• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

But in reality we all know United, City and Chelsea will be the only teams challenging for the title come next April.

The only team of those I would have confidence in for next season so far is Chelsea.

SAF is gone, along with your dominance of English football.

Arnie

In fact, let's actually do this. Prediction time:

Pelligrini will have the most significant positive impact on the team. They'll play some sexy football and challenge throughout the season.

Mourinho will finish more than 10 points behind the eventual winners.

Moyes will have a season of frustration and grumbling from certain sections of supporters. United will finish 3rd. They'll lose some of their winning mentality.

Clegg

The only team of those I would have confidence in for next season so far is Chelsea.

SAF is gone, along with your dominance of English football.

And all he's left us with is a squad thats just won the league at a canter.

United will be fine.

Edit: Having sad that, we still need to add a good midfielder to our squad.

Kyoufu

Just strange to actively want Chelsea to win it. There's still City, and Pelligrini's the most likeable of the three managers in contention.

Well I like Mourinho and I have no idea who Pellegrini is, but if City win it instead then I'll still have a party. :)

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Pelligrini will have the most significant positive impact on the team. They'll play some sexy football and challenge throughout the season.

Agree with this, City are best placed to win the next title.

I think a lot of teams will be looking to strengthen the CM, I'm not surprised City have acted quickly. If you can dominate midfield you can win any match, Fernandinho/Toure is a strong pairing and has no real weaknesses. Sandro/Dembele is a similar sort of duo but the other top 5 sides have some big holes in the middle. Players like Ramsey, Mikel and Cleverley can't measure up to that sort of power, I expect a bidding war for Fellaini.

Salvadora

And all he's left us with is a squad thats just won the league at a canter.

United will be fine.

Consider the amount of times you went behind this season along with the turmoil of your competitors.

Moyes vs. Mourinho vs. Pellegrini vs. Wenger.

One looks very out of place.

It's Moyes

Arnie

Well I like Mourinho and I have no idea who Pellegrini is, but if City win it instead then I'll still have a party. :)

Mourinho's likeable when he's out of the country and being a cunt in Spain, because then we can laugh without really caring too much.

When he's in your league though he's an utter cock.

I'M SO EXCITED FOR THE SEASON BUT IT'S STILL 2 MONTHS AWAY FUCK

Edit: I'm bored, anyone down for some more (preliminary) League table predictions?

Ingeniero

The only team I want winning the league is Arsenal.

I want United flailing in mid table with Liverpool come May, that's the dream.
I'm ok with this.

My flight is at the same time of the match vs Ecuador tonight :/, I will miss all the action but not the celebrations, come on mis guerreros por la victoria.

Clegg

Consider the amount of times you went behind this season along with the turmoil of your competitors.

Moyes vs. Mourinho vs. Pellegrini vs. Wenger.

One looks very out of place.

It's Moyes

Moyes places a lot of importance on having a good midfield and a defence that doesn't leak soft goals. Or at least he tries to.

I think we'll be more defensively solid next season.

Arnie

Agree with this, City are best placed to win the next title.

I think a lot of teams will be looking to strengthen the CM, I'm not surprised City have acted quickly. If you can dominate midfield you can win any match, Fernandinho/Toure is a strong pairing and has no real weaknesses. Sandro/Dembele is a similar sort of duo but the other top 5 sides have some big holes in the middle. Players like Ramsey, Mikel and Cleverley can't measure up to that sort of power, I expect a bidding war for Fellaini.

I'd like to agree with this post, but United won the league last season and their midfield is fucking barmy.

I think technical ability is more important than power, to be honest. Arsenal's midfield lacks power but it's still very effective at running games. If they added Fellaini to it I think it'd be superb.

Imagine Fellaini, Wilshere, and Cazorla.

Carbonox

I'M SO EXCITED FOR THE SEASON BUT IT'S STILL 2 MONTHS AWAY FUCK

Edit: I'm bored, anyone down for some more (preliminary) League table predictions?

Newcastle will finish 5th again and will then finish 16th the following season again. It will be an endless cycle.

1. Chelsea
2. City
3. United
4. Arsenal
5. Spurs
6. Liverpool
7. Everton
8. Swansea
9. Newcastle
10. West Brom
11. Aston Villa
12. West Ham
13. Sunderland
14. Stoke
15. Cardiff
16. Fulham
17. Southampton
18. Norwich
19. Hull
20. Crystal Palace

Not my final one.

Salvadora

Moyes places a lot of importance on having a good midfield and a defence that doesn't leak soft goals. Or at least he tries to.

I think we'll be more defensively solid next season.
2-0 down 70 minutes into a match.

Will Moye's United come back? That's the big question.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'd like to agree with this post, but United won the league last season and their midfield is fucking barmy.

Last season was the exception to the rule. Carrick had an amazing season, and RVP/De Gea did the business at either end. The same midfield won't make it next season, everybody and his dog knows that.

In the first few months of last season Everton, Spurs, Liverpool, even Norwich weed all over United's midfield. Only once De Gea and the back 4 woke up did they start to look convincing.

Meier

Baby mothafuckin Horse

http://i.imgur.com/L0ATe8K.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
Great goal. Where was this from? The game this past weekend?

[quote="LFMartins86, post: 61954657"]They won't sell many more players. Fernando could be on his way out and that should be it.[/QUOTE]
Tons of clubs want Mangala but as usual, it seems like they will only let him go for his release clause.

GorillaJu

My prediction for the 2013-2014 premier league standings.

1. Arsenal
2. Aston Villa
3. Cardiff City
4. Chelsea
5. Crystal Palace
6. Everton
7. Fulham
8. Hull City
9. Liverpool Football Club
10. Manchester City
11. Manchester United
(<---- lol 0wned!)
12. Newcastle United
13. Norwich City
14. Southampton
15. Stoke City
16. Sunderland
17. Swansea City
18. Tottenham Hotspur
19. West Bromwich Albion
20. West Ham United

My prediction for the 2013-2014 premier league standings.

1. Arsenal
2. Aston Villa
3. Cardiff City
4. Chelsea
5. Crystal Palace
6. Everton
7. Fulham
8. Hull City
9. Liverpool Football Club
10. Manchester City
11. Manchester United
(<---- lol 0wned!)
12. Newcastle United
13. Norwich City
14. Southampton
15. Stoke City
16. Sunderland
17. Swansea City
18. Tottenham Hotspur
19. West Bromwich Albion
20. West Ham United

good list but stoke should be higher imo

The thing that makes me so excited about the special ones return is dat home record. The bloke went 9 years at 4 different clubs without losing a home game in the league. Its such an incredible achievement and if we can recapture something like that it will make going to home games less stressful.

GorillaJu

Which one of the promoted teams will be this year's 'one season wonder'?

According to my predictions, Cardiff City.

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/sunderland-afc/mignolet-to-reject-sunderland-deal-1-5741337

SIMON MIGNOLET is unlikely to pen a new contract at Sunderland, according to the goalkeeper&#8217;s agent.

Sunderland have been in talks since March over extending Mignolet&#8217;s deal at the Stadium of Light, in a bid to tie down the club&#8217;s prize asset, who still has another two years left to run on his Black Cats contract.

When asked on the status of the contract talks, Vaesen told the Echo: &#8220;There is no progress.

&#8220;I think it is very unlikely that he will sign a new contract.

&#8220;Simon has obviously come to a point where he wants to step up a level and there is a lot of interest in him.

&#8220;He is very ambitious and wants to play in the World Cup, in Brazil, next year.

&#8220;It was a good thing that Sunderland stayed up and it is a fantastic club where he has had three great years.

&#8220;But it is maybe time to step up a level and play for a club competing for a European spot.&#8221;

Meulensteen news:

David Ornstein &#8207;@bbcsport_david 1&#26178;&#38291;

Meulensteen has Wigan i/v next week. Moyes offered him #mufc stay in same role but rest of SAF staff leaving + wants managerial career #wafc
Phil McNulty&#12373;&#12435;&#12364;&#12522;&#12484;&#12452;&#12540;&#12488;

phaze

There is a junior in the new members thread who got approved in 1 hour. lol. it took me 9 months.

Got approved in about 10-12 days so I think the time it takes declined substantially

David Ornstein &#8207;@bbcsport_david 3m
noooooooooo

It was good while it lasted.

Predictions.
wishlist

1.Arsenal
2.Everton
3.Liverpool
4.Tottenham
17.Manchester United

Clegg

David Ornstein &#8207;@bbcsport_david 3m
noooooooooo

I wouldn't expect the parties involved to admit to negotiations over Fellaini. We now have one story saying you're interested and anothr saying you're not.

The stuff about Rooney and Jovetic should be more concerning to Arsenal fans.

Salvadora

I wouldn't expect the parties involved to admit to negotiations over Fellaini. We now have one story saying you're interested and anothr saying you're not.

The stuff about Rooney and Jovetic should be more concerning to Arsenal fans.

People have been quick to point out this:
s05CCbu.png

Geoff Arsenal has also said that both the Rooney and Fellaini are 100% true.

It's going to be a long summer..

Meier

City have already agreed a deal to bring in Spain winger Jesus Navas, but that fee is not as high as previously thought - he will cost an initial £15million, rising to a possible £18million with another add-on if he is sold at a profit or signs another long-term deal.

Nice to hear. So it's been £45m on Ferna and Jesus.. both world class players. I'll take it.

Clegg

United have released some U21 players

BBC Red Wednesday &#8207;@BBCRedWednesday 23m

Reece Brown, John Cofie, Michele Fornasier and Frederic Veseli among those released by Manchester United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom