• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

I don't really care about Gio but it seems like your impression of him is based on the picture of him drunk and that story of his mom apologizing for him showing up late. You can't really conclude from just that incident that he was always like that.

There was a reason we let go of him :p

Yeah I like Chuy. Enlighten me on how he got his nickname. He looks like superman

jbgP74F0FpFUOd.jpg

What Chuy? That's just a nickname for Jesus.

There was a reason we let go of him :p

He left. He wasn't let go. You don't decide an 18 year old is going to flop after looking so promising. Besides, he learned how to drink from Ronaldinho. Still, Gio is an idiot.

Really, what's the point of selling him then? It's kind of absurd that Young is reportedly on higher wages than him, however inconsistent Nani may be. I'd be pushing for a higher contract, too.
I think he's been offered better terms but he wants something beyond even that. Also reportedly he was growing disillusioned that Ferguson seemed to be so tough on him. Maybe it will change with Moyes on board but I doubt it now...

But yeah if we're only going to see £6m for him....might even be inclined to keep him and then let him go on a free! Though that will never happen with the Glazers in charge.

México is shit. Their food is the best but do you think they could make it out of conmebol?

Nah, they fucking suck right now.

I'm still wondering how the confederations will go. Japan isn't looking great. Neither is Mexico or Brazil. One will have to out shit the other.

I posted that picture because your women were lacking that game.

I was just reading some of the stuff posted in the NeoGAF FB group, and what comes up at the side as recommended for me? FootyGAF FB group lol, do you guys even use that?

FootballFan

Just realised Jonathan dos Santos is also going to play in that friendly. Shit player. Worse than his brother, as unlikely as that might seem.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I don't really care about Gio but it seems like your impression of him is based on the picture of him drunk and that story of his mom apologizing for him showing up late. You can't really conclude from just that incident that he was always like that.

He was always like that though. One time he was arrested for driving drunk and Carlos Vela had to pick him up from the police station. Numerous people have said how terrible his attitude was.

Simple fact is that if he were as good as he thinks he is, he wouldn't have joined a now-relegated side on the cheap. Both Barca and Spurs saw what he was like.

Just realised Jonathan dos Santos is also going to play in that friendly. Shit player. Worse than his brother, as unlikely as that might seem.

He'll prove you wrong next season in another team. He's played pretty well when he plays, although I can't comment on his last game because I didn't see that one. He could have gotten a few assists if Sanchez or Villa didn't fuck up some of his passes.

Still, he's not special enough to get playing time over Thiago, Cesc, Xavi, Biscuits, etc...

I'm guessing you think he's really shit because of him not getting playing time and not because of actually paying attention to his actual play.

He was always like that though. One time he was arrested for driving drunk and Carlos Vela had to pick him up from the police station. Numerous people have said how terrible his attitude was.

Simple fact is that if he were as good as he thinks he is, he wouldn't have joined a now-relegated side on the cheap. Both Barca and Spurs saw what he was like.

Mallorca finished 8th when he joined. So that's a moot point. He was probably their best player this past season just like he was Racing's best player when he was there on loan.

More Kicker rankings:
Außenbahn defensiv
Weltklasse
1. Philipp Lahm 29 Bayern München IK-1.

Internationale Klasse
2. David Alaba 20 Bayern München K.-6.

Im weiteren Kreis
3. Lukasz Piszczek 28 Borussia Dortmund K.-5.
4. Daniel Carvajal 21 Bayer Leverkusen K.-3.
5. Marcel Schmelzer 25 Borussia Dortmund K.-2.
6. Marcell Jansen 27 Hamburger SV –

Blickfeld
Sebastian Jung 22 Eintracht Frankfurt K.-4.
Sead Kolasinac 19 Schalke 04 –
Ricardo Rodriguez 20 VfL Wolfsburg –

Außenbahn offensiv

Weltklasse
1. Thomas Müller 23 FC Bayern München (IK-2.)
2. Arjen Robben 29 FC Bayern München (–)
3. Franck Ribery 30 FC Bayern München (WK-1.)
4. Marco Reus 24 Borussia Dortmund (IK-3.)

Internationale Klasse
5. Jakub Blaszczykowski 27 Borussia Dortmund (IK-4.)
6. Julian Draxler 19 FC Schalke 04 (K-13.)

Im weiteren Kreis
7. Jonathan Schmid 22 SC Freiburg (B)
8. André Schürrle 22 Bayer 04 Leverkusen (K-8.)
9. Jefferson Farfan 28 FC Schalke 04 (K-10.)
10. Sidney Sam 25 Bayer 04 Leverkusen (–)

Blickfeld
Axel Bellinghausen 30 Fortuna Düsseldorf (–)
Kevin Großkreutz 24 Borussia Dortmund (–)
Patrick Herrmann 22 Borussia Mönchengladbach (B)
Nicolai Müller 25 FSV Mainz 05 (B)
Ibrahima Traoré 25 VfB Stuttgart (B)
Vieirinha 27 VfL Wolfsburg (–)
Tobias Werner 27 FC Augsburg (–)

Well, Piszczek's rating is a joke. Of course he was lacking fitness in some Bundesliga matches but you'd think a player who was amazing against CR7 and Ribery would get in "International Class".

FootballFan

He'll prove you wrong next season in another team. He's played pretty well when he plays, although I can't comment on his last game because I didn't see that one. He could have gotten a few assists if Sanchez or Villa didn't fuck up some of his passes.

Still, he's not special enough to get playing time over Thiago, Cesc, Xavi, Biscuits, etc...

I'm guessing you think he's really shit because of him not getting playing time and not because of actually paying attention to his actual play.

When everyone is so good, a bad player stands out immediately. Dos Santos stands out when he plays for us, for the wrong reasons. He is 23/24 now too, time to go somewhere else imo.

Your guess is also wrong because I watch him, not impressive. I watch him in hope for something good, but he still disappoints.

I remember just 2-3 weeks ago his mistake led to Valladolid's goal. Trying to do some stupid trick touch spin in midfield.

Here it is. :lol

When everyone is so good, a bad player stands out immediately. Dos Santos stands out when he plays for us, for the wrong reasons. He is 23/24 now too, time to go somewhere else imo.

Your guess is also wrong because I watch him, not impressive. I watch him in hope for something good, but he still disappoints.

I remember just 2-3 weeks ago his mistake led to Valladolid's goal. Trying to do some stupid trick touch spin in midfield.

loooool

Was that the last game he played? Because as I said, that was the only game I didn't see. Still, 1 bad game doesn't mean anything. He's performed well whenever I've seen him play. He's just not special enough for Barca. There's no reason for him to be getting minutes over the other midfielders Barca has as they are that much better. Still I don't think he's shit and will play well at his next club.

And I doubt you watch him as closely as I do whenever he's on the pitch, because that's literally the only thing I pay attention to whenever he plays for Barca which is almost never. :lol

FootballFan

Was that the last game he played? Because as I said, that was the only game I didn't see. Still, 1 bad game doesn't mean anything. He's performed well whenever I've seen him play. He's just not special enough for Barca. There's no reason for him to be getting minutes over the other midfielders Barca has as they are that much better. Still I don't think he's shit and will play well at his next club.

And I doubt you watch him as closely as I do whenever he's on the pitch, because that's literally the only thing I pay attention to whenever he plays for Barca which is almost never. :lol

Well I probably don't watch him that closely :p But I still watch closely enough to see and remember that it was him that cost us a goal in a useless end of season game.

I guess my standards are just really high, when you get used to Busquets/Iniesta/Xavi/Cesc/Thiago, and then see something like that.. yeah.

Walshy

Only just realised that we have the Confederations Cup starting on Saturday. Finally some actual (
semi
) competitive football.

How the hell the Tahiti qualify? They got beat 7-0 by Chile U20 the other day :lol

FootballFan

Only just realised that we have the Confederations Cup starting on Saturday. Finally some actual (
semi
) competitive football.

How the hell the Tahiti qualify? They got beat 7-0 by Chile U20 the other day :lol

They beat New Zealand in the play off final :lol

What a pathetic performance from the All Whites it was.. Most of Tahiti's players play for local club teams here in NZ..

Walshy

They beat New Zealand in the play off final :lol

What a pathetic performance from the All Whites it was.. Most of Tahiti's players play for local club teams here in NZ..
Looking at their Wiki they all seem to play for a club called A.S. Dragon. I think that's the best worst name for a club I've ever heard.

I wouldn't be surprised if Spain/Uruguay go into double figures against them.

Looking at their Wiki they all seem to play for a club called A.S. Dragon. I think that's the best worst name for a club I've ever heard.

I wouldn't be surprised if Spain/Uruguay go into double figures against them.

They lost to Chile's u21 team 7-0 this past week right?

Carbonox

Fucking love London so much. Was working in my company offices Thursday and Friday, then showed my buddy around the city yesterday. Been forever since I went to Wagamama's. #FIRECRACKER

kharma45

Fucking love London so much. Was working in my company offices Thursday and Friday, then showed my buddy around the city yesterday. Been forever since I went to Wagamama's. #FIRECRACKER

Firecracker chicken/prawns is fucking beaut. The one I had in Southbank wasn't as spicy as the one in Belfast, just depends on the chef I guess.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Cuadrado “I’m not interested in the Bianconeri. I have just one dream – to play at Fiorentina for many years.”

iKcVdjMpnLJar.gif

kharma45

Damn, didn't get through the PwC assessment centre. Probably the maths where I fell down. Hopefully they'll be able to give me feedback.

Wes

venison crêpe

I really don't enjoy going to London. I enjoy seeing my friends and I like the museums and galleries it has to offer but as a place I've just never particularly enjoyed it.

Damn, didn't get through the PwC assessment centre. Probably the maths where I fell down. Hopefully they'll be able to give me feedback.
Unlucky :(

The feedback is usually quite useful though!

I really don't enjoy going to London. I enjoy seeing my friends and I like the museums and galleries it has to offer but as a place I've just never particularly enjoyed it.
you suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom