• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

The series 3 finale got to the 70-80% of book 3.

It's hard to tell exactly because they've changed the time frame for some of the events in the book.

Ok, thanks. I think I'm going to start reading the books as well. Can't be waiting so long to see it.

Meier

What book did the season finale end on? What book is next?

Season 4 will still be based off book 3 in part. They're not necessarily being completely 1:1 though.. some of the stuff that has been covered thus far is from further along in the books too. I imagine that will be the case in season 4 as well. Last night's was a great closer -- everything is set up for the next season. That final shot was awesome.

My only hope is that they can somehow get another 2-3 episodes going forward.. surely it'd be worth it for everyone involved. I know the production times are quite lengthy but they could do it! I'm sure of it..

Sony have the best PR in the industry

6GB9yGp.png

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/344098136802852864

Meier

ASOI&F, while magnificent, is overrated imo

I've never read anything from the genre other than Tolkien stuff so I can't really compare it to many other works contemporary or otherwise, but I think the books are fantastic. Even if there are other recent fantasy book series that some consider "better", the fact that the show has made people so invested in the characters means it's reached another level.

Martin has had a real problem with pacing since the 3rd book.

Hopefully the 6th book will be more like A Storm of Swords though, there's a lot that's been built up and it looks like it could be as good as it. I agree though, 4th and 5th books could almost have been cut down to one book, maybe 1 and a third.

Fady K

How do you leak that which has been announced?

I meant that the website put it back on the radar whereas it was not there before. Sony says it is based on speculation. Has to be more than that if it popped up again I guess.

A 10 from Edge is meaningless today. Frankly, a 10 from anyone is meaningless.

Oh you've not played it (BioShock)? I thinks it's better that you form your own opinion about it. The Internet can really mess up your expectations.

Have fun with SoTC though!

True, everyone has different tastes after all. I know people who worship Deadly Premonition, a game that barely got more than a 7 in most sites.

That is a great point about forming your own expectations. I tend to avoid watching gameplay videos and reading an entire review; I do have a habit of reading the bottom line though.

Thanks, I am also playing Beyond Good & Evil (HD) for the first time!

Uh oh, Fady is stepping to RedIssue on Twitter :lol

I was just interested in learning about their sources for that information honestly. It just sounded like pure speculation to me. Chelsea fans say that United fans are delusional about it, and vice versa. Mourinho may be lying but I'm fine with believing him when he said that the Chelsea job is what he wants, what is best for him, and especially when he said he would not change it for anything . It is pretty clear to me. Sure, he can't say that he is bummed out about it, if he is in the first place, but his answer was full of intent. To me at least.

Fady loves Mou and dislikes United too much to let that slide.

I love Mou. I don't dislike United no more. I just wanted to learn about where they got such information to which I highly doubt is true personally.

How reliable are RedIssue anyway? I have heard that say certain things about United and Mourinho.

I've been following another Twitter account, BlueTintedGaz who also have very interesting things to say about the subject. Again, no idea of how much truth there is.

They are one of the more popular unofficial United magazines as far as I know. But they apparently know more about Mourinho than the rest of the world does when it comes to him and the United job. Maybe Alex Ferguson told them all that over lunch.

hernanes.jpg

I fucking love him.

s110410_02flip-pg-horizontal.JPG

The resemblance is uncanny.

I LOVE THIS GAAAME

One of the best games I have played in years [Deus Ex: HR]. I'm a bit bummed out by the fact that the new games are not console based. Better than nothing I suppose.

I was stalking Fady a lil. Why is he following those accounts? lol

Haha! I have no idea bro. It was completely trivial. Some of their comments were quite fun to read but, seriously, where did this group of tweeters come from? There is a whole army of them speaking in that odd style of theirs, for countless clubs.

I watched three video reviews and I'm still not feeling The Last of Us.

Shame.

Maybe one day you'll get to play it and end up loving it. Maybe i'll get to play it soon and end up not loving it after all. Still, looks like a game we should try to experience at some point IMO.

QOfUsld.png

Should we be excited? Let's hope so :D

I'm going through the first game for the first time! If this gets announced I'll feel lucky that I had to wait like, a year or so tops after beating the first one :p

Fady's gone mad on Twitter.

Jesus Christ man, stop.

Are you being paid for this?

Sorry it bothered you Arnie.

No, not paid to do this at all. Naughty Dog will likely not recognize it nor care.

I'm just a fan of the developers and wanted to highlight how much the critics loved it all over. Sorry that it was all over twitter.

He has those moments lol

This is only the second time I hype up a game this much since Bioshock Infinite bro :D Or are you referring to other moments?

#thelastofus is a triumph." The Telegraph 100/100

LOL. One of my favorite reviews.

FADY Bro. FADY. I'm buying it. Yurt will begrudgingly buy it.

If Yurt buys it then my job is complete :D Seriously though I hope we all end up enjoying this great looking game.

Why is Fady tweeting non stop about that?

I just had some extra time on my hands while working on different tasks and given that this has always been one of my most anticipated titles I just felt like showing my followers the high praise that it got for the purpose of letting them know about the game, or hyping those that know about it.

i'm excited. just hope it isn't xbone exclusive.

If it is announced in the Microsoft conference and they don't explicitly say it is an exclusive game then have no fear.

On a side note, I am playing Beyond Good & Evil for the first time ever. Interesting game!

3 hours.

I like the more relaxed Jose.

Likewise. I'm sure the media, and many gaffers, would have had far more fun if he went nuts or broke down or at least cracked more jokes, but he was there for a conference and he handled it quite well. I like the more humbled nature he displayed, even if it is only temporary.

That is brilliant. I am in love with all these Kaz gifs.

YESSS

Giovinco am cry

Edit: half of Ashton Kutcher! Which makes it even better.

Yes, Ashton is the main option but Marotta has also offered Immobile instead. Frankly, I'd rather see Immobile go. At least Kutcher has proven he can play in Serie A. Immobile reminds me of Andrea Caracciolo, where he'll probably have a few good seasons in Serie A but otherwise he's really a relegation/SerieB striker.

Martin has had a real problem with pacing since the 3rd book.

It's a series of two trilogies, if you get down to it. AFFC/DWD together are a set-up instalment like AGoT. So long as GRRM nails the last two volumes, no-one will really care about their slower pace or the waiting. Except maybe the people who died waiting - well, actually, not them either.

Fady K

Wait, Fady's tweets were about TLoU? I thought they'd be about Mourinho lol

I went on a Last of Us spree at first. Dying to play that game from start to finish.

Then I went on to post about Mou's conference as it happened. I am interested in getting into writing for the football field, if I can call it that. I thought it would be a good idea to practice typing up as the event went on.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yes, Ashton is the main option but Marotta has also offered Immobile instead. Frankly, I'd rather see Immobile go. At least Kutcher has proven he can play in Serie A. Immobile reminds me of Andrea Caracciolo, where he'll probably have a few good seasons in Serie A but otherwise he's really a relegation/SerieB striker.
Even if he's the next Luca Toni I still don't want him!

And Kutcher has proven he's a better DJ than KPB. Good enough for me.

I was just interested in learning about their sources for that information honestly. It just sounded like pure speculation to me. Chelsea fans say that United fans are delusional about it, and vice versa. Mourinho may be lying but I'm fine with believing him when he said that the Chelsea job is what he wants, what is best for him, and especially when he said he would not change it for anything . It is pretty clear to me. Sure, he can't say that he is bummed out about it, if he is in the first place, but his answer was full of intent. To me at least.

I love Mou. I don't dislike United no more. I just wanted to learn about where they got such information to which I highly doubt is true personally.

They are one of the more popular unofficial United magazines as far as I know. But they apparently know more about Mourinho than the rest of the world does when it comes to him and the United job. Maybe Alex Ferguson told them all that over lunch.
Well, nobody shares their sources.

But they do have a startlingly good track record of calling United stories right and early - and a number of journalists contribute/take stories from them.

I would say go on their site and check it out but it's paywalled!

Arnie

I don't doubt that Mourinho really wanted the United job, that much was clear when he pulled that stunt at Old Trafford.

He was never in line to get it, though. Like, ever.

Has the 'Wo Quoted Me?' function been disabled again?

People can say what they want about Man Utd fans wishing they had Mourinho, but the board and Ferguson clearly decided that they wanted a long term option rather than a few trophies and an inevitable need to rebuild when Mourinho would have moved on within 4 years. We'll see if it was the right choice, but that's what it was, a choice.

Fady K

Well, nobody shares their sources.

But they do have a startlingly good track record of calling United stories right and early - and a number of journalists contribute/take stories from them.

I would say go on their site and check it out but it's paywalled!

That's interesting. I may look into it sometime since it is paywalled. I just felt like this information is too sensitive for it to be known this well by just them. Thanks for sharing the info.

I thought he went off on a rant again lol.

Can't wait for some deep down

I have not ranted in a long time I believe. I don't like ranting : [

Deep Down. That should be great. Kyoufu will be all over it.

Fady K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom