• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidye

I would like to know the offline/online ratio for gaf in the last 24 hours.

anyway, I preordered the ps4 right after nintendo's wiiu direct ended.
I still can't believe how far nintendo has fallen. I highly enjoyed their games on the wii but this is just getting ridiculous. too bad for monolithsoft and X, though

what happened to eltopo???

ElTopo banned. Probably something E3 related.

huh? that's banworthy?

Clegg

Has anyone else been watching child genius?

That show frightened me a bit. It also had the very definition of the pushy Asian dad stereotype on it.

Kenka

It's amazing that you know in advance that this time of the year is when your site is going to be getting the most hits, yet it goes down every time. Especially when we're told gaf generates a lot of money.
Lewandowski stated that peak traffic is difficult to manage cause it costs a fuckton of money to borrow server performance for a few days. It didn't say it plainly like that but you can assume it's pretty much the truth.

WJD

On S01E12 of Arrested Development and this shit is gooood.

How come you guys didn't say anything about it before?

Scum

Has Pearce been sacked yet?

Still think I'd rather have it on Wii U. Heard good things about its used of the gamepad.
I still need to build the rig you recommeneded, Kharma. lol
I want Bayonetta 2 nao! :<

ElTopo banned. Probably something E3 related.
Silly bugger. :-/

I would like to know the offline/online ratio for gaf in the last 24 hours.

anyway, I preordered the ps4 right after nintendo's wiiu direct ended.
I still can't believe how far nintendo has fallen. I highly enjoyed their games on the wii but this is just getting ridiculous. too bad for monolithsoft and X, though

what happened to eltopo???

huh? that's banworthy?
Go back to your 3DS, spiyde. You're tipsy.

Kenka

Juve 35th

Napoli 155th

De Laurentiis

slow-clap-gif.gif

They have the mafia money though

Facism

Such a fucking chore it is to aggregate any new information, game reveals and videos without having the gaming forum to look at.

These last few days literally felt like i was slumming it through gaming sites looking for the goods.

Lewandowski stated that peak traffic is difficult to manage cause it costs a fuckton of money to borrow server performance for a few days. It didn't say it plainly like that but you can assume it's pretty much the truth.

He also assured us that the servers would be fine for E3 a couple of months ago. I guess he decided to invest in Muay Thai lessons instead.

I've really stopped caring about most gaming in the last 2 years so GAF always going down at E3 is the worst. Will probably continue to buy FIFA though

phaze

Finally up.

Gazidis:
You’re asking me to guarantee that money will all be spent. But it also depends on what talent is available. If we only find one player that we like, we won’t spend twice as much on him just so we can say we spent all of the money. That doesn’t make any sense to me. The key will be to buy the players Arsene Wenger believes in.

SYiD5On.gif

Arnie

BRENDAN PLEASE
Extended trailer for MGSV is intense. Big Boss is full on evil in this. Pretty confused as to what is going on, with Kaz/Ocelot/Zero/Snake though.

The writing is cringeworthy. Gameplay looked cool as fuck.

Watched Sony's conference before and it was ass. Can't understand how everyone's creaming themselves over it. Where were the exclusive games? They basically told everyone that there was no DRM, revealed that you'll now have to pay for online multiplayer, showed a few games that we've already seen, and everyone's wetting themselves. I was really disappointed with it. Zero megatons. Zero.

Destiny was good, like.

what did he say?

No idea

Well done, Nintendo. Well done. Who needs 3rd party games with all those titles coming out in 2014? Wait...

They're like Louis van Gaal coaching the Netherlands from 2000-2002. You don't think it's possible they'd miss the WC, but they did.

0/10 (4/10 without context)

No 3rd parties. Almost no games for 2013. Nothing particularly new or really impressive. No justification of the Gamepad. Delayed even more games. Ignored many franchises.

This rating is (technically) maybe unfair, but given that they have almost nothing coming out and delayed announced stuff I can't help but give it a 0. It's the hat trick of fucking up.

Must have been Kabouter with that Van Gaal comment.

WJD

Watched Sony's conference before and it was ass. Can't understand how everyone's creaming themselves over it. Where were the exclusive games? They basically told everyone that there was no DRM, revealed that you'll now have to pay for online multiplayer, showed a few games that we've already seen, and everyone's wetting themselves. I was really disappointed with it. Zero megatons. Zero.

Destiny was good, like.

Because they slayed the evil Microsoft Corporation and saved all the neckbearded princesses?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Don't know if you saw me post this earlier but Ukrainian press is reporting that Shakhtar are going to buy Konoplyanka for 35 million. Basically guarantees that Mkhitaryan is leaving.
Because they can't have two players with unpronounceable names in the same team?

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
these teams that rely on external factors to classify don't deserve to go to the world cup. Mainly Ecuador or Bolivia.

Scum

Which build was that again? I've forgotten :p

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£166.79 @ Amazon UK)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£24.99 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£103.46 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Samsung 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£53.56 @ CCL Computers)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£55.00 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Samsung 840 Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (£125.99 @ Aria PC)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB Video Card (£359.99 @ Ebuyer) (includes free Crysis 3 and Bioshock Infinite)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case (£76.79 @ Aria PC)
Power Supply: XFX ProSeries 750W 80 PLUS Gold Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£112.00 @ Ebuyer)

Total: £1078.57

I don't have the 3ds, yet

ordered it yesterday ;)

and will enjoy the fuck out of it but wiiu?
lol no
I need to order mine too. Which colour/bundle did you get?

I didn't know this, so I feel like a bit of a dick now.

DominoKid

Insider @712insider 55s
BREAKING NEWS'; REPORTS IN SPAIN UNDERSTAND MADRID WILL SELL RONALDO FOR 75 MILLION AND SPEND THAT MONEY ON BALE

soooooooooo....time for get my hopes up?

Arnie

Because they slayed the evil Microsoft Corporation and saved all the neckbearded princesses?
It's fucking weird, man.

Nobody gives a shit about actual games. Give me a CG trailer for a game that was announced seven years ago, and tell me that I can trade my games in, and I'm going to drop a load in my undies.
Don't know if you saw me post this earlier but Ukrainian press is reporting that Shakhtar are going to buy Konoplyanka for 35 million. Basically guarantees that Mkhitaryan is leaving.
I actively want Suarez gone if it means we can buy the MKH and another boss player. Suarez is doing my nut in with all these 'yearning for Madrid' comments.

. Watched Sony's conference before and it was ass. Can't understand how everyone's creaming themselves over it. Where were the exclusive games? They basically told everyone that there was no DRM, revealed that you'll now have to pay for online multiplayer, showed a few games that we've already seen, and everyone's wetting themselves. I was really disappointed with it. Zero megatons. Zero.

Destiny was good, like.

Completely agree with this about the Sony conference.
Except about Destiny though, they finally made a game post Halo 2 that doesn't look like ass and instead it looks terribly dull to actually play

Microsoft didn't really have any megatons but they showed new IP and some cool games which I am interested in... unfortunately they have all these crazy policies which I don't particularly like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom