• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Gundogan, Bender, Rooney? They haven't got a hope of signing these guys.

Higuain and Fellaini yes because they are looking to leave their clubs but they'll need a pretty much uncontested opportunity to get them.

D'you think other clubs will be in for Fellaini?

Chelsea were linked a few months ago but we haven't heard of any interest since then afaik.

Seems like Arsenal might just get a clear run at Fellaini.

D'you think other clubs will be in for Fellaini?
It would surprise me if United and Chelsea didn't go in for him. £22m isn't THAT much money for a player like him, a little expensive I guess but quite affordable for those two clubs.

But I guess it's conceivable they don't. There are some suggestions Moyes won't go after Everton players although I don't know how true that is, seems a bit far-fetched but possible I suppose. And Chelsea can probably look at some alternatives too.

So yes in that scenario Arsenal could land him cos I don't see any other European "heavyweights" coming for him but if United and Chelsea got involved Arsenal won't get him.

I'm not trying to slight them but it's just the way of it. Arsenal won't pay massive money and on the pitch they are well behind alot of clubs.

DominoKid

Me and my brother decided to fuck around with the teams on fifa and make our own. No Messi or Ronaldo.

EdYgIEb.jpg

Which is better?

team on the left.

Salvadora

Zidane has said that RM will have to break the world transfer record to get Bale.

They really are going to do this all summer. The top two Spanish clubs are unbelievable.

Clegg

It would surprise me if United and Chelsea didn't go in for him. £22m isn't THAT much money for a player like him, a little expensive I guess but quite affordable for those two clubs.

But I guess it's conceivable they don't. There are some suggestions Moyes won't go after Everton players although I don't know how true that is, seems a bit far-fetched but possible I suppose. And Chelsea can probably look at some alternatives too.

So yes in that scenario Arsenal could land him cos I don't see any other European "heavyweights" coming for him but if United and Chelsea got involved Arsenal won't get him.

I'm not trying to slight them but it's just the way of it. Arsenal won't pay massive money and on the pitch they are well behind alot of clubs.
Hadn't heard about that Moyes rumour. It would make sense though. Maybe he wouldn't feel right at picking apart a team he created.

I suppose Arsenal will need a bit of luck if they want to land their targets this summer. I suppose this is another thing that can be attributed to their transfer policy over the last 5 seasons. They've become less appealing to players.

Hadn't heard about that Moyes rumour. It would make sense though. Maybe he wouldn't feel right at picking apart a team he created.

I suppose Arsenal will need a bit of luck if they want to land their targets this summer. I suppose this is another thing that can be attributed to their transfer policy over the last 5 seasons. They've become less appealing to players.
Yep.

I mean look at the players we've missed out on over the last few years to clubs like Chelsea, Madrid, PSG. The same can happen to us with our targets this summer. And Arsenal are probably a rung or two below us. There's been alot of spiel about how they're going to sign top players this summer but at the moment I just can't see how.

Good players maybe but not the most in demand ones.

tancredi said Chelsea have contacted Mario Gomez.
Tanc getting sloppy. That was in the UK papers this morning!

Fry

If Bayern aren't signing Lewa, I'd hope they'd just keep their current strikers. Fuck Chelsea, they can go and buy Cavani.

Also, no Abidal please.

Clegg

Yep.

I mean look at the players we've missed out on over the last few years to clubs like Chelsea, Madrid, PSG. The same can happen to us with our targets this summer. And Arsenal are probably a rung or two below us. There's been alot of spiel about how they're going to sign top players this summer but at the moment I just can't see how.

They were rather fortunate with Cazorla last summer.

We were tracking Kagawa and Chelsea were after Hazard and Oscar. City were a shambles in the transfer market and Barca/Madrid didn't need him.

They were lucky Malaga were willing to sell too.

pulga

Banned
Heard that Neymar wasnt too hot today from a friend

Also heard Morata came off the bench to score again. Someone give that kid a chance already

Lightning

Banned
I would rather us not sign the most in demand players. Their prices are inflated and the players not worth it. Jovetic is not worth €30mil, Cavani not worth €63mil etc... We have money to spend but we're not City or Chelsea and cannot overpay for players.

£25m for Higuain is fair IMO. I hope we can get him.

I mentioned yesterday why the Bender, Gundogan links make no sense. I place not a lot of credibility in those links and don't really want those players. If we had infinite funds we could replace our entire squad but we don't so essential places only and Gundogan and Bender don't fall into this.

http://www.asiae.co.kr/news/view.htm?idxno=2013060809275434340

Park charity match in Shanghai on the 23rd with Evra, Ki, Lee Chung Yong, and Nam Tae Hee.

The Eternal Bros are reunited.

http://news.sbs.co.kr/section_news/news_read.jsp?news_id=N1001823374
Son Heung-Min: "There are still stories going around about the transfer and many teams. A decision is expected to be made by the end of the month."

"Although there's the press about me signing with Leverkusen, it's not true."

"I don't know much about the transfer, only my father and my agent does. However, a decision won't be determined until I head back to Germany."

"Whichever team it may be, if it's competitive enough to be able provide and to raise the skills, it doesn't matter where, although I do want to play in the Champions League."

Can you elaborate please?
I'm worried because I've always been attracted to smaller women and like younger girls. This hasn't been a problem since I'm only 18 but what if this won't change when I grow up. I can't get away with fawning over a 16 yo when I'm 57.

My last serious relationship was with a 14 yo when I was 16/17

Salvadora

I'm worried because I've always been attracted to smaller women and like younger girls. This hasn't been a problem since I'm only 18 but what if this won't change when I grow up. I can't get away with fawning over a 16 yo when I'm 57.

Maybe you are a ephebophile :p

You live in the land of the giants... move to the Philippines (where women are really short) or something and you won't have a problem.

FootballFan

Reminds me of that joke.

"You know why I love high school girls, no matter how old I get they always stay the same age"

Don't become that guy Bacon, Wooden is already enough for this thread :p

Clegg

Eh I wouldn't worry if I were you.

Peoples tastes change as they age.

And you're 18. Nothing wrong with being attracted to 16 year olds.

GorillaJu

You can't be an ephebophile when you're 18 years old. Everyone 14+ is "within your range." And finding people 16-18 or thereabouts attractive isn't a mental illness, it's pretty standard. Some people become adults very early in their lives, some people never seem to. People freak out about the weirdest shit.

GQman2121

Banned
Stealth dog kills lol

They're completely out of ideas. That entire segment was ridiculous. Is the dog a robot? What the fuck is going on there? The guy is talking to you, yet you're controlling the movement of the dog with that camera thing, and then the dog is reacting to the instructions as if its the one understanding spoken English. It's all very odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom