• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who likes The National here? A festival I'm going to announced a band called NO yesterday. They sound exactly like The National :p

Did a quick Google about The National, they did the cover at the end of that Game of Thrones episode? That was so out of nowhere, I liked it though. So like the guy before said, recommend albums pls? That NO song you linked was pretty good too, kinda like Joy Division except with a less miserable guy singing.

Meier

Christmas in Harlem is one of my favorite songs of Kanye's. Another one of those one-off GOOD Friday releases.. I bought the single.

Batigol

Banned
Someone I doubt Laudrup will manage another game at Swansea. He should have known that you don't get transfer funds there and last season was the limit to what can be achieved at that club.

Laudrup has massive ambitions and he has to leave Swansea.

He could walk into most clubs. He can't improve them anymore with no funds

Wes

venison crêpe
This is already great.

qb2dL2D.jpg

Linius

Did a quick Google about The National, they did the cover at the end of that Game of Thrones episode? That was so out of nowhere, I liked it though. So like the guy before said, recommend albums pls? That NO song you linked was pretty good too, kinda like Joy Division except with a less miserable guy singing.

The National did The Rains of Castamere indeed. That was a nice surprise for me as a National fan :D Though now I really hate that song for obvious reasons.

Anyways, if you wanna check out The National you can't really go wrong. Everything from Alligator till their last album (from this year) is good. Alligator is the most 'rock' though, they get more mellow and depressive each record it seems. I'll link some favourite songs below. One for each of the last four releases.

Mr. November

Racing Like a Pro

England

Pink Rabbits

Scum

Has Pearce been sacked yet?

I don't think I was disappointed by the Nintendo direct because of lowered expectations.

I've now come to associate Nintendo's consoles as purely first party machines. Which is such a shame because Nintendo games + third party titles would easy trump the other two. I would be able to only buy one console in a generation!

Their games were pretty good I thought, except Super Mario 3D World which feels like a kick in the balls after the Galaxy games. Super Mario Kart 8 stole the show. I couldn't have seen that coming.

It's easy to understand why the current crop of publishers will avoid Nintendo's home console, especially when most of their devs have a PC development background but a really good third party support plus Nintendo's first party offerings could be godly.

Either way, I can't wait for Bayonetta 2. Shit looks and plays all kinds of awesome! @_@

@Crash, I'll just recommend individual songs

Santa Clara
Conversation 16
Lemonworld
Sorrow
Bloodbuzz Ohio
Vanderlyle Cry Baby
Apartment Story
England
Mr November
Squalor Victoria

Awww shit, Laudrups agent on twitter being awesome again.
KuGsj.gif

@BayramTOficial: Swansea City Fans, you gonna see the real face of huw jenkins... because he is lying so many times!!!!!!"

Meier

The National did The Rains of Castamere indeed. That was a nice surprise for me as a National fan :D Though now I really hate that song for obvious reasons.

Anyways, if you wanna check out The National you can't really go wrong. Everything from Alligator till their last album (from this year) is good. Alligator is the most 'rock' though, they get more mellow and depressive each record it seems. I'll link some favourite songs below. One for each of the last four releases.

Mr. November

Racing Like a Pro

England

Pink Rabbits

Mr. November is so fucking good but it's kinda like their Song 2. Nothing like most everything else they've released. Overall, my favorite album of The National's is High Violet. I think most of their releases could be categorized as "growers" since they usually sound pretty similar but that album in particular just grabbed me right from the start. I think it has the best ratio of great songs on it.

Linius

Mr. November is so fucking good but it's kinda like their Song 2. Nothing like most everything else they've released. Overall, my favorite album of The National's is High Violet. I think most of their releases could be categorized as "growers" since they usually sound pretty similar but that album in particular just grabbed me right from the start. I think it has the best ratio of great songs on it.

I guess The National gets airplay in the US? Because over here they have a base of fans but their songs are hardly played on the radio. Only since High Violet a few songs have been on the radio. I would rate their albums: Boxer > Alligator > High Violet > Sad Songs For Dirty Lovers > ST

Have to listen to the new album more to give it a place. But I know I like it a lot :D

Meier

Fry

This year we also get a new KoL album.

Loved their last one. I don't think they have ever released something bad.

Linius

I'm not really a fan but I'm going to see them a Rock Werchter in a few weeks. Guess it will be fun screaming a long some of their popular songs.

Gonna be a good night anyways.

N9jx7sl.png

Meier

Insane skills, just insane. The both of them. You should be fucking proud.

Definitely! He is super talented.. shame he never became a rock star like he always dreamed about, but he is still sponsored by Dean and gets free guitars and stuff so it's not all bad. The band he was in for a bit, Exit the Ride, was actually really good as far as "mainstream rock" is concerned but it was just a few years too late. The genre is mostly dead in America these days so they just didn't catch on.

I recorded the Guitar Center jam videos from 2003 haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXCkptMb6Qc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLj41wYbBuE

Wes

venison crêpe
"Aalborg have given Nicklas Helenius permission to travel to England this weekend to open talks with Aston Villa, although a deal has yet to be agreed between the clubs."

1x09-Storming-the-Castle-Animated-gif-Excited-Buster-arrested-development-7915175-230-249.gif

Linius

Definitely! He is super talented.. shame he never became a rock star like he always dreamed about, but he is still sponsored by Dean and gets free guitars and stuff so it's not all bad. The band he was in for a bit, Exit the Ride, was actually really good as far as "mainstream rock" is concerned but it was just a few years too late. The genre is mostly dead in America these days so they just didn't catch on.

So Bill Peck is your brother? Impressive skills man :D

I'm sitting here with my acoustic guitar and I can't play anything :p

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

He's better off to be honest. They all die early and/or end up dating Pamela Anderson...just horrible.

Linius

Favourite records that have leaked or been released over the past few weeks are Jagwar Ma's Howlin and Pythons from Surfer Blood.

Yeah, he's buds with Mark Tremonti from Creed and Alter Bridge and taught him some stuff so Mark name dropped him in some guitar magazines and let him be on a DVD of his and stuff. Pretty cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxubi9YRCIE

His scene is the complete opposite from the music I like, but it's really awesome if you can play guitar like that. Love a good solo like that.

Zabojnik

Yeah, well, one in a million, right? He shouldn't feel too bad about it. As long as he's able to make a decent living out of it, that's all that counts. Having your biggest passion as a job and that passion being music / guitar ... let me tell you man, I'd fucking kill
Schweini
for it. But I'm just as happy with being a bedroom guitarist. When you nail that guitar part / solo with only your cat* listening, there's just nothing quite like it in the world. :)

*I don't actually have a cat. Also, dogs > cats.

Yen

Oh god. Someone get me my inhaler
I think they are one of the most boring bands in the world. Up there with Mumford, Coldplay and Oasis

Mr November was great, Racing Like a Pro was good too. Of course a song named England will be depressing :p I liked Pink Rabbits more, but they sound like a pretty good band. I was worried they'd just be another "blokes with guitars" indie band with no real substance.

Santa Clara has such a great chorus, I love it already.

I don't really know much about new music, mainly listen to film/game soundtracks, The Beatles, Michael Jackson, Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors and Jay-Z :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom