• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

From the Liverpool Echo:
Brendan Rodgers says he is looking to add “20 more goals” to his Liverpool FC squad this summer.

The Reds boss is eager to do some swift business in the transfer market, as he looks to strengthen his hand at Anfield.

Rodgers has already agreed a deal for Manchester City defender Kolo Toure, who will join the club on a free transfer on July 1, and will hopes to wrap up the £7.7m signing of striker Iago Aspas from Celta Vigo today.

A host of other players have been linked. Rodgers retains a strong interest in Shakhtar Donetsk's attacking midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan, though the Armenian is likely to cost in excess of £20m. He is also lining up moves for central defensive pair Tiago Illori, from Sporting Lisbon, and Kyriakos Papadopoulos, of Schalke.

Sevilla's Luis Alberto is also on the Reds' radar, with movement expected on that deal later this week. The 20-year-old spent last season on loan at Barcelona, and the Catalans have until Thursday to exercise an option to make the move permanent.

If they do not take up the option, Liverpool believe they can land the highly-rated youngster, who plays as an advanced midfielder.

On his transfer plans, Rodgers said: "We need one or two centre halves and I'm looking to bring 20 more goals into the team.

“So I'm also looking at another offensive player to give us a real threat on goal and another attacking midfield player.

“We definitely need to do that, especially if we're going to put some young ones out on loan next season to gain experience.

Wilbur

Banned
Pro Evo looks exactly the same lol. FIFA will also be exactly the same lol.

And once again we will enter a new generation with shit football games.

Prove me wrong. One of you fucking prove me wrong.

Dunno something about the PES animations still looks wrong to me.

Same. The way the player moves the ball with him when changing direction looks really clunky, even when done at miniumum speed. No nuance to it.

How marketable is Neymar? I know he's huge in Brazil, but is it Asia where he's building this superstar status? Nobody in Europe seems to give a shit.

rvy

Banned
Yeah, it just looks like the same game as before to me.

Obv will have to play it before we judge but I thought there was going to be a total rebuild?

But it is a total rebuild. We'll have to wait for a demo, the only good thing that comes from videos is to judge the graphics and those are awesome.

Hixx

Hmmm... From the Mirror. That'd be quite a move there. Only 7m for Mig seems really cheap even if he is going to be entering the last year of his contract.

Aspas, Kolo, Alberto, Ilori, Papa, Mig, Mkhitaryan would be an encouraging summer outlay. My mouth waters at the prospect of Mkhitaryan raking in fantasy points. 25 goals last year.. Mmmmm...

He has 2 years

£7m LOL

Salazar

bmjog1jccaassp8fgk2b.jpg

Wes

venison crêpe
Is Laursen assigned as a part time scout?

Don't think so! Although he did talk to the local paper yesterday about how Okore would be great at Villa. That kind of story doesn't come out unless it's going to happen.

I don't know why but I thought Laursen was working for a Dutch side.

rvy

Banned
Oh it is, but up until now it has just been less shit than PES. I wouldn't get my hopes up over a series that has been so poor for so long.

Dude, I'm down for any football game that's good. If PES 2014 is, great. FIFA 14 obviously won't be, they show the game running on next-gen and it still looks like shit.

Clegg

So Barca signed a player they didn't need for €60m and now they might see one of their most talented young players leave because they didn't give him enough games. And now they're scrambling to buy a half decent defender because they fucked all their budget on someone who has never impressed outside of Brazil.

kharma45

Dude, I'm down for any football game that's good. If PES 2014 is, great. FIFA 14 obviously won't be, they show the game running on next-gen and it still looks like shit.

I'm not aware of there being any actual real gameplay footage of FIFA 14 out there bar a lot of pre-rendered stuff.

GorillaJu

I think one of the most worrying things about this current squad is the huge gap in quality between our first and second choice keeper. I'd say it's probably the biggest in the league, Jones isn't likely to start at a Championship club, so I don't know how we expect him to be second choice for a club with top four aspirations.

Mignolet would probably want to play 20+ games a season. I doubt Reina would like being rotated either.

Yep. Jones is 3rd choice quality, at best. I guess Rodgers likes him so that's all good and fine, but he should not be starting PL games when Pepe is out.

Arnie

So Barca signed a player they didn't need for €60m and now they might see one of their most talented young players leave because they didn't give him enough games. And now they're scrambling to buy a half decent defender because they fucked all their budget on someone who has never impressed outside of Brazil.
Luis Alberto's played enough games, to be fair.

He's just got his heart set on a half chicken with Brendan in Nandos.

Wilbur

Banned
God I'm so excited for next season. So excited.

Moysey United. Mou Chelsea. Pellegrini City. Arsenal have their best chances in ages to challenge. Stability with two good coaches at Spurs and Liverpool. Everton with a good young manager who plays attractive football. Welsh derby. Solid Newcastle team benefitting from no European games. Aston Villa encouraged by staying up and working more under Lambert. Stoke might play a bit better. Pochettino has to prove himself in transfer market. Potential for Holloway to embarrass himself. Di Canio for an entire year.

I'm so excited.

So excited.

So fucking excited.

Fucking internationals.

Arnie

Yesterday someone asked for a half chicken but made out of two breast pieces. Having a fucking laugh.
What a wally.

Not been Nando's in ages, but my 6 foot blonde German friend is returning to the country tomorrow so I'm sure a few of us will pop in for some macho peas.

Thinking of banging an uncle bens sweet and sour rice pot in the microwave for my brekky.

Hixx

So we want to sign Das Boat and Alfred Duncan from Inter.

And some duder called Cavanda from Lazio is close to signing.

If we sign Duncan we'll have TWO Alfies!! TWO!

Still no signings lol :(

I feel like most of our transfers depend on whether de Bruyne is allowed to leave or not. Either say yes or no finally, Mourinho...

Arnie

Still no signings lol :(

I feel like most of our transfers depend on whether de Bruyne is allowed to leave or not. Either say yes or no finally, Mourinho...

Didn't he say that De Bruyne would be staying?

He said both him and Lukaku are ready to have a role to play in the squad.

Look someone had to pay for Neymar's European coke binge. It's a humanitarian effort by Barca.

Wes

venison crêpe
Danish media reporting that Okore is having his medical today.

Sweet!

------------------------------- Guzan/Siegreist -------------------------------

Lowton/?????? ----- Vlaar/Clark ------- Okore/Baker -- ??????/Bennett

---------------Westwood/El Ahmadi --- Delph/Sylla ------------------------

Weimann/Albrighton ------- ??????/Gardner -------- Agbonlahor/Tonev

---------------------------- Benteke/Helenius -----------------------------

If both he an Helenius arrive that's almost half of what I expect our transfer business to be done concluded before July 1st.

I still think we'll get a marquee signing attacking mid at some point. Someone for £7-£10m.

It wasn't really as clear cut as that. He said that he didn't want to make any comment on their future publicly before speaking to the players themselves, and then said that they were both players who could contribute to the first team.

So basically - nothing new.

Not sure why but the media has reported it as him saying they are staying definitively.

Left room for speculation I think. Plus, Watzke said after the Mou conference that BVB hasn't gotten a definite "No" yet and there'll be talks in the next few days.

Who wants to live in Dortmund anyway?

Why would I care if they want to live in Dortmund lol?

Edit: Also, I just remembered the last time I honestly complained about us not signing anyone, we signed Reus a few days later. #deBruyne #Bernard #Benteke #BVBelieve

Arnie

Eh, £6 million for Darren Bent might be what Newcastle need.

We can laugh and poke because it's 'Darren Bent', but let's recognise that with regular game time he's likely to get you over 10 goals in a season. Still think Cisse is utter shite, too, so that's an improvement in my opinion.

Or they could just take Demba Ba back when Mourinho swings his axe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom