• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

Yesterday was the first anniversary of the death of Manolo Preciado, I know it's not a big international name, but it was the most touching coach we had at Sporting de Gijon.

Maybe youy will remember him as the man who broke Mourinho's record of undefeated matches at home: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ng8loFd0d14

Here are a couple of Sid Lowe articles about him:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/nov/15/la-liga-manola-preciado-jose-mourinho

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/jan/30/manolo-preciado-survivor-sporting-gijon

http://www.soccerblog.com/2012/06/rip-manuel-preciado.htm

His life is marked by tragedy, in 2003 lost his wife due to cancer, he lost a son in 2004 in an accident, and in 2011 his father died in a home accident. In 2011 he finally married again, and when all started to go great again for him, he had a heart attack in June last year.

He mainly trained teams from inferior categories before arriving at Levante, Murcia, Racing Santander and Sporting de Gijon, where he achieved a miracle, picking a team about to dissapear, bringing it to first division in his second year, and last 4 years there, before the fucking asshole we have as a president fired him mid-campaign.

He died the day after signing a contract to coach Villareal for this campaign.

As I said, his family, people from forums of Sporting de Gijon, players and other people from all the clubs he played and trained have made possible the first statue we have in Spain for a football coach, similar to Bill Shankly in Liverpool.

resizer.php

Gallery of pics: http://www.elcomercio.es/multimedia...das-imagenes-emotivo-homenaje-preciado-0.html

:( That is a nice statue, RIP.

I remember when Mourinho was talking shit about him using weak players and letting Barca win. The joy I felt when it was Preciado to end Mourinho's precious undefeated home record was great.

<3

GorillaJu

She looks a lot like Jessica Alba there.

Everton 6th

Liverpool 7th

figurative nobody, pls Hitcher.

Rodgers at least has a championship trophy. Moyes just gets defeated by championship teams

Yurt we're friends right? I hope you know I've always thought of you as my best friend on FootyGaf.

Bumhead

Banned
I see Harry Redknap has been throwing his toys out of the pram about missing out on the signing of Wayne Bridge.

He will be off into the sunset before September to leave QPR to the same fate as Portsmouth.

A liar and a con man.

Salvadora

Regarding the Sanogo transfer:
“Arsene Wenger came to see me in Paris and was very frank,” he told L’Equipe. “Plenty of clubs were interested. On balance, it was Lille and Arsenal. Initially, I wanted to go to Lille, but the approach Wenger made the difference.”
“This is a tough league, but I’m going to work hard. We’ll see how my body reacts. I have come to learn, and gain experience.
“My goal is obviously to play but not to be number one in the first season. This is one of the top eight clubs in the world. We do not expect too much, too soon.

It doesn't get mentioned, but Arsene has a very personable side which has helped us sign many players over the years.

Linius

That Micky fella is pretty hard to follow for me. What an accent :lol

Also glad I don't wanna watch Downtown Abbey. Spoiler heavy much :/

GorillaJu

I'm still confused about who Klitschko is. You guys posted those pictures but all I see is Hayden and some kind of minotaur android killing machine.

Slizz

I'm still confused about who Klitschko is. You guys posted those pictures but all I see is Hayden and some kind of minotaur android killing machine.

The best Heavyweight boxer fighting right now. Has been for a number of years, tons of belts, not very much competition though.

Clegg

Klitschko is the WBA, WBF, IBO and IBF heavyweight boxing champion of the world.

His older brother is also the WBO heavyweight champion.

GorillaJu

Hmmm... okay. I'm in. Time to start my training. I'll be sending you photographic proof of me with my arm around Hayden so you can be jealous of me.

FOR YURT'S EYES ONLY: when can I hang out with your sister? Would she be opposed to having pictures taken with me putting an arm around her and then posting it to Gaf?

Linius

Hmmm... okay. I'm in. Time to start my training. I'll be sending you photographic proof of me with my arm around Hayden so you can be jealous of me.

FOR YURT'S EYES ONLY: when can I hang out with your sister? Would she be opposed to having pictures taken with me putting an arm around her and then posting it to Gaf?

We don't even know if she meets your first rule of dating yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom