• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

23iHEot.jpg

does not go with

1Ft1jZJ.jpg

Salazar

Jeff Powell Banned Paper article is fucking shameful

JEFF POWELL: Hands up all those who have heard of Razvan Rat, Ricky van Wolfswinkel, Jesus Navas, Modibo Diakite, Guillermo Varela, Aleksandar Tonev, Jose Canas and Fernandinho.

Hands on hearts, even if you have an inkling of those names now then how many of you knew who on earth they were as recently as last month?
Thought not.

Hold on, aren't you supposed to know, cunt ?

Yet all the above and a whole bunch more have just been signed by Premier League clubs, some for considerable amounts of money.

No shit. Some of them are quite good.

For example, I won’t even bother to identify the handful of Mr Whos? bought by Fulham.

Why would you ? Where the fuck did this sentence come from ?

And be sure a whole slew more of unfamiliar footballers like these will be on their way across the Channel or Atlantic this summer.
To be fair, young Varela has moved from Penarol to Old Trafford as a mere £1million gamble that he may make a contribution to the future at Manchester United.
But over at the Etihad, Manchester City have paid £30m and £15m for the transfers of Fernandinho and Jesus Navas from Shakhtar Donetsk and Sevilla respectively.
Although 28, Fernandinho has been capped only five times by a Brazil team in urgent need of the midfield qualities this Senhor is supposed to possess.
No matter.

No idea where the fuck you are going with this, Jeff.

England’s leading clubs are happy to snap up players just below the top tier because the real elite appear to have little or no interest in coming to England.
Neymar, perhaps the most dazzling star in the South American firmament despite an indifferent performance against England at Wembley, has gone for £50m to Barcelona, the club at which Lionel Messi has reiterated he wants to finish his career, even if a Premier League side were to offer him more money.

lol. Fuckin Neymar, who has done fuck all, is "the real elite"

rodvik

Jeff Powell Banned Paper article is fucking shameful

Hold on, aren't you supposed to know, cunt ?

No shit. Some of them are quite good.

Why would you ? Where the fuck did this sentence come from ?

No idea where the fuck you are going with this, Jeff.

lol. Fuckin Neymar, who has done fuck all, is "the real elite"

Pretty funny article. He rambles around a bit doesnt he?

rodvik

Foreigners, rodders. All over the shop. Some of whom are known only to people who take, say, a passing fucking interest in football as an international game.

Banned Paper getting twitchy.

lulz

Furrinurs! They comin to tha village me dear, lock up the dour!

justjohn

The premier league has never had the big superstars from Brazil or Argentina yet we haven't exactly done badly have we. Just a classic British media whinge and hysterical overreaction.

For the German football followers, can you read anything into Sami Hyypia's managerial potential, or is it too difficult to analyse it because of the co-management situation?

Kenka

For the German football followers, can you read anything into Sami Hyypia's managerial potential, or is it too difficult to analyse it because of the co-management situation?
He is good but Lewandowski (Sascha) has a very calm personality and he has transferred it to the players who now act cool in the box. Hyppiä insists more on tactics and physical engagement. I regret they have to work apart, they were complementary and actually shared the job in two, perfect, halves.

He is good but Lewandowski (Sascha) has a very calm personality and he has transferred it to the players who now act cool in the box. Hyppiä insists more on tactics and physical engagement. I regret they have to work apart, they were complementary and actually shared the job in two, perfect, halves.

Why do they have to work apart?

I hope they are a more synchronous partnership than Evans and Houllier :p

@KidA, you hope Van Persie doesn't get injured

Kenka

What a horrible fucking day yesterday was lol. I also nearly died.

My Intercity-Express crashed into a tree at 180 km/h. Nothing too serious happened and we just stopped. I later saw that its head was totally wrecked, though. 7 hours trapped in a train for a 90 minute drive... The crash was at some nowhere place. Neither the police nor the fire brigade could actually drive to the crash scene and it took hours to clean up the electricity stuff and get the people on a new train. Shit was insane.
Damn Milch, hope you're doing fine and all.

Here's the (only) article with a few pics:
http://www.fr-online.de/rhein-main/unfall-biblis-ice-faehrt-gegen-baum,1472796,23311838.html

Just in German of course but hardly worth translating. The only thing I didn't know is that the driver noticed something is wrong with the power line on the route before the crash and reduced the speed. Probably saved our ass with that.

Also the train definately looked worse tonight, they probably fixed it for the press pics lol

We should just pay the extra on Cavani to meet his release clause. I don't mean to sound so wasteful, but £10m extra is just the price you have to pay for that sort of top talent.

I'm glad we're getting Schurrle I will always be happy at anyone joining the club, but £18m is a lot of money to spend on a player that I'm not sure we need.

I'd rather Torres and Ba stayed, but when you consider FFP that clearly can't happen, that will be like £400k/£500k a week on strikers alone. Torres will probably have to go ultimately but he's not been good enough over the long term I guess, which is a shame as I really wanted him up succeed.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The house of Cavani is on fire lately

His mother last night:

The Napoli hitman’s mother Berta Gomez spoke to a Uruguayan radio station about the transfer situation.

“There are many rumours, but when something does happen we’ll be the first to know,” she declared.

“Edi is negotiating with Manchester City and Real Madrid. The Napoli President spoke of the possibility of talks with Chelsea, but there is nothing concrete.

“In 15-20 days we will know more and be in a position to say something. He loves Napoli and in case he does leave he would never forget the love and affection of the people. He will be united with Napoli forever.”

His father today:

“My son wants Real Madrid, all that is missing is an agreement with Napoli,” Luis Cavani commented to Marca TV. “There has already been contact with Real’s lawyers.

“It is Cavani’s intention to play for a side like Real and he has all the characteristics needed to do so.

“He’s spoken to the family about his desire to play for Madrid, but he doesn’t want to say that publically so that he isn’t seen in a bad light by his current club.

“The deal will cost around €65m and President Aurelio De Laurentiis will not negotiate at anything less.

“Let us hope that the transfer to Real Madrid happens, that negotiations start again and that a solution is found as soon as possible.”

Who's next? His bastard?

Salazar

That would pretty much leave Suarez stinking up the joint at Lolerpool

I am so unhappeeeeeeeee

None of it my fault

So unhapppeeeeeee

Kenka

2,w=650,c=0.bild.jpeg

Messis mailbox in Switzerland
Wtf. I know this company. They are an asset manager also ?
Wtf.

Uebernahme von Treuhandfunktionen, Finanz- und Wirtschaftsberatungsmandaten, Vermögensverwaltung und Erbringung von damit zusammenhängenden Dienstleistungen aller Art, insbesondere in den Bereichen Marketing und Werbung; kann sich an anderen Unternehmen beteiligen sowie Grundeigentum erwerben und veräussern

http://www.moneyhouse.ch/fr/u/vitop_consulting_ag_CH-170.3.017.632-5.htm

Ugh, ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom