• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking out of your arse in regards to Rose.

How many times have you seen Wickham and McEachran play?

Watched Rose play quite a bit, even when he was first in the Egnland U21 set up in 2009. I don't believe he's good enough for top level football. He'll play in the PL for a couple more years, possibly under a couple of different managers before the consensus arrives that he's not going to make it and he'll get shipped to a Championship side.

I've also watched Wickham a bit (more the the U21s) and he's always failed to impress. I think McEachran is borderline. His problem is that his development has been stunted. I saw him at Middlesbrough this season and thought he looked like he hadn't come on much. I feel this is Chelsea's fault as much as his.

Zabojnik

We're meeting with Madrid tomorrow and City the week after.

What I want: Tevez, Diamanti, Lulic and Ogbonna.

What we're getting: Higuain and Ogbonna.

I dunno but I think Tevez is our 2nd choice after Jovetic and not Higuain. So it's possible that we're TRYING to get them both.

We're not getting anybody. EVERY FUCKING SUMMER. Fuck Marotta, fuck John Elkann and the rest of the Agnellis, cheap bastards the lot of them. /rant

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
BMPxfxoCAAAVU-Y.jpg:large

Barca GAF, GO!

Where did you hear that. Stay at Chelsea as in playing for them next season or just remaining on their books but on loan?

"Chelsea and Jose Mourinho have at a meeting where we clearly understand that Kevin returns to Chelsea for the new season," Reschke said: "Chelsea will definitely no longer lend the player - at any club. The thing is through - unfortunately. It was no longer possible for us to be coupled to a transfer with Andre Schurrle. "

-Bayer's manager Michael Reschke

http://www.sportschau.de/fussball/bundesliga/debruyne104.html?

http://www.sueddeutsche.de/sport/bundesliga-de-bruyne-muss-bei-chelsea-bleiben-1.1691794

Zabojnik

Jonjo Shelvey was part of the legendary Barca squad? First I hear about it.

How the hell do you pronounce Jonjo, btw? John-Joe?

qindarka

Banned
I guess this is the end of Marin's Chelsea career. Wonder how we are going to fit all these players in if we sign Schurrle. De Bruyne, Schurrle and Moses to back up our current attacking trio sounds very nice but one or two of them could potentially struggle for playing time. Then again, last season was an anomaly in that Hazard and Mata were ran into the ground for lack of better alternatives and we had one of the best injury records in the league so who knows.

Meier

I guess this is the end of Marin's Chelsea career. Wonder how we are going to fit all these players in if we sign Schurrle. De Bruyne, Schurrle and Moses to back up our current attacking trio sounds very nice but one or two of them could potentially struggle for playing time. Then again, last season was an anomaly in that Hazard and Mata were ran into the ground for lack of better alternatives and we had one of the best injury records in the league so who knows.
Seems like Schurrle isn't a possibility at this point. Marin isn't good enough clearly though.

Linius

Thanks to Arrested Development I kind of developed a crush on Isla Fisher. Stunning woman. Sasha Baron Cohen is a lucky man.

From the comments above, it sounds like without de Bruyne then Bayer aren't interested in selling him? He's under contract until 2016 so it's not like they need to.

I think he's saying it wasn't possibly to loan De Bruyne to soften up the Schurrle deal. Schurrle is pretty desperate to move and the deal should be closed soon, Schurrle even said he had talked to Mourinho 2 days ago.

K1LLER7

Just seen the result.

England are so bad. Most national teams would try and make changes, England will continue the same as if nothing's happened.

Why didn't England allow their U-21 eligible players to join the team after the Brazil friendly? I mean Russia played yesterday and Dzagoev and Smolov are joining the u21 team to play tomorrow against Netherlands...

italy U21 - israel U21 started a few minutes ago. the game has a very fast tempo so far, seems like it will be a good one.

Italy U-21: Bardi; Donati, Caldirola, Bianchetti, Biraghi; Saponara, Florenzi, Verratti; Insigne, Gabbiadini, Immobile

Italy bench: Colombi, Leali, Capuano, Regini, Bertolacci, Rossi, Crimi, Borini, Destro, Sansone, Paloschi

happy to see saponara and gabbiadini starting.

Saponara will do good next year.

i really think the kid might be the real deal . . . surprising how he flew so under the radar, but he always impresses me.

Linius

Why didn't England allow their U-21 eligible players to join the team after the Brazil friendly? I mean Russia played yesterday and Dzagoev and Smolov are joining the u21 team to play tomorrow against Netherlands...

Okay, so we play against a stronger Russia than Spain did. That's weird.

I can't watch Bradley play without crying a bit on the inside. Fuck you for missing out on him Zaparini, at one point Bradley was pretty much crying for Palermo to come and get him but it wasn't meant to be. :(

Peco

Mangia is such an underrated coach. He's marvelous at working with young talents. If there's a coach Zamparini was really wrong to fire, that is him.

xintin

I didn't know we got rid of Turnbull AND Hilario. Are we really bringing Courtois back for this season? Blackman 3rd choice I guess.
edit - Nope, nvm, just seen he's staying at Atletico for a 3rd season. At least he'll get some CL experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom