• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Woah, seriously? I didn't even know he got into coaching.

Yup!

jMCcedNPUtsR8_e.jpg

Ravanelli was installed at the Ligue 1 outfit on Saturday having spent two years with the Juventus youth set-up, and the former Italy international believes the current head coach at the Bianconeri proves that a long playing career can be sufficient preparation for club management.

"Even if I don't have great experience as a coach, I have experience as a player. You don't need to train for 15 years to be a good coach, as has been shown with [Fiorentina boss] Vincenzo Montella and Antonio Conte," he told RMC.

"With my professionalism and enthusiasm, I hope to do a good job with Ajaccio."

Ravanelli revealed that initial talks had been held with Ajaccio president Alain Orsoni as early as January, which proved pivotal in convincing him to ignore other offers and attempt to launch his coaching career in Ligue 1.

"We already had contacts in January but there was no agreement," the former Lazio man continued. "It was decided then that we would wait until the end of the season. The president kept his word and everything was resolved quickly.

"The first thing [that persuaded me to join] was the personality of the president and the sporting director [Patrick Vernet]. They are straightforward, professional people. We want to achieve something important with this club.

"I know French football well and I hope to achieve great things. With my years spent at Juventus, it will perhaps be possible to take a few players.

"I had other offers but I chose Ajaccio because I know the language, I know the French league well and I hope the club will allow me to launch a successful career as a coach. It is the pitch that will give me the answer."

Zabojnik

Nothing wrong with handhelds Zabo.

I know, but I seem to have a thing against hi-tech handheld devices. Dunno why. I spend enough time behind a monitor screen as it is, the PC does everything. There's just no need. I'm still rocking a Nokia 2630. Best phone ever.

I tempted by the PS4 / Vita combo though. Next-gen gaming on the bed, brilliant.

Portable games are holding the industry back.

Console discrimination. Really? A new low, Bacon.
I fucking love you man <3

http://www.bild.de/sport/fussball/h...ieses-jahr-nicht-zu-bayern-30770800.bild.html

Interesting facts regarding Lewandowski, it looks like Bayern wanted to play hardball with Dortmund and got fucked hard. Dortmund requested a formel / written offer from them, which Bayern wasnt willing to submit. Thus the Dortmund board decided that they won't sell him to Bayern (there's no way they could backtrack on that without making a fool out of themselves) but the door is still open for other clubs.

Knowing Lewa's agents I expect them to demand a gigantic signing fee from Bayern next year or he'll switch to some other club this summer (the more likely scenario).

That's very interesting. This whole thing is a huge pile of shit and I have no idea what the fuck is going on.

So, we actually call Bayern and tell them to make an offer. They don't. What are they trying to achieve with that? Just look at Lewandowski's interview ("I want to go to a certain club this summer"), I'd be fucking pissed at Bayern if I was him. There's hardly a way he or his agents can blame BVB for this.

There's always the theory that Bayern doesn't actually want him at all but would Bayern really spend time agreeing on a contract for a player they don't want just to fuck with BVB?

Edit: Hey, you didn't mention the part with de Bruyne. It's still possible, the stuff from Leverkusen was only half true. There'll be talks with Chelsea soon.

Me and my brother decided to fuck around with the teams on fifa and make our own. No Messi or Ronaldo.

EdYgIEb.jpg

Which is better?

Flip Neymar for Ibra and the one would be almost perfect.

I would still go for the one on the left even with Neymar, though.

Also, why Reus and not Gotze?

fuenf

That's very interesting. This whole thing is a huge pile of shit and I have no idea what the fuck is going on.

So, we actually call Bayern and tell them to make an offer. They don't. What are they trying to achieve with that? Just look at Lewandowski's interview ("I want to go to a certain club this summer"), I'd be fucking pissed at Bayern if I was him. There's hardly a way he or his agents can blame BVB for this.

There's always the theory that Bayern doesn't actually want him at all but would Bayern really spend time agreeing on a contract for a player they don't want just to fuck with BVB?

Yeah I don't know either. I know it sounds ridiculous but with the Martinez transfer, the Götze transfer and whatever else Pep plans, maybe Bayern just doesnt have the 30m lying around?

Sorry about the KDB stuff, I thought that wasnt news. But I love how Watzke took another shot at Leverkusen.

Salvadora

Arsenal should push hard for Mata if he is available. Absolutely delightful player.

We'd have the two best Spaniards in England in one team.

Yeah I don't know either. I know it sounds ridiculous but with the Martinez transfer, the Götze transfer and whatever else Pep plans, maybe Bayern just doesnt have the 30m lying around?

I'm pretty sure there could have been some deal at 25m. So even if Gomez was sold for only ~15m, Bayern would have had those 10m if they really wanted to sign him this summer.

Wilbur

Banned
If I'm being honest, last season - as good as Silva was - I rated Cazorla higher than him for Malaga, and said that a fair few times when he first transferred. And he stood out a few times this season, some incredible games, but went missing a fair bit as well. Jury's still out on which of the two is better.

Mata is better than both though.

Wilbur

Banned
United fans overstake Cazorla's anonymity in games. It's a way of deflecting off Shinjury.

He was fantastic in this game, one of six or so where he was really really great that I can remember. Probably the best I saw Arsenal play all season as well.

Salvadora

He was fantastic in this game, one of six or so where he was really really great that I can remember. Probably the best I saw Arsenal play all season as well.

People tend to forget that Arsenal have been pretty awful at times this season. Cazorla has borne the brunt of that I feel.

Why not? It's not like they're after 40M€+ players. Come on, Arsenal. Do it. DOOO ITTTT.
Gundogan, Bender, Rooney? They haven't got a hope of signing these guys.

Higuain and Fellaini yes because they are looking to leave their clubs but they'll need a pretty much uncontested opportunity to get them.

Mats is the best Spanish player ATM, still gutted that Arsenal never stumped up the extra money for him :(

But Cazorla is brilliant too, Mata was just more consistent over the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom