• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

FootballFan

I already have PS+(expires June next year) but the pay to play online bs still sucks. You shouldn't have to pay to use your internet when you already pay for it.

Having ps+ on Ps3, Vita and ps4 at the same time will be good haha.

Tc91

Next gen can't come soon enough. After watching all them next gen games then they show off that Ellen Page game (can't remember the name) on ps3 it looked so dated!

Not really the best conference from Sony but they will of captured most gamers with that price. DAT PRICE!

Watch Dogs continues to impress, Destiny was a little meh but I'll still get it Bungie were great with Halo so I have faith they will deliver. Versus/FF 15 I'm sorry but each time I've seen that game it looks like one that won't make it. Just something about it.

Inject Kingdom Hearts into my veins HD + 3. And we've got The Last of Us coming on Friday!

BigBoss

Another day, another Barcelona midfielder dropping truth bombs.

Andrés Iniesta has declared in an interview with 'El País' that "Mourinho has damaged Spanish football". The Spain international believes that the Portuguese coach had a negative impact on the league but refused to go into any more detail: "I don't feel like talking about him".

The Barcelona player did speak about the season that has just finished. "We won the league and that is always a good thing", he said. "I am proud of what we achieved because it was a complicated season so it was very special. It got more complicated day by day but we tried to get through it the best way possible".

The biggest difficulty to overcome was the absence of the coach Tito Vilanova during a large part of the season. "It is very important to have him around, the coach is our leader, however he gets his ideas across, he is the linchpin around which everything else revolves. He leads the way with his opinion", Iniesta said.

According to the star midfielder the 7-0 aggregate defeat to Bayern in the Champions League did not signal a changing of the guard: "It does not mean it is the end of the era. Lots of people want it to come to an end but we are still here and we want to keep it going".

Nor does Iniesta think the winning run of the Spanish team is coming to an end in the face of the emerging German side. "It is just talk at the moment; they have to win something if they want to push us from the throne, Germany, Brazil, Argentina or whoever. Our model is still valid", he said.

Iniesta also believes Spain's playing style helps to "damage our rivals, because it is difficult to adapt to a team if you do not know what it is going to do to you. Our approach is what has made us great. And if it continues to work for you it is best to stick with it", he said.

http://www.marca.com/2013/06/09/en/football/barcelona/1370793941.html

pulga

Banned
Sony just utterly destroyed Microsoft. Xbone'd. Xbowned. Call it whatever you want. Im fully onboard the PS4 train.

Scum

Sony just utterly destroyed Microsoft. Xbone'd. Xbowned. Call it whatever you want. Im fully onboard the PS4 train.

#PCPS4WiiU3DS Future for me.
I expect much backtracking from MS soon enough. looool

@Lightning - I don't think there was a mention of exclusive but I might be wrong. Either way Sony just screwed MS over with that price tag.

Scum

9012525558_2ce99f1881_c.jpg

9011342661_f14091b419_c.jpg

9012525050_22e7a363b7_c.jpg

9012524988_3a0ea550f8_c.jpg

Photos taken from PlayStation.Blog flickr

justjohn

So what the hell does evilore do with all the money he gets from this site? The so called biggest gaming forum on the web can't even stay up so we can discuss the biggest gaming news of the year.joke

Did they really schedule maintenance during e3? Wtf?

sohois

Obviously not, it's just an error message. I too am curious about why they haven't been able to fix the crashing problems though. Is it the forum code or purely a server/bandwidth thing?

It's almost certainly just the server load - bear in mind that on an average day there would be like ~5000 people on Gaf at one time, whereas Evilore mentioned that a recent peak was 36'000 concurrent users at one of the big recent events. You can't just temporarily 'ramp up' the servers.

Zabojnik

Hmm seems Higuain may get priced out of both Arsenal and Juventus reach.

Jovetic too. Eh, whatever. We'll see how it goes with Tevez, otherwise ... We'll manage somehow. I have a good feeling about Llorente.

That just means madrid doesnt want to sell him

Both the player and the club already said he's going. No reason they should sell him on the cheap though, if there's demand.

Lightning

Banned
That just means madrid doesnt want to sell him
Or they are playing hardball to see how far they can push the price. Strikers in particular have inflated prices these days where you basically have to overpay to get a decent one.

I could see us going back to Barcelona and trying our luck again for Villa at this rate.

Jovetic too. Eh, whatever. We'll see how it goes with Tevez, otherwise ... We'll manage somehow. I have a good feeling about Llorente.
Why don't Juventus just pay Fiorentina what they want? If you can afford Higuain and Tevez you can afford Jovetic as well since the prices of Jovetic and Higuain are similar in the press.

Both Arsenal and Juventus can forget it if they think they will get either player under 25mil.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Hmm seems Higuain may get priced out of both Arsenal and Juventus reach.

I don't know about Arsenal but Juve are still in. They agreed on the method of payment (over four years) but they asked for two millions more, which is doable.

But here's the thing, we're weighing our options, and Higuain apparently isn't at the top of our list. No need to rush.

Zabojnik

Why don't Juventus just pay Fiorentina what they want? If you can afford Higuain and Tevez you can afford Jovetic as well since the prices of Jovetic and Higuain are similar in the press.

Both Arsenal and Juventus can forget it if they think they will get either player under 25mil.

Fiorentina won't budge from the 30M€ price for Jovetic and they're only getting more and more pissed at us and the player. We will NEVER pay them 30M€ and rightfully so. He's not worth that much. Not yet at least, maybe not ever. So fuck Della Vale. 22M€-25M€ is probably as high as we'd go for any player right now, unless we can get good money for Melo, Matri, Quaglia and company.

I'm also not sure how high Higuain is on Conte's list of strikers.

Lightning

Banned
I don't know about Arsenal but Juve are still in. They agreed on the method of payment (over four years) but they asked for two millions more, which is doable.

But here's the thing, we're weighing our options, and Higuain apparently isn't at the top of our list. No need to rush.
Perez is reportedly wanting more than 25.5m pounds so something doesn't seem right in the information. Either the 25m price is off or the link I read regarding Perez comments is off and he wasn't talking about Arsenal but the players value in general.

And you shouldn't weigh your options for too long or you'll end up with Andy Carroll on loan.

Zabojnik

Poor Jojo. He really wants to join us. It's gonna suck for him, if things won't go his way. Well, relatively, I mean. He'll still be a millionaire.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp

Both the player and the club already said he's going. No reason they should sell him on the cheap though, if there's demand.
Florentino said they had no plans on selling him, I guess he is waiting on the new coach's input regarding what players to sell and keep before making a decision.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Marotta “Right now Higuain is not on the transfer market, as Real Madrid are waiting until they have a new Coach. The moment this decision is made official, then we will meet them again with pleasure.”

Higuain wants to leave either way.
And you shouldn't weigh your options for too long or you'll end up with Andy Carroll on loan.

As long as it's not Zlatan.

Zabojnik

Well, they're probably waiting to see if the new coach would be able to somehow persuade him to stay, but they aren't opposed to him leaving. They have no intention of holding him against his will, that much seems certain.

What's going on with that, btw? Who's it going to be? Carlo? How long can they afford to wait?

Yurt, Zlatan is completely out of the question. There's just no fucking way he'd be willing to cut his salary by 40-50% to join us, lol. He can stay where he is.

GorillaJu

Arnie I never looked down on ASOIAF. I just simply said that I do not like to use my reading time on pulpy fantasy stories. I have gone back on that because I simply can't wait for the next season of GOT.

I don't read books for "entertainment." I don't think a book becomes literature or significant because it's entertaining. I have never read Harry Potter but I don't deny they're probably very good stories told in an entertaining way. It's just not something I read.

Today that's changed.

Carbonox

The shit-eating grin on my face last night during that Sony conference towards the end. They knocked Microsoft the fuck out.

Already put my preorder in. Time to prepare motherfuckers.

GorillaJu

The shit-eating grin on my face last night during that Sony conference towards the end. They knocked Microsoft the fuck out.

Already put my preorder in. Time to prepare motherfuckers.

Word. I hate how excited I am just to not have my rights trampled on, but Sony hit all the right notes.

Non-region locked is paramount to me as well, living in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom