• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

"Arsène has done an outstanding job to make sure Arsenal stay in the mix with the top teams - not where we want to be, but in the mix - on a relatively limited budget"
Straight from an executive's mouth.

We have confirmation now that it's the board and not Wenger who has restricted spending.

1. The Witcher 3
2. MGSV
3. The Division

Destiny would be next. It would be higher but I don't think it demoed that well. Not going to say Battlefront 3 because it barely even exists at this point. Battlefield 4 we pretty much played already.

Honourable mentions: Below and Titanfall and Mirrors Edge 2

Says an awful lot that Sony had the best showing, but essentially announced just one new PS4-only game. Avalanche making Mad Max is pretty huge. I love that WB are taking licensed games seriously and hope they're rewarded for it.

edit: also, this is shady as fuck

ppneyuu.png

Meier

I thought all the games looked great.. X looks fucking incredible. But they're almost all in 2014. And they delayed two more games this year as is! Wii U is in serious, serious shit.. I was certain they'd announce a price drop and/or bundle with Pikmin and thought they may announce a re-design of the 3DS XL (maybe that's next year I guess). It's doing well but still isn't blowing the doors off like the DS lite did.

It was terribly underwhelming in the end. If they'd shown a new IP from Retro or that they were developing a new Metroid Prime, I'd have been happy as a pig in shit. Everything was known already essentially though with the exception of Mega Man and I don't even care about Smash Brothers. :(

Edit: I take that back, I guess Mario is December and DKC is in November. Either way, that's a long time for the Wii U to continue to flounder. Wind Waker HD isn't going to push many people to buy the system.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Thankfully, Bayonetta is my least favourite Platinum game.

-

So there's a meeting taking place right now between Marotta and Torino's Cairo to seal Ogbonna's deal. I hope the rumoured hilarious deal is true. (6m+half of Ashton Kutcher)

Wes

venison crêpe
You would hope Nintendo are already planing a new console or else they're done for the next couple of years outside of one or two yearly releases.

Koko

Banned
I must be among the few ones that love the direction that Nintendo took respect 3D Mario.

I this how Fry feels everyday?

Scum

PC (with the possibility of PS4) - Most third party titles.
WiiU - Nintendo's first party IPs
3DS - Pokemans and Animal Crossing

Oh, and...

1. Thank you based Isreal U21s! Fucking looooool @ England's U21s. Good riddens to Pearce if he already isn't gone!

2. Is Suarez gone to R. Madrid or did I hear wrong?

3. What happened to ElTopo?

I'm going to watch Bayonetta 2! O.O

It's amazing that you know in advance that this time of the year is when your site is going to be getting the most hits, yet it goes down every time. Especially when we're told gaf generates a lot of money.

Tc91

I am seriously contemplating packing up my Wii U and getting rid of it. :(

Pains me to say that as I really wanted to love it but I'm just not going to play it with ps4/PC.

Meier

Seems like it could be back for good. Moving really snappy at the moment.. which couldn't be said about an hour ago before it went back down.

I'm sure everyone has seen by now but Navas is official as well.

That%20famous%20shirt%20shot.ashx

Scum

I am seriously contemplating packing up my Wii U and getting rid of it. :(

Pains me to say that as I really wanted to love it but I'm just not going to play it with ps4/PC.

I'm keeping mine for Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros. and a few others. It's compliment my PC & PS4 well. :)
Pack it away in the cupboard but if nothing interests you at all, then get rid of it.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Top 10 global sports salaries (avg)

1 Manchester City £5,239,750

2 Los Angeles Dodgers £4,855,783

3 Real Madrid £4,718,172

4 Barcelona £4,690,430

5 New York Yankees £4,649,188

6 Milan £4,251,111

7 LA Lakers £4,090,913

8 Chelsea £4,058,742

9 Bayern Munich £4,000,036