• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blablurn

OTlFM1W.png

Best of Luck!

Thanks to you too! Someone on GAF made one seconds before u D: But still, thanks fuenf!! Appreciate it! I will use urs for twitter!

Ingeniero

Arsenal-GAF, is no one excited for Higuain? Various sources reporting it's a done deal. 25M€ transfer fee, 7.5M€ salary. The source appears to be the Mirror tough, so ...
I'm not excited tbh...
Not top class, could be better I think...

EDIT. Yay Pizarro so happy for the win :-D
Now lets trash the other yellows next week.

I think the Arsenal fans need a dose of Koptimism. Football would be shit for most fans if they spent the entire time worrying and picking holes in everything

I bet she's a filthy skank in the sack. The thought is tantalizing. As is the thought of Klitschko destroying her due to their immense size difference. Wanna see that. He'd fist her harder than a rival boxer. AND THATS JUST HIS PEINS

I don't care much for fantasy, but that got me thinking. Still I

Must. Not. Fap.

oh no

iv0OqCfpIcwBO.gif

happy birthday quiche

Leonsito

Yesterday was the first anniversary of the death of Manolo Preciado, I know it's not a big international name, but it was the most touching coach we had at Sporting de Gijon.

Maybe youy will remember him as the man who broke Mourinho's record of undefeated matches at home: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng8loFd0d14

Here are a couple of Sid Lowe articles about him:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/nov/15/la-liga-manola-preciado-jose-mourinho

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/jan/30/manolo-preciado-survivor-sporting-gijon

http://www.soccerblog.com/2012/06/rip-manuel-preciado.htm

His life is marked by tragedy, in 2003 lost his wife due to cancer, he lost a son in 2004 in an accident, and in 2011 his father died in a home accident. In 2011 he finally married again, and when all started to go great again for him, he had a heart attack in June last year.

He mainly trained teams from inferior categories before arriving at Levante, Murcia, Racing Santander and Sporting de Gijon, where he achieved a miracle, picking a team about to dissapear, bringing it to first division in his second year, and last 4 years there, before the fucking asshole we have as a president fired him mid-campaign.

He died the day after signing a contract to coach Villareal for this campaign.

As I said, his family, people from forums of Sporting de Gijon, players and other people from all the clubs he played and trained have made possible the first statue we have in Spain for a football coach, similar to Bill Shankly in Liverpool.

resizer.php

Gallery of pics: http://www.elcomercio.es/multimedia...das-imagenes-emotivo-homenaje-preciado-0.html

The only time you clanked this season and that was after we mini-clanked you.

We don't clank, we dance.

brendan-rodgers.jpg

I love how he's molding the team to his own appearance. The intelligence of a man, the aesthetics of a majestic Great White Shark gliding through the water to clamp its teeth into its prey and not let go until the life has been drained from them.

Hitcher

iJNBU6C.jpg

A mid-table face-toucher he was born to be, and a mid-table face-toucher he will remain.

He may not have won anything but he's a born winner who wins things even though he's not technically a winner

Damn, can't find that image of the board with a picture of Moyes on it and that silly phrase written above it

Labadal

I just learned that I will have to stream Liverpool's games next season. This season, I could watch all our games in at the very least acceptable picture quality thanks to ViaPlay. They showed all PL games every game week. They can only show one on Saturdays for the 2013/14 season. I hate this crap.

Clegg

Lions are winning 16-7 at half time.

This Queensland Reds side are easily the best team the Lions have played so far.

Zabojnik

Get Football News ‏@GetFootballNews23m
Real Madrid have signed Gareth Bale for €90m. (François Gallardo; FIFA agent/@CentreTransfer) #Transfers

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
It's fake Zabo!

Veron: "Who would compliment Llorente more? On paper, I'll say Tevez but I'm sure that Higuain & Llorente wouldn't step on each other toes"

Veron: "Arsenal & PSG want Higuain too? Juventus is better, their history is incredible. For us Argentines, Italy is always the best"
BLyVnUUCcAAD6_I.jpg:large

Get Football News ‏@GetFootballNews23m
Real Madrid have signed Gareth Bale for €90m. (François Gallardo; FIFA agent/@CentreTransfer) #Transfers

Heh I remember that name from the JT rumors :

The report credits the source, Francois Gallardo, as a 'FIFA agent'. If you search Google for that term, you'll find that in the preview for the second link, you'll find the following quote: "Players' agents have not been licensed by FIFA since 2001. Players' agents are licensed directly by each association. Therefore, there is no such thing as a FIFA players' agent." That kind of puts a nice big line through Mr Gallardo's credibility, doesn't it?
-----

Gallardo was also the one who whipped up the hooplah about Drogba moving to Barcelona in the summer. At this rate, Gallardo's going to end up with a record as good as Harry Harris's.

http://www.weaintgotnohistory.com/2...-a-word-of-the-john-terry-to-valencia-rumours

I love how he's molding the team to his own appearance. The intelligence of a man, the aesthetics of a majestic Great White Shark gliding through the water to clamp its teeth into its prey and not let go until the life has been drained from them.

I love how he's doing no such thing but you've filled the emptiness of his tactics with some fantasy of how brilliant he is. 7th is your best, and as is the case with any manager like him you'll probably start to plummet next season.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I love how he's doing no such thing but you've filled the emptiness of his tactics with some fantasy of how brilliant he is. 7th is your best, and as is the case with any manager like him you'll probably start to plummet next season.

Liverpool are winning the league next season.

Mr.Fergie is no more.

We're on the up. You've just traded in the best manager of all time for David Moyes.

End of. Go home and be a family man.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
tumblr_mo2h3nzMjH1r30r4xo2_500.png

According to Sky Sport Italia, Chelsea had a previous bid of €30m plus Fernando Torres rejected, as the Partenopei wanted only Ramires as part of any potential exchange.

Tuttosport claim a new proposal is on the table worth €55m cash (£46.7m), but Napoli are again set to turn it down, as it does not meet the price-tag.

Cavani has a €63m buy-out clause in his contract (£53.5m) and his club have warned he won’t be released for less than that figure.

Chelsea are wasting their time. Just pay the 63m, they won't accept anything less.

Yurt, we should consider starting a class action against Marotta.

OH YES

I have my banner ready! "MAROUTTA"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom