• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I played The Witcher 2 a bit today. I'm finally figuring things out. Maybe. Kind of. I'm in the mood for this dark fantasy kind of stuff, being that I'm now reading A Song of Ice and Fire.

Still haven't gotten in far enough to know what the fuss is about but when I finally sit down patiently and play for a few more hours, I'm sure I will. Just thought I'd let you know.

Now buy TLOU.

I can definitely see some similarities between the two.
3AQmK.gif

It'll 'click' when you meet all the other main characters

2c9d7b43bcc37cb39eb9fe297710655ac6da9337.jpg

I WANT to like The Last of Us but it looks so ordinary, odd. :(
NOT ZOMBIES IN A WASTELAND AGAIN

L1NETT

That man is kind of a jerk.

Slightly funny though.

Nah those awards weren't dick moves. And the Witcher devs are so cool.

For some reason sections of the media think we are in for Nhaki Wells off Bradford. Not entirely sure where they think we're getting the money to pay for him.

Every single championship and league one club has been linked with, it is so annoying.

Cough up anything near a million and he is yours.

Lol what? Don't think he's being a dick at all. You'd have to be a real tight ass to think those awards are insulting.

I didn't say he was being a dick, I'd imagine that's a much harsher insult. Just a general jerk really.

Nah those awards weren't dick moves. And the Witcher devs are so cool.

But you saw how excited they were? They must have been really disappointed to see that the award wasn't just "game of the show" or whatever.

I'd not heard of it. Australia is pretty dense with this kind of stuff. Overpopulated coastline, fuck all but darkness and presumably monsters as you go inland.

I wrote a magazine article about the "home of the yowie" last year. The yowie statue they have in town is pretty non-fearsome.
What's the home of the yowie exactly because they've been sighted all over Australia, even Tasmania

Chelsea midfielder Mikel Obi has given his word to Turkish champions Galatasaray he wishes to join them.

Galatasaray sporting director Bulent Tulun said Mikel has agreed in principle to join them, according to a leading Turkey football website fotomac.

The 26-year-old Mikel is to replace Brazil star Fillipe Melo, who is on his way out to either Brazil or Italy.

Chelsea returning boss Jose Mourinho and both clubs are now to decide on this transfer, said Tulun, who met with other top officials this week on the matter.

Mikel still has a contract with ‘The Blues’ till June 2017 meaning Galatasaray will have to buy out the remainder of his contract.

Link

itshappening(hopefully).gif

I really hope its true, would show we are intending to strengthen the area.

Clegg

Well, um, apparently Darren Fletcher is back sooner than expected...

It's going to happen again isn't it?
Does this mean we're keeping Anderson for another year?

And then Strootman signs for a different PL club and has a stormer of a season. That shit always happens.

Moysey better sort things out. Marchisio/Fellaini/Thiago pls.

i just had the luckiest season in FM13 ever. almost no injuries, won almost every game. finally won the CL for the first time (i've never won it in any FM before.) scored with two misplaced back passes, and an own goal, to beat man shitty 3-1 LOL. feels good, after some of the shit luck i've had in other seasons with injuries and whatnot.

finished the league with 107 points, lololol.

also, to show how realistic FM is, alberto paloschi was man of the match in the CL final, and francesco acerbi lifted the trophy as captain.

Ugh can't watch Question Time anymore. So bad. Then I saw this in the Guardian, and realised why.

bbcqtby.png

Shows why.
I stopped watching a while back.

Feels like at some point in time the show realised that it was actually very popular and have subtly moved towards entertainment rather than debate. I'm sure it's circumstance and coincidence more than anything but yeah it just leaves you with petty point scoring and then somebody trying to be funny.

Meier

Jeff Powell Banned Paper article is fucking shameful

They deleted my comment, WTF!

Before I went to bed last night, I wrote something to the extent of, "This article reads more as an indictment of your worthiness to have a column on sport than anything." and it had like 15 upvotes in 10 minutes.. gone! Those assholes. :mad:

kharma45

Does this mean we're keeping Anderson for another year?

And then Strootman signs for a different PL club and has a stormer of a season. That shit always happens.

Moysey better sort things out. Marchisio/Fellaini/Thiago pls.

Going by what I've read elsewhere I think you're overrating Strootman quite a bit.

Modric the latest from the RM camp to speak about Bale.

Since Madrid is the team of the galaxy, Bale would fit perfectly, we could really use him. He would give the team another dimension. His shot, his strength, his speed, his offensive power. He is the type of player who will help us take a step forward.

Going by what I've read elsewhere I think you're overrating Strootman quite a bit.

Too similar to Carrick. Bit slow. Not the quickest of feet. Good range of passing and can track back.

Would prefer Thiago.

We need both.

I think most people don't really understand what type of player Strootman is. Feels like they watch him and expect dynamite and magic, amazing passes and surging runs. That's not his game. It reminds me of when we signed Carrick actually.

BTW - His agent has said today that his future will be decided after the u21's - so we will know soon enough either way whether he is leaving or staying at PSV.

Clegg

We need someone new in midfield because right now our options aren't good enough.

From what I've seen of Strootman he's calm on the ball and does a decent job of screening the defence.

kharma45

We need both.

I think most people don't really understand what type of player Strootman is. Feels like they watch him and expect dynamite and magic, amazing passes and surging runs. That's not his game. It reminds me of when we signed Carrick actually.

United fans are so desperate for a CM at this stage some are salivating over anyone, not that Strootman is a bad player but he's not going to add that much quality to our midfield. The sort of money being talked about him (I believe I saw £17.5m at one stage) is frankly crazy.

If you're linked to United being a centre mid from the Eredivise you had best be dominating the majority of matches and just running the show. He doesn't do that.

We need someone new in midfield because right now our options aren't good enough.

From what I've seen of Strootman he's calm on the ball and does a decent job of screening the defence.

I'd rather give youth a chance than splurge silly money on him.

I'd be disappointed if we didnt get Strootman to be honest. He's what we need in the middle.

Mediocrity?

United fans are so desperate for a CM at this stage some are salivating over anyone, not that Strootman is a bad player but he's not going to add that much quality to our midfield. The sort of money being talked about him (I believe I saw £17.5m at one stage) is frankly crazy.

If you're linked to United being a centre mid from the Eredivise you had best be dominating the majority of matches and just running the show. He doesn't do that.

I'd rather give youth a chance than splurge silly money on him.

Mediocrity?
Well how good he is/isn't is something we will find out in due time.

I would disagree when you say he wouldn't add much quality though. He is a far superior player to Cleverley or Anderson. Jones and Giggs shouldn't even be playing in CM so I won't even bother comparing him to them.

BTW I agree £17m is a bit steep but he's easily worth something like £12-£13m IMO. £17m would be a bit steep but we tend to over-pay anyways.

Meier

United bros, City get Cavani and Chelsea get Lewa, wut do?

Cavani is going to go to Madrid. I'm still confident about Isco though.

I don't really see why we'd need more than Aguero and Dzeko next season as we really will only need a CF. Let Guidetti get some chances as a sub.

-------------Aguero/Dzeko--------------
Silva ------------ Isco ----------- Navas
------------ Ferna ---- Yaya -------------
Clichy --- Kompany - Nastasic --- Zaba
----------------- Hart ---------------------

Or..

Silva ------ Aguero/Dzeko ------ Navas
--------- Yaya ------------- Isco ---------
------------------- Ferna ------------------

Good to go.

I think Strootman would be an upgrade over Cleverley and Anderfat (that's not saying much), but he's not someone I'm excited about. We can do better than him.

Frankly, I want someone who can provide a spark to the team. Someone who can win matches. That's what is needed to compete in Europe.

We should get Pogba, young, big, talented.

Bro, we have Fabio and we can still buy back Park. Not needed.

GorillaJu

Cavani is going to go to Madrid. I'm still confident about Isco though.

I don't really see why we'd need more than Aguero and Dzeko next season as we really will only need a CF. Let Guidetti get some chances as a sub.

-------------Aguero/Dzeko--------------
Silva ------------ Isco ----------- Navas
------------ Ferna ---- Yaya -------------

Or..

Aguero ---------- Dzeko --------- Navas
--------- Yaya ------------- Isco ---------
------------------- Ferna ------------------

Good to go.

Guidetti is made of glass, and Dzeko is wank. You can't mount a title challenge with those players as your primary goal-scorers. It's too risky.

Meier

Guidetti is made of glass, and Dzeko is wank. You can't mount a title challenge with those players as your primary goal-scorers. It's too risky.

I honestly think if we go 4-3-3 that Dzeko is more suited than Aguero because it'd be great to have a TM for Navas' crosses.. but we'll see. Cavani is of course a preference but at this point unlikely at best. Guidetti should be good to go next season. They just let him heal up once we got back to training which was probably for the best.

Ideal scenario is we flip Dzeko for Lewa.

operon

I know there is a few in here waiting to play the last of us, in case your avoiding the gaming side in case of spoilers, there is a thread about the quick save having a glitch and not saving right just to let ye know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom