• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT21| Robben learns to score in finals three years late

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

Same for most clubs.

There are transfer sagas at every club, just united fans like to talk about potential transfers more than anyone else :)
Fergie never gave the fans any hints.

The non stop media coverage over United's transfer targets doesn't help either.

Being a United fan during the transfer window is a very vexing thing.

We have this huge financial power but we're restricted due to the debts imposed on us by the Glazers.

And we never have a bloody clue as to who our targets are either.
Tbh I think it's the same for everyone.

In fact I think we have it better off or at least have done until now cos we're very confident in our recruitment team/manager.

Apart from in CM lol

Meier

Pellegrini confirmed now.

Holding%20image.ashx

Dude just looks so nice and pleasant. I wanna hug him.

Clegg

Tbh I think it's the same for everyone.

In fact I think we have it better off or at least have done until now cos we're very confident in our recruitment team/manager.

Apart from in CM lol
Its the media coverage that annoys me the most.

There are too many stories linking us with different players and saying deals are almost done.

Yen

Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes
Hands up who's heard of Manuel Pellegrini? Hands on hearts, before the last few weeks? And to think they overlooked Alan Curbishley.

Meier

Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes
Hands up who's heard of Manuel Pellegrini? Hands on hearts, before the last few weeks? And to think they overlooked Alan Curbishley.

LMAO, priceless.

You think he had any say in the Navas and Fernandinho transfers?

Honestly it's hard to say. All of the recent articles have suggested that he did, but we also know that City were after Ferna in January and Navas mentioned it had been decided for him in February. I think he would have definitely had some input recently but ultimately the decisions were made by Txiki presumably. The rumors about Pellegrini started in February so he may have mentioned he'd like Navas back then.

Honestly it's hard to say. All of the recent articles have suggested that he did, but we also know that City were after Ferna in January and Navas mentioned it had been decided for him in February. I think he would have definitely had some input recently but ultimately the decisions were made by Txiki presumably. The rumors about Pellegrini started in February so he may have mentioned he'd like Navas back then.

With Fernandinho it's probably a bit like Schurrle at Chelsea, the club has obviously been after him for a long time but also waited to get the approval of the new manager before buying, which Mou gave (and even got to manage him at that Michael Ballack match first!).

Clegg

I keep hearing the same United conspiracy theory again and again.

Moyes was appointed as manager because he has proven to be good at getting results on a limited budget. So the Glazer's have appointed him and are going to cut our transfer kitty and keep the money for themselves.

Funny how its only City and Liverpool fans telling me this though. I'm sure its just a coincidence. No agendas there, no sir.

Moyes was appointed as manager because he has proven to be good at getting results on a limited budget. So the Glazer's have appointed him and are going to cut our transfer kitty and keep the money for themselves.

Funny how its only City and Liverpool fans telling me this though. I'm sure its just a coincidence. No agendas there, no sir.
Not exactly implausible.

Carbonox

Outside of the first day, this E3 has been so shit and barren of actual game information and new announcements. Is there an embargo up or something?

Outside of the first day, this E3 has been so shit and barren of actual game information and new announcements. Is there an embargo up or something?

I haven;t been interested in anything really outside of the two big conferences. I'll end up buying BF4, but I'm not exactly hyped for it.

Dark Souls 2 I guess.

I haven;t been interested in anything really outside of the two big conferences. I'll end up buying BF4, but I'm not exactly hyped for it.

Dark Souls 2 I guess.

I'm really excited to get it, I've not been this excited since the PS2.

Admittedly there's not that many new IPs as then but none-the-less I'm really looking forward to it and the few new IPs are really exciting.

Any story-focussed games on PSN that can be completed within 5 hours on first playthrough?

Got a free day tomorrow since FC3 is done (selling it asap) and TLoU is on ice.

LegoArmo

Not exactly implausible.

I feel like it's highly implausible. The Glazers business model only works if United remain one of the biggest clubs in the world. They don't need to take more money out of the club, they're going to make a very serious amount when they sell the club anyway. The clubs value has pretty much doubled since the purchase.

It's in the Glazers best interest for United to win trophies, have big star players, and be on everyone's lips world wide.

I don't buy into any doom and gloom bollocks.

Yeh I don't think thats why they got him. I have no idea if he was their first choice or not but Moyes is a great manager, he'll keep the clubs policies going as they are and stability is important, hes got a good eye for signings and I think it might take this season for him to get settled in but he will be a very successful manager for you.

I really hope he doesn't sign Fellaini though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom