• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Navas is a good player.

But world class? No way.

If he isn't world class, he's not far from it. As far as pure wingers go, how many would you place above him? I can't think of any in the EPL who are better. Bale if you still consider him a winger and not more of a roaming striker.

Interesting story on ESPN about the Neymar transfer:
One of Neymar's former investors has threatened to go to the Brazilian courts to get money he claims he is owed from the player's transfer to Barcelona, amid confusion over the sums due to each of the various stakeholders in the deal.
However, Brazilian paper Folha de Sao Paulo claims that Santos will receive only €17.1 million, which they would divide with DIS and fellow investors Teisa. Neymar, and his father, was then to receive the other €40 million as a signing-on fee. Moreno said he did not know if these reports were correct.

"The facts we have are only what we have read in the press: that the transfer fee was €57 million," he said. "Right now I do not know if it is more or less."

A €10 million down payment made last year by Barca is also causing disquiet among observers of the deal. This sum was included in the blaugrana's annual accounts for 2012, and Bartomeu said on Monday it was included in the €57 million total Barca were paying to sign the player.
http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1470580/neymar-investor-dark-barcelona-deal?cc=5901

Clegg

Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes 7m

Sorry, that wasn't clear. Jovetic likely for Chelsea. Not quite sure how he fits in, I've got to admit. Lovely player, though.

What the fuck are Chelsea planning?

Schurrle
Jovetic
Torres
Ba
Mata
Oscar
De Bruyne
Hazard
Lukaku

If he isn't world class, he's not far from it. As far as pure wingers go, how many would you place above him? I can't think of any in the EPL who are better. Bale if you still consider him a winger and not more of a roaming striker.

Interesting story on ESPN about the Neymar transfer:

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1470580/neymar-investor-dark-barcelona-deal?cc=5901

40mil in sign on fees and yet they had to be wheeling and dealing forever for a few Cesc millions.
KuGsj.gif

Carbonox

What the fuck are Chelsea planning?

Schurrle
Jovetic
Torres
Ba
Mata
Oscar
De Bruyne
Hazard
Lukaku

----------------Cech----------------
Oscar - Lukaku - Ba - De Bruyne
----------------Mata-----------------
-------Schurlle------Jovetic--------
Torres------Cavani--------Hazard

Durrrr

Randdalf

United have released some U21 players

Fornasier captained my Bristol Rovers team to 2 consecutive promotions in my current FM save (that was about 2 decades ago in the game world). He scored like 15 goals in one season because I always targeted him with free kicks and corners.

Clegg

Article by Miggy D. Please be true.

United Still Persuing Ronaldo Deal

United sources have made it known to ESPN that, to counter that, they have detailed two officials to exclusively work on bringing Ronaldo back. It also understood that, having initially bristled at getting involved, Nike is now willing to join fellow sponsors Chevrolet.

The Glazer family want at least one statement signing, or a few purchases of note, to accompany the official unveiling of David Moyes at the start of July.

United are seeking to push ahead with a deal for PSV Eindhoven’s Kevin Strootman, especially having been made aware of Tottenham Hotspur’s interest in the midfielder. Contrary to reports, however, no terms have been agreed.
Fuck off, Spurs.

Meier

Miggy still banging the United still going after Ronaldo gong.
United sources have made it known to ESPN that, to counter that, they have detailed two officials to exclusively work on bringing Ronaldo back. It also understood that, having initially bristled at getting involved, Nike is now willing to join fellow sponsors Chevrolet.

The Glazer family want at least one statement signing, or a few purchases of note, to accompany the official unveiling of David Moyes at the start of July.
http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1470705/united-pursuing-ronaldo-deal?cc=5901

Edit: Aww, I was posting this for your sake Clegg and you beat me to it. :D

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Spurs have announced they are releasing David Bentley, John Bostock and Wiliam Gallas as well as 3 young players.

Gallas has my respect, he made a difficult move from Arsenal and played extremely well in his first two seasons. Had he not come back from injury during the 11/12 run-in we would have been fucked as King could no longer play properly. He wasn't up to par this season but he always tried hard and I'm sure having an experienced players like him in the dressing room helped. Best of luck to him. Bentley and Bostock can go fuck themselves.

JWong

Banned
----------------Cech----------------
Oscar - Lukaku - Ba - De Bruyne
----------------Mata-----------------
-------Schurlle------Jovetic--------
Torres------Cavani--------Hazard

Durrrr

Nope, you're missing the new formation. It's like this:

----------------Mourinho-----------
---------------------------------------
Oscar - Lukaku - Torres - Mata - Schurlle - Cavani - Jovetic - Hazard - Ba - De Bruyne

0-0-0-10 formation

GQman2121

Banned
Reading over the list of players that have been released this morning. If this were 2008 you could put a decent team together with this lot. Except for David Bentley. You never go full on Bentley.

Arsenal are 3/1 favorites on SkyBet to sign Jonjo Shelvey.

Well if you can't land a player like Fellaini, Jonjo is the next logical step. Wait......

Meier

It looks like Braunschweig did permanently sign one of our youngsters, Omar Elabdellaoui, after his loan finished. Can't find out what sort of compensation we got but I know he was pretty highly regarded. Doubt it was much though, probably €1-2m at most. Was at the club since 2008 and is playing for Norway at the U-21 Euros.

Don't even think I'm buying the home shirt this season. Can't afford it.

SPEAKING OF AFFORDING THINGS

Off to Meadowhall with my hangover to buy some naughty summer garments. Although the trick I find is to get clothes that are suitable in any season. Apart from the shorts I'm currently sat in.

Might buy some new Levis. What ya saying Viva

BTW, I'll note it in here: The whining and whinging and militant campaigning about DRM in gaming side is embarrassing.

#saynottoDRMPS4XB1moyesout
I might be buying some new Levi's today too.

Arnie is great.

Batigol

Banned
Zigic is apparently getting a contract renewal. Not sure how I feel about that. He's mostly shit, but he seems to score a lot of 90th minute goals

It looks like Braunschweig did permanently sign one of our youngsters, Omar Elabdellaoui, after his loan finished. Can't find out what sort of compensation we got but I know he was pretty highly regarded. Doubt it was much though, probably €1-2m at most. Was at the club since 2008 and is playing for Norway at the U-21 Euros.
1-2m lol? In the last 3 years, Braunschweig spent €100k on new players. Although they are in the Bundesliga now, you'd be lucky to get just 500k.

I wanted him but they are out. Valencia too

That sucks. Not that Valencia's out but Shinji :D

Wilbur

Banned
This tennis match is lovely.

Zigic is apparently getting a contract renewal. Not sure how I feel about that. He's mostly shit, but he seems to score a lot of 90th minute goals

I thought he was going to be an amazing signing when he first came.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom