• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
I honestly despise the way the media fawns over Mourinho and strokes his ego.
I will never have enough praise for Casillas and his good friend Ramos for what they did to Mourinho. Casillas for king.

I loathe the praise Mou gets. I so hope Chelsea nose dive into the dirt, won't happen, but I really wish it would.

They've always had and always will have their favourites. Look at the way the media praises the ground Saint Harry of Redknapp walks upon, it's sickening. At least Mourinho has a bit of charisma, Harry's just a thorough cunt.
I'd agree with this too. Not a fan of Harry.

How did u do in CL this time around ?

Oh

Oh

The FA are in cohoots with UEFA to keep us out cos they know we'd dominate for the next 15 years

Oh fuck off SSN: 'Luis Garcia's ghost goal was typical of [Mourinho's] luck in the Champion's League with Chelsea.'

Just fuck off you pathetic cunts.

Salazar

#Arsenal CEO Ivan Gazidis hosting 300 fans tonight to listen to views & takes questions. Top supporter engagement other clubs should follow

BME8wIC.gif

The blarney express rolls on. The odds are pretty good on him upping Arsenal's annual window kitty to 90m imaginary Euros.

BME8wIC.gif

The blarney express rolls on. The odds are pretty good on him upping Arsenal's annual window kitty to 90m imaginary Euros.

lol, top supporter engagement. Doesn't he have a reputation for doing as a little as possible to actually interact with the fans, or am I thinking of Usmanov?

spidye

Trying to find where this supposed list originates from.. just saw it pop up on my Facebook news feed from some random site due to the Matija inclusion (https://www.facebook.com/FootballLiveScoresUpdate/posts/506902696047413). Probably bullshit but Adnan fans will be happy if it isn't.

Official FIFA Top 10 Young Football player In The World 2013:
1. Neymar [Barcelona]
2. Erik Lamela [As Roma]
3. Lucas Moura [PSG]
4. Mario Gotze [Bayern Munchen]
5. Isco [Malaga]
6. Adnan Januzaj [Manchester United]
7. David Alaba [Bayern Munich]
8. Matija Nastasic [Manchester City]
9. Kyriakos Papadopoulos [Schalke 04]
10. Phil Jones [Manchester United]

wat? how did they rate the players?
no draxler? neymar on top? isco just 5th?

phaze

lol, top supporter engagement. Doesn't he have a reputation for doing as a little as possible to actually interact with the fans, or am I thinking of Usmanov?

You're thinking of Kroenke I think.

Gazidis will spin the same bulshit he's been rolling for the past few years. Nobody should take what he says seriously.

Lightning

Banned
Gazidis has been feeding Arsenal fans cheesy spin about competing for the big players and big trophies for so fucking long.
I know but I prefer to mock or get pissed at the end of the transfer window and not now. I'm not expecting a lot of money to be spent but shouldn't jump to conclusions at the start line.

Gazidis will spin the same bulshit he's been rolling for the past few years. Nobody should take what he says seriously.
You can say that about Wenger and everyone else associated with the club with the exception of Hil-Wood who says everything we don't want to hear but turns out to be the truth.

Razor554

Trying to find where this supposed list originates from.. just saw it pop up on my Facebook news feed from some random site due to the Matija inclusion (https://www.facebook.com/FootballLiveScoresUpdate/posts/506902696047413). Probably bullshit but Adnan fans will be happy if it isn't.

Official FIFA Top 10 Young Football player In The World 2013:
1. Neymar [Barcelona]
2. Erik Lamela [As Roma]
3. Lucas Moura [PSG]
4. Mario Gotze [Bayern Munchen]
5. Isco [Malaga]
6. Adnan Januzaj [Manchester United]
7. David Alaba [Bayern Munich]
8. Matija Nastasic [Manchester City]
9. Kyriakos Papadopoulos [Schalke 04]
10. Phil Jones [Manchester United]

dat Neymar

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So Spurs are being linked with Bernard. He ticks the 'technical midget' box but is he actually good?

If he's an Oscar-level talent then fine, but I don't want to sign some kid who's just going to interfere with Holtby, Carroll and the other young midfielders we already have.

phaze

You can say that about Wenger and everyone else associated with the club with the exception of Hil-Wood who says everything we don't want to hear but turns out to be the truth.

Oh but I do. :p

Microsoft conference is today right? Hoping they will have Witcher 3 there. The reactions to that betrayal would be golden. + The latest screens from them game were hngggggg. I want to see it in action.

phaze

From Lady Arse
bentern-twitter-3.png

Photo-by-bendtnerb52-&

On Denilson said:
Having agreed with Arsenal to cancel the last remaining year of his contract you would have thought this would have cleared the player to stay at Sao Paulo, a club where he is highly regarded and one at which he loves playing.

Not so it seems.

The vice president of the Brazilian side thinks that money could *still* be an issue and told media

On several occasions he [Denilson] has declared interest in staying.

A possibility exists, provided that we can balance the issue of financial order.

About moving to Sao Paulo on a permanent basis, Denilson said before his contract was cancelled

“I am very happy to hear the coach say I am one of the best in my position, and we will not give up on making my stay at the club permanent.

“As everyone knows, my future is indefinite, but I feel at home here.”

The manager also wants Denilson to stay, rating him as one of the best in Brazilian football.

Ney Franco said

“It is another player which do not give up. We will not find on the market a player with the talent of Denilson.

“To me, it’s one of the best wheels of Brazilian football. Had a conversation with Adalberto [Baptista, director of football] and I think the club to meet his coach, have to do everything.”

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
You really hate Gio, don't you Redknapp?

He was an embarrassing little oik. Late to training, drink driving, generally a terrible attitude both on and off the pitch. I don't care much for the way Harry treated some squad players but he was right about Gio.

3Sixty

He was an embarrassing little oik. Late to training, drink driving, generally a terrible attitude both on and off the pitch. I don't care much for the way Harry treated some squad players but he was right about Gio.

Imagine having to see Harry's face everyday. I'd be having vodka on my cornflakes.

I think Galliani is up to something with Tevez. During a cruise organized by one of our sponsors, he said: "I really like Carlitos Tevez because he's very gritty. His salary? There aren't any problems with Tevez." Apparently, he also showed to the journalists on the cruise that he had received a text from Joorabchian, saying that Tevez won't "betray" him. Carlitos would agree on a 3 year long contract, with a €4m salary per year. Not bad, after all he earns €8.5m per year at City.

Can't say that I'd dislike him, but I'm not sure if he'd be the best option to replace Pazzini until he gets back from his injury (should be around September/October). As long as El Shaa stays, having Tevez too would mean having the best players upfront of the entire league (Balotelli, El Shaarawy, Tevez, Niang, Pazzini. All over me), if Juventus doesn't end up buying a shitload of (quality) strikers.

Poli should be wrapped up during this week, same goes with Kucka. Antonini could leave and sign with Genoa, Boateng and Amelia will probably be sold during July. No mention of defenders so far, I really hope that Galliani focuses on them before thinking about Tevez.

I don't really care about Gio but it seems like your impression of him is based on the picture of him drunk and that story of his mom apologizing for him showing up late. You can't really conclude from just that incident that he was always like that.

Apparently Galtasaray said they're out of the running for Nani.

They bid £6m and we want £8.5.

FML.

Only 8.5?

Plasma

Banned
Gazidis is great with the fans. You must be thinking Kroneke.

If by great you mean he meets with them then sure he is but most of the stuff he comes out with is just PR talk and spin. All the questions are also pre-approved so he gets to avoid the questions he doesn't want to answer.

Actions speak louder than words, his been out there banging on about how we have money to spend but so far we've only brought in a young french kid on a free. Reading through the Higuain saga it seems we're haggling over a few million euros with Madrid rather than just picking him up before Juve do.

FootballFan

BMWgG0rCcAAQAfT.jpg:large

Kingpin Messi should tap that Lewandowski to join us

Why does Messi take Hamsik on all these tours/friendlies. Aimar too but I can understand that, Hamsik just seems really random. Then he has to bring Hamsik's brother in law Gargano too. Just seems a bit random.

Apparently Galtasaray said they're out of the running for Nani.

They bid £6m and we want £8.5.

FML.

Really, what's the point of selling him then? It's kind of absurd that Young is reportedly on higher wages than him, however inconsistent Nani may be. I'd be pushing for a larger contract, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom