players.

Who do you think will be going though? Realistically, only one of Torres or Ba and Lukaku on loan, and Marin, and you're definitely getting Schurrle and you look likely to have Cavani. It's all very well and good having such a deep squad, and it's a superb bunch, but I'm surprised that a) Jose, who I remember being quite the advocate of 23/24 man squads and there being two players for each position, front loading so much and b) so far ignoring the work that needs to be done in centre midfield.

It's early days I know, but you're only getting linked with attackers which is odd.

Wilbur

Banned
Bill Kenwright has given Moyes the green light to sign Fellaini for £23m but he said Baines stays at Everton.

I think Everton will be alright anyway. They'll probably change shape into a 4-3-3 with Pienaar and Mirallas either side of Anichebe/Jelavic so Fellaini isn't necessarily going to be missed as a battering ram, and I have a feeling Barkley's going to have a class season. They'll probably raid Wigan for a few good players as well.

It's early days I know, but you're only getting linked with attackers which is odd.

We've been linked with De Rossi who is a bit older than perhaps I thought we would go for is still a good player and wouldn't command a ginormous fee. Also we've been Mangala, Porto centre back as well as Luke Shaw and Coentrao.

We were linked with Fellaini in January and some stuff earlier this month but I think we might not get him, which would be a shame.

The attacking midfielder/striker situation is a bit odd though. Of the ones mentioned I want Cavani, not sure we need any of the others. If Jose is serious about being with us for a reasonable amount of time he needs to keep at least Chalobah around the first team squad (and use him), maybe Ake too though he might benefit from a loan.

Yen

Watching In the Mood for Love, which reminds me that someone my dad knew died, and his final words were, "You know what I don't understand? Chinese letters."

bjaelke

“I contacted Unicredit directly for Lamela and Marquinhos,” the Stadio San Paolo chief stated to Radio Marte. “I offered them €40m.

“Instead, they offered me the services of Pablo Daniel Osvaldo at all costs, but, seeing as we have Edinson Cavani right now, we don’t need him.

“However, at this moment in time, I’m no longer convinced by Lamela and Marquinhos. I’ve noted that there are other strong players around who are cheaper.”
http://www.football-italia.net/35050/napoli-offered-€40m-roma-duo

Tc91

Yep Moyes knows that contract inside and out.

Yep if we go head to head with Arsenal for Fellaini then I'm almost certain he'd choose us over them just for the fact we've got Moyes.

Not sure if they need him that much either.

I think Everton will be alright anyway. They'll probably change shape into a 4-3-3 with Pienaar and Mirallas either side of Anichebe/Jelavic so Fellaini isn't necessarily going to be missed as a battering ram, and I have a feeling Barkley's going to have a class season. They'll probably raid Wigan for a few good players as well.

I could see them going for McCarthy if they need to replace Fellaini and I can't see Martinez leaving McManaman at Wigan in the Championship.

Baines has given Everton enough.

He should come win a PL with Moysey. I'd love him at United.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
jbnoJgLvoUgkKb.jpg

Who do you think will be going though? Realistically, only one of Torres or Ba and Lukaku on loan, and Marin, and you're definitely getting Schurrle and you look likely to have Cavani. It's all very well and good having such a deep squad, and it's a superb bunch, but I'm surprised that a) Jose, who I remember being quite the advocate of 23/24 man squads and there being two players for each position, front loading so much and b) so far ignoring the work that needs to be done in centre midfield.

There's lots of players that I wouldn't be completely surprised to see go. But really we have no idea if Mou is ignoring the central midfield or if it's just not leaking out as much , it's not even more than a week ago where papers claimed De Rossi was on his way. Paulinho has also bee n rumored quite a bit for the defensive midfield...

Yen

The Echo say their transfer targets are Alvarez and Aidan McGeady

Is this the year that Arsenal goes on a spending spree?

They are one of the wealthiest clubs in the world, but it's like they don't want to spend money.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Is this the year that Arsenal goes on a spending spree?

They are one of the wealthiest clubs in the world, but it's like they don't want to spend money.

It's their best chance to get back to the top of the tree with managerial changes at the top 3 and Spurs missing out on the CL. I don't think they will go mad but I can see them buying a couple of £25m players.

Hixx

Nothing is happening in football

And the weirdos are finally coming to terms with them all sharing dick pics on whatsapp and are now developing awkward feelings about each other

They should just embrace them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom