• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

1-2m lol? In the last 3 years, Braunschweig spent €100k on new players. Although they are in the Bundesliga now, you'd be lucky to get just 500k.

He did have a year left on his deal so I wouldn't expect it was free but I'm sure it was nominal like you said. Sounds like he was pretty helpful in getting them back up (4 assists in 12 games).

Wes

venison crêpe
0,,10265~11993635,00.jpg

"I am really happy to be part of Aston Villa and I am really proud to be able to pull the shirt on," Tonev said. "Aston Villa is a big club and the manager and club have a belief in young players and in the team ethic. Football is not about the individuals. It's a team sport and all successful teams play well together. That's what you can see at Villa, the team is playing together.

"I am part of the team now and I am hungry for success. I want to show everybody what I can really do. I have played in front of big crowds before but the atmosphere here in England is unique. The crowd is like a 12th player for the team and I am looking forward to playing in front of the fans.

"I can't wait to start and to meet my team-mates and the manager. When I heard about Aston Villa, I thought about playing in the Premier League for such a big club. I wasn't thinking about anything else.

"Stiliyan being here wasn't a massive influence on me coming here. Stiliyan and Dimitar Berbatov have done really well in this league and I hope I can do the same. They are both great Bulgarian players and hopefully I can do the same and make my mark on the Premier League.

"I have been watching Villa and I know there are some very good players here. I am really looking forward to being part of the team."

Aston Bulgaria!

Wes

venison crêpe
Zigic is apparently getting a contract renewal. Not sure how I feel about that. He's mostly shit, but he seems to score a lot of 90th minute goals

I read it was so they could spread out his contracted expected income over more years, so they take less of a hit year on year.

Meier

how the fuck is no one in america airing any of the WC qualifiers today. god damnit. even RAI isn't showing the italy game.

Surely they'll be on ESPN3?

Yeah, here is the listing for today... Don't feel like reformatting. Seems that the Czech Republic and Italy will be on ESPN proper.

6/07 12:00 PM EDT Armenia vs. Malta
ESPN3
6/07 12:00 PM EDT Azerbaijan vs. Luxembourg
ESPN3
6/07 12:00 PM EDT Finland vs. Belarus
ESPN3
6/07 12:25 PM EDT Letonia vs. Bosnia-Herzegovina (SPA) Closed captioning available
ESPN3
6/07 12:30 PM EDT Latvia vs. Bosnia-Herzegovina (ENG)
ESPN3
6/07 1:55 PM EDT Liechtenstein vs. Eslovaquia (SPA)
ESPN3
6/07 2:00 PM EDT Liechtenstein vs. Slovakia (ENG)
ESPN3
6/07 2:00 PM EDT Croacia vs. Escocia (SPA)
ESPN3
6/07 2:15 PM EDT Croatia vs. Scotland (ENG)
ESPN3
6/07 2:15 PM EDT Moldova vs. Poland
ESPN3
6/07 2:30 PM EDT Montenegro vs. Ukraine
ESPN3
6/07 2:30 PM EDT Albania vs. Norway
ESPN3
6/07 2:40 PM EDT República Checa vs. Italia (SPA)
ESPN3
6/07 2:40 PM EDT Czech Republic vs. Italy Closed captioning available
ESPN ESPN3
6/07 2:40 PM EDT Belgica vs. Serbia (SPA)
ESPN3
6/07 2:45 PM EDT Belgium vs. Serbia (ENG)
ESPN3
6/07 2:45 PM EDT Lithuania vs. Greece
ESPN3
6/07 3:00 PM EDT Iceland vs. Slovenia
ESPN3
6/07 3:40 PM EDT Portugal vs. Rusia (SPA) Closed captioning available
ESPN3
6/07 3:45 PM EDT Portugal vs. Russia
ESPN3

GorillaJu

Lol at you guys predicting the season before most teams even sign their players.

Eat a dick my list is legit as fuck and organized to the highest standard.

My prediction for the 2013-2014 premier league standings.

1. Arsenal
2. Aston Villa
3. Cardiff City
4. Chelsea
5. Crystal Palace
6. Everton
7. Fulham
8. Hull City
9. Liverpool Football Club
10. Manchester City
11. Manchester United
(<---- lol 0wned!)
12. Newcastle United
13. Norwich City
14. Southampton
15. Stoke City
16. Sunderland
17. Swansea City
18. Tottenham Hotspur
19. West Bromwich Albion
20. West Ham United

I stand by this prediction and I encourage you to bookmark this post and stare into its insurmountable rightness.

Surely they'll be on ESPN3?

Yeah, here is the listing for today... Don't feel like reformatting. Seems that the Czech Republic and Italy will be on ESPN proper.

6/07 12:00 PM EDT Armenia vs. Malta
ESPN3
6/07 12:00 PM EDT Azerbaijan vs. Luxembourg
ESPN3
6/07 12:00 PM EDT Finland vs. Belarus
ESPN3
6/07 12:25 PM EDT Letonia vs. Bosnia-Herzegovina (SPA) Closed captioning available
ESPN3
6/07 12:30 PM EDT Latvia vs. Bosnia-Herzegovina (ENG)
ESPN3
6/07 1:55 PM EDT Liechtenstein vs. Eslovaquia (SPA)
ESPN3
6/07 2:00 PM EDT Liechtenstein vs. Slovakia (ENG)
ESPN3
6/07 2:00 PM EDT Croacia vs. Escocia (SPA)
ESPN3
6/07 2:15 PM EDT Croatia vs. Scotland (ENG)
ESPN3
6/07 2:15 PM EDT Moldova vs. Poland
ESPN3
6/07 2:30 PM EDT Montenegro vs. Ukraine
ESPN3
6/07 2:30 PM EDT Albania vs. Norway
ESPN3
6/07 2:40 PM EDT República Checa vs. Italia (SPA)
ESPN3
6/07 2:40 PM EDT Czech Republic vs. Italy Closed captioning available
ESPN ESPN3
6/07 2:40 PM EDT Belgica vs. Serbia (SPA)
ESPN3
6/07 2:45 PM EDT Belgium vs. Serbia (ENG)
ESPN3
6/07 2:45 PM EDT Lithuania vs. Greece
ESPN3
6/07 3:00 PM EDT Iceland vs. Slovenia
ESPN3
6/07 3:40 PM EDT Portugal vs. Rusia (SPA) Closed captioning available
ESPN3
6/07 3:45 PM EDT Portugal vs. Russia
ESPN3

holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit i didn't event think of checking ESPN. usually they'd rather show college baseball or some shit during the day, i never get to see italy in HD.

pretty sweet though.

Tc91

Brilliant news! I have no idea how he plays but he looks like a Lambert style player and we need an attacking midfielder.

lulz.
About 3M quids I think

Stan Collymore &#8207;@StanCollymore
Tonev. Very good signing. An International. 23. 2 footed. Mobile. Good signing for #AVFC and in our budget. 8/10

Stan Collymore &#8207;@StanCollymore
Tonev can play any position in a 3 behind a striker. Which we do have lots of and of whom several have never nailed down a place. #AVFC

Seems decent!

Meier

holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit i didn't event think of checking ESPN. usually they'd rather show college baseball or some shit during the day, i never get to see italy in HD.

pretty sweet though.

Yeah, ESPN has exclusive rights to the WCQ I believe. They've been showing em all online.

Mark Schwarzer was released by Fulham as well I see. He had a MONSTER game against us this past season.. if he's willing, I'd love him to deputize Hart since Pantilimon wants to leave.

@ Meier

imo, to be a world class/approaching world class winger, you have to back up your quality with productivity. Do those Navas stats suggest that he produces nearly enough to be considered in those terms?

Ribery is a world class winger.

Navas isn't close to that IMO - although I suppose now he's playing in a better team he has a chance to show what he can do. He is obv good though and will make a big difference to City who often need width.

Only seen Fernandinho like twice so wouldn't pass judgement on him either - I'd be surprised if anybody in this thread has watched him more than 2/3 times.

Ribery is a world class winger.

Navas isn't close to that IMO - although I suppose now he's playing in a better team he has a chance to show what he can do. He is obv good though and will make a big difference to City who often need width.

Only seen Fernandinho like twice so wouldn't pass judgement on him either - I'd be surprised if anybody in this thread has watched him more than 2/3 times.

I've seen him more than that, so I'm an expert, fucking friendly matches against Copenhagen in the winter break and then we always seem to somehow get them in our pre season training tournaments!

Meier

160716__max_news.jpg

Ferna7, coming to a theatre near you. They made a freaking documentary about this guy in the Ukraine!

On Sunday, March 31, a big movie premiere awaits the fans of FC Shakhtar Donetsk. The Zirka Kinopalats will feature a documentary about one of the Pitmen&#8217;s leaders - the Brazilian midfielder Fernandinho.

Screening of the film titled Ferna7 kicks off at 12:00. It will tell the audience the story about the Shakhtar vice-captain&#8217;s way into big-time football, his impressive career and life in Donetsk. In addition to the unique frames from the player&#8217;s personal archive, the viewers will see exclusive interviews with Shakhtar head coach Mircea Lucescu, the team captain Darijo Srna, Ferna&#8217;s close friend Luiz Adriano and the star striker of Brazil and Zenit St Petersburg Hulk.

Meier

Bets stopped on Tevez to Juve

Reports continue to build that Juventus have agreed an £8m deal with Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez.

The Argentine international is on the last season of his contract with City and over the past few days several Italian sources have suggested talks are at an advanced stage.

Sport Mediaset claimed on Wednesday that Juve had agreed personal terms with the 29-year-old and now certain bookmakers have stopped taking bets on the transfer.
http://www.football-italia.net/35066/bets-stopped-tevez-juve?

£8m is a terrible fee for him but I'd rather he go to Juve than most other places. Will be sad to see him go. :(

Zabojnik

Can't fucking wait for The Last of Us, know not one shit about that game but man those scores

I've had the game for four days, but it'll have to wait. Have to finish and review Fuse & Remember Me first. Le sigh. :)

Sometimes that's all you need. He's class.

http://www.football-italia.net/35066/bets-stopped-tevez-juve?

£8m is a terrible fee for him but I'd rather he go to Juve than most other places. Will be sad to see him go. :(

That's not even 10M&#8364;. Impossible.

Tc91

I wonder how much of Lech Pozna&#324; and the Bulgarian NT Collymore has seen.

:lol I have no idea, someone did say to him I bet you haven't seen him play and he replied "Seen more plays in a month than you have in your life"

Then he went on some huge rant about how you shouldn't think FM and FIFA are the ways to scout players.

GorillaJu

I've only seen Fernandinho in Shaktar's CL ties but he looked very good to me.

Fernandinho and Navas are fairly inspired signings, to me. If nothing else but because they aren't players who are "trendy" like Cavani, Bale or Suarez are. They have a much higher maturity level than City's recent transfers. Maturity is something they sorely lacked in the last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom